The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay at home orders will almost certainly be lifted by summer.

What exactly gives you that confidence? There won't be a cure or vaccine by then(unless they get lucky and find one that already exists), and they don't know who is infected and who isn't, and they sure as fuck ain't testing 350,000,000 people by then. So how exactly are they gonna know when it's safe to get back at it? This is not ending anytime soon. It's not deescalating. It's only getting worse, and the safety guidelines are getting stricter and stricter. We're still in the early stages of this shit. It ain't ending by summer.

What exactly gives you that confidence? There won't be a cure or vaccine by then(unless they get lucky and find one that already exists), and they don't know who is infected and who isn't, and they sure as fuck ain't testing 350,000,000 people by then. So how exactly are they gonna know when it's safe to get back at it? This is not ending anytime soon. It's not deescalating. It's only getting worse, and the safety guidelines are getting stricter and stricter. We're still in the early stages of this shit. It ain't ending by summer.
Because these measures are to lessen the spike, not for dealing with it going forward.

Because these measures are to lessen the spike, not for dealing with it going forward.

Yeah, and it's failing. Even if it wasn't, I still don't see how they let everyone go back out there, knowing that there are millions of untested potential carriers, and they could end up right back at square one.

Never know, as this is uncharted territory, but I don't see the logic in how they're ever going to open the doors back up without a cure, unless they just say fuck it, because society is on the brink of total collapse due to the economic fallout.

Yeah, and it's failing. Even if it wasn't, I still don't see how they let everyone go back out there, knowing that there are millions of untested potential carriers, and they could end up right back at square one.

Never know, as this is uncharted territory, but I don't see the logic in how they're ever going to open the doors back up without a cure, unless they just say fuck it, because society is on the brink of total collapse due to the economic fallout.
You're 100% right and it's unfortunate.

I know for a fact that many businesses are abusing the essential worker/infrastructure status granted to keep their businesses running during this global crisis.

This is why we run into situations like this...

Well the measures are certainly helping. If there was nothing in place I don’t think any of us could imagine how bad it would be. People who recover now have antibodies which helps prevent reinfection so yeah, after the spike, cases will start dropping. When the spike occurs is a an unknown but I haven’t seen anything to suggest it will be more than three months from now.

blue_balls.jpg

Some leaked gameplay. Its dark as hell but the game looks good, and this is just mainly Ellie walking around and interacting. Great animations here aswell.

Some leaked gameplay. Its dark as hell but the game looks good, and this is just mainly Ellie walking around and interacting. Great animations here aswell.

I don't think it's a stretch to presume that this will be the best looking game of this generation.

I don't think it's a stretch to presume that this will be the best looking game of this generation.
Was the case with the last gen, with TLOU and now is gonna be this gen with TLOU 2. TLOU is gonna be the most prestigious IP in modern gaming.

I look at it this way.

We only get very high-quality games a few times a year, and the absolute best games are a few for each console generation.
These developers invest hundreds of millions of dollars into development budgets over the course of three years or even longer.

We, as gamers, should be respectful of the financial responsibility these developers have to make as much bank as they can off their initial investment, as long as the product is of high quality.

And, even unlike the original release, there's no multiplayer in this sequel with additional DLC microtransactions. The initial sales is all consumers will be asked to pay.

I'm 100% willing to wait for NaughtyDog to find a release date that is up to their own best financial interests.

There's only a few developers I can say that about.

I look at it this way.

We only get very high-quality games a few times a year, and the absolute best games are a few for each console generation.
These developers invest hundreds of millions of dollars into development budgets over the course of three years or even longer.

We, as gamers, should be respectful of the financial responsibility these developers have to make as much bank as they can off their initial investment, as long as the product is of high quality.

And, even unlike the original release, there's no multiplayer in this sequel with additional DLC microtransactions. The initial sales is all consumers will be asked to pay.

I'm 100% willing to wait for NaughtyDog to find a release date that is up to their own best financial interests.

There's only a few developers I can say that about.

ND has some nasty micro transactions in its games though. The original TLOU MP became a P2W almost with the OP guns you could purchase (well from the PS3 version iirc). They do make quality games though but they arent as clean as many think. They also have some of the worst crunch practices in the entire industry. The quality games we get, consistently, come at a big price to the actual devs.

ND has some nasty micro transactions in its games though. The original TLOU MP became a P2W almost with the OP guns you could purchase (well from the PS3 version iirc). They do make quality games though but they arent as clean as many think

Yeah, recently played through TLoU and checked out the multiplayer and was surprised at the dozens of microtransaction options for gear and weapons.

It turned me off from giving the multiplayer a shot, knowing I'd be playing against people that'd be playing it forever and probably pay for better gear & weapons. And since the Remaster is 7+ years old there's probably a few still playing it online so it'd be a pain to find a game.

They also have some of the worst crunch practices in the entire industry. The quality games we get, consistently, come at a big price to the actual devs.
Yeah, but there's no chance they'll be able to sneak that into TLoU because there's no multiplayer.

I really respect they're focusing on the single-player, rather than splitting up their team to work on a multiplayer.

Yeah, recently played through TLoU and checked out the multiplayer and was surprised at the dozens of microtransaction options for gear and weapons.

It turned me off from giving the multiplayer a shot, knowing I'd be playing against people that'd be playing it forever and probably pay for better gear & weapons. And since the Remaster is 7+ years old there's probably a few still playing it online so it'd be a pain to find a game.

Yeah, but there's no chance they'll be able to sneak that into TLoU because there's no multiplayer.

I really respect they're focusing on the single-player, rather than splitting up their team to work on a multiplayer.

TLOU MP has always been popular, Im sure with the game being on PS Plus a few months ago, you'd find games pretty quickly.

As for TLOU 2, there will be an MP portion of the game that will come at a later date.

TLOU MP has always been popular, Im sure with the game being on PS Plus a few months ago, you'd find games pretty quickly.

As for TLOU 2, there will be an MP portion of the game that will come at a later date.

Yeah, in the future.

That'll take a few months to develop at least.

Hell, if this delay lasts a few more months I'll respect them now developing the multiplayer now, as long as the single player is 100% finished and bug-free.

From my perspective as someone who's into speedrunning the game and grounded no damage runs, I'm perfectly willing to wait in order to get as perfected a version as possible. The first game, while a masterpiece for its time, has a lot of issues with AI, head-shot registration, path finding, etc. Grounded difficulty is DLC for the first game and is buggier than the other difficulties. I understand more casual players just want the game as quick as possible. But I already knew this game was getting delayed again because a trusted industry source had already tweeted that games coming out in March and April would likely come out on schedule, but not games scheduled for May and June. TLOU2 was May 29 and Naughty Dog does everything in house in Santa Monica, which is completely locked down right now.

These idiots could have gone the hero route and released the game early for all of us on lockdown. Fuck Naughty Dog.

These idiots could have gone the hero route and released the game early for all of us on lockdown. Fuck Naughty Dog.
???

Lol.

You realise the point of video games are to make money right? Releasing it in a weakening economy, with fewer outlets for people to purchase whilst suffering from logistical complications is just a dumb business move. Moving up the release would mean a more unpolished game among other negatives.

???

Lol.

You realise the point of video games are to make money right? Releasing it in a weakening economy, with fewer outlets for people to purchase whilst suffering from logistical complications is just a dumb business move. Moving up the release would mean a more unpolished game among other negatives.
Tell that to Nintendo

Also the game had a month left in development and was already delayed. What the fuck are they doing?

Also the game had a month left in development and was already delayed. What the fuck are they doing?
You seriously have no clue. Full development of the game is done, its on final bug testing, and bug fixes.

Marketing, logistics etc are whats stopping the game from releasing, not the actual "development". You sound so impatient and immature for a 40 year old lol but then again thats just your oniine personality lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back