Television THE RINGS OF POWER (Only 37% of Viewers Finished the Series, post #1917)

If you have watched the entire season one of RINGS OF POWER, how do you feel about it?

• Total voters
If you just really love LOTR lore why not. Just don't expect great decent acting or writing aside from a few like Durin n Elrond. The writing g is GOT season 8 bad the acting is cringe to wooden.

The 1 great thing the locations are GREAT and look great on screen. They spent all the money on production an forgot actors and writers.

I feel like if you really love the lore created by Tolkien, will hate this ugly parody.

Ok, one thing I genuinely enjoyed was Addar saying don’t the Orcs deserved to simply live? Don’t they deserve a home like any other race of people in middle earth?

That's racist. They are calling Mexicans orcs.

This was the most entertaining episode for now, but I still don't feel it. Recently I watched the original trilogy and every scene makes you engaged. I even cry at Boromirs death or in the rohirrim charge.

I don't know why, but in the series I don't give a damn about what happens to these people. "Fight for the Southlands". Lol, it's four houses.

I do have to say I like Adar. He's the only character that seems " Tolkieneske" to me. I care more about him than I do about nazi Galadriel.

By the way, Hallbrand is Sauron. That revelation will make Galadriel look retarded

I feel like if you really love the lore created by Tolkien, will hate this ugly parody.
I disagree. While all that are into the lore will inevitably butch about it as I do. It's like GOT seasons 7 n 8 ya bitch about how stupid things are but you still watch as you're invested in the world.

The scenery in this series is GREATNESS but that's all this has other than Durin n Elrond. Amazon is too invested in checking boxes than making a great show.

So those Numenorean horses must have been training with GoT season 7 Marathon Runner Gendry to make it all the way from the coast of Middle-Earth to effectively the slopes of Mount Doom in one morning.

Galadriel is petty and evil and impulsive. They think writing her as a genocidal maniac who wants to eradicate these orc elves is noble. Even after she learns that Morgoth made them. He can’t help that he was born even if he is evil. A noble character would be conflicted. She just sounds vindictive and angry like an angry woman stereotype. The writers think this is strong. It is lame.

Why is she a cavalry commander. Why is she wearing armour on a ship. Why does Numenor completely do everything she wants. How did they land right near that village. Did they bring horses on ships. How did they train horses as soon as they landed.

Then the woman + woman moment about them saving everyone. How does that make sense if the entire army is men. It’s forced and cringe.

Then, they just accept Sauron Hallbrand as their king and worship him for doing what exactly?

Snd apparently Elendil never taught his son about horses. But everything he knows about horses he learned “from your mother”. The laziness of these writers. Why would the mother know more about horses than the Ubermen of Numenor, blessed with strength and long life.

And Galadriel is flame retardant now.

what the fuck is even going on? Make it stop.

Last edited:
We disagreed with HOTTD but you're spot on.
The Dragons people are at least somewhat trying to stick to the lore and tie the story together. These idiots have just taken the names from Tolkien's works and made a completely separate storyline with Galadriel being a walking cheat code. Literally defeats everyone by sword, even if they are troll sized, volcano flame retardant, cavalry commander, sailing legend, genocidal maniac... It's so bad.

Galadriel is petty and evil and impulsive. They think writing her as a genocidal maniac who wants to eradicate these orc elves is noble. Even after she learns that Morgoth made them. He can’t help that he was born even if he is evil. A noble character would be conflicted. She just sounds vindictive and angry like an angry woman stereotype. The writers think this is strong. It is lame.
the writers are precisely the type of idiots who can't wait to find someone to cancel on twitter. that's what galadriel is, their very image - yelly, immature, asking for the manager, deplatforming, cruel.

So those Numenorean horses must have been training with GoT season 7 Marathon Runner Gendry to make it all the way from the coast of Middle-Earth to effectively the slopes of Mount Doom in one morning.

The obvious answer is the events on Numenor were happening weeks or months before the events in main middle earth

But shows need to be more obvious when it’s not same timeline or rescues like that feel like cheap deus ex machinas

Good battle scenes and that was probably the best part of this last episode. Adar was great in this episode as well. Galadriel still full tense mode on. I still feel like they didn't capture how Elves fight with exception of Galadrial being super saiyan. Arondir just looks average. Better writing would do him justice and many others in this series.

Did you notice the map when they decided where to go? It looked like they could get pretty close with ships.

Obviously the best episode of the series so far. At least something is actually happening now!

Galadriel is a whiney bitch and probably the worst person on the show.....entitled, spoiled, bratty, condescending, petty, vendictive, etc.

Adar is the best character on the show with the most depth and (I didn't realize he was Benjen in GOT). I know the orcs are evil, but he still makes a good point....they were tortured and created by Morgorth? (or someone) and eventually sounds like they ran away b/c they wanted some lands for their own to live.

Halbrand is a decent character but also don't understand why everyone just decides to follow him.

Bronwyn is sexy

Isildur is a dope but his dad is cool

I don't give a shit about the halflings.

I give it a 6.5/10 or so. I'll keep watching b/c I liked all the movies and books.

I'm not bored of the show because every other moment some WTF moment happens.
Do the people that write these shows actually watch the shows? I can't believe that someone that went to school for writing, wrote this, watched it, and thought "yeah, this all is cohesive and makes sense". For a show as expensive as it is, SOMEBODY HAS TO have noticed these huge flaws in the writing and pacing.

I don't know who this show is supposed to be for. On one hand, we have this kind of LOTR movies like atmosphere that would be appropriate for a 12 year old to watch, and then later in the episode we're stabbing eyeballs, slitting throats, and cutting bodies in half.

The incredibly bad: *The Numenor super soldier horses that have unlimited stamina and also immediately knew what tiny village they need to go to to save the day.
*I audibly groaned at the hilt being replaced by a goddamn mini axe. The two things don't even feel the same.
*Galadriel telling Adaar that she is going to kill him last, and then immediately tries to kill him before Halbrand stops her.
It makes no sense to keep him alive once they have the information from him.
*"Are you the king that was promised?" "uh...yeah" "All hail the king!" ..lol what...?
*and wtf was the ending of that episode? Literal apocalypse is happening all around them and Galadriel just stands there, wide eyed, looking at the mountain ?

As others have mentioned, Durin is always good. I enjoy the scenes with him and Elrond..and the elf/dwarf politics.
The storyline with the hobbits is starting to get interesting to me as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back