The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume youre paying like an extra 60 bucks for a bag you'll never wear?
There’s the bag, the statue, the vinyl, art book, other random collectibles. It’s pretty hefty.

Edit: that said, I’ll probably still end up with the deluxe edition instead but good to be able to think about it a bit.

Last edited:
PS4 Last of us Theme Dynamic.

4FMP-BBNM-J5L3 - just redeem the code and you'll get it.

A preview:

This one seems to change based on the time of day.

Thanks, brother.

DELAYED INDEFINITELY. Damn, did not see that coming.

Bummer, indefinitely makes it sound worse than it is. They’re done with the game pretty much, it’s just the logistical aspect of shipping it across the world that’s been fucked with due to the pandemic.

Might just wait for the PS5 to play it at this point.

tenor.gif

Khabib Vs Tony, now this..

Just release it digitally for now, dammit!

Thats really fucking annoying now. 2020 cant get any worse, then it just fucking does.

DELAYED INDEFINITELY. Damn, did not see that coming.

Nice excuse to hit that PS5 launch...

Seriously, what's stopping them from releasing it digitally, and just adapting after that? They'd still make bank.

Seriously, what's stopping them from releasing it digitally, and just adapting after that? They'd still make bank.

They put a lot of work into the PS4 version, why would they waste that? Obviously a PS5 was gonna come out anyway.

Not a good time to release digitally. Most of the non-sherdoggers are worried about their jobs and not sure how to pay bills for next couple of months.

Excellent way to alienate the millions of people who want to own a physical copy. You want that Collector’s Edition? Sorry, gonna have to avoid spoilers for a couple of months while you’re waiting.

Delay it for a month or two and everyone will be just fine and get to experience it at the same time. Why would they scrap the PS4 version that has a base of over 100 million users?

Excellent way to alienate the millions of people who want to own a physical copy. You want that Collector’s Edition? Sorry, gonna have to avoid spoilers for a couple of months while you’re waiting.

I don't think pissing off the tiny amount collector's edition holdouts is much of an issue. If they released it digitally, it would be a massive hit regardless. The only people it would hurt, are those with shitty internet plans/access. Something the industry is moving towards anyways.

Delay it for a month or two and everyone will be just fine and get to experience it at the same time. Why would they scrap the PS4 version that has a base of over 100 million users?

Who said anything about scrapping a PS4 version? It'll launch on both, but it would be mutually beneficial if it launched alongside the PS5 and helped move units on day 1.

I don't think pissing off the tiny amount collector's edition holdouts is much of an issue. If they released it digitally, it would be a massive hit regardless. The only people it would hurt, are those with shitty internet plans/access. Something the industry is moving towards anyways.

Who said anything about scrapping a PS4 version? It'll launch on both, but it would be mutually beneficial if it launched alongside the PS5 and helped move units on day 1.
It makes no sense to go with a digital only release. None. You’re not just affecting the people who ponied up extra cash for the many editions above standard but also the huge amount of people who still buy physical. If there was data to show that the vast majority of people bought digital then this wouldn’t be an issue but the facts don’t support it.

The damage they would do to themselves by releasing digital only would never be worth the short term benefit.

If the PS4 version somehow gets pushed back to the winter then sure, your point would have merit. As it stands it’ll probably launch everywhere some time in late summer.

It makes no sense to go with a digital only release.

At this time, it makes the most sense. Although, they could still release physical copies through delivery. The delay might actually be due to the subject matter being a little insensitive at this time. Releasing a horrific game based on a outbreak of disease...not a good look right now.

eIf the PS4 version somehow gets pushed back to the winter then sure, your point would have merit. As it stands it’ll probably launch everywhere some time in late summer.

This shit ain't gonna be over by summer. Hell, it probably won't be over by winter, and we'll probably see the console launch get pushed back too. Either way, I'd be willing to bet it launches simultaneously with the PS5.

Last edited:
At this time, it makes the most sense. Although, they could still release physical copies through delivery. The delay might actually be due to the subject matter being a little insensitive at this time. Releasing a horrific game based on a outbreak of disease...not a good look right now.

This shit ain't gonna be over by summer. Hell, it probably won't be over by winter, and we'll probably see the console launch get pushed back too. Either way, I'd be willing to bet it launches simultaneously with the PS5.
No it doesn’t make sense. The delay is due to the logistic uncertainty of
being able to get millions of physical copies produced and ship them across the globe.

Stay at home orders will almost certainly be lifted by summer. Caving to some entitled gamers who want their game now is not the way to go about things. Delay a few months and release when it’s practical for everyone to get their hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back