The Greatest Metal Albums Ranked By Fans!

Good list. Move more Judas Priest albums down and more Pantera, Alice in Chains, amd Rage against the Machine albums up though.

Last edited:
75. Accept - Balls to the Wall
140. Carcass - Heartwork

Randomly putting grunge bands like Alice in Chains too, I can't even
Alice in Chains are not grunge but got lumped into the genre because they are from Seattle just like many other Grunge groups of the era. I've always said they combined Sludge Metal with Hard Rock. They deserve to be on the list.

There are a lot of bands that should be on that list that are not. There isn't even one single Death album on there.

Not a bad list, actually.

Cool to see Queensryche on there.

Haven't thought about them in ages.

Dunno if "best of" albums count, but would've been cool to see Decade of Aggression on there.
ab67616d0000b273aa7aef42f8eb1304ce9010e5
you should stop what you're doing and go listen to Mindcrime start to finish right now.

Number one is legit the actual number one.

Metallica is by far the greatest metal band of all time.

Their first 5 albums were back to back classics. There’s no other run that compares in metal.
them being number one is a matter of opinion, as is the 2nd point you make, you 3rd point is horseshit, you went one album too many, i actually grew up when ''Thrash'' was taking off, and of all of the Big 4, Metallica at no time have been my favourite band

no paramore or Linkin park?
do they know what metal is? or is paramore just too hard for old heads?

comparing Linkin park to metal bands like Metallica, Judas Priest or Iron Maiden is like comparing Billy Ray Cyrus to country artists like Waylon Jennings, Charlie Pride or Hank Williams.

Please go pick a fight with a really big dude that can fight......SMH

Heaven and Hell is my #1 but Sabbath's first 2 albums are just as good.

Solid list. Can't say I agree with the order, but there's some good stuff there.

I'm proud to say I own a large amount of those albums

Back