The main reason Pettis is no longer top tier fighter.

pettis was getting wrestle fucked long before usada. pettis never evolved and everyone knows he can be beaten with pressure, boxing and wrestling

He is just mentally weak and fold under pressure

He started losing before USADA. The game just caught up with his skillset and hasn't evolved for a while (Similar to Condit). He is also very tentative compared to his glory days and maybe he is not as focused as he before since his best days are behind him.

He’s flashy striker with good sub game

Doesn’t have wrestling or cardio.

So looking at his record he looks pretty consistent

Pettis has always been consistently inconsistent. He lost to Guida after being hyped out of WEC

He should’ve never left lightweight.

And no there isn’t any proof at all. But if you look at Pettis from the Barboza fight, then look at Pettis from the Henderson rematch. Those are not the same guys.
I highly disagree with this. Pettis looked good in the Barboza fight. No injuries, showtime moves, lightning fast kicks.

He didn't get to show his subs because it never hit the ground, that's all.

He is just mentally weak and fold under pressure
Apparently he didn't fold when Stephen Thompson was beating the fuck out of him.

And getting back mounted by Diaz multiple times, he still survived, unlike other people who somehow no one has issues with their heart...

hes had some ups and downs for sure, but 145-155 just happens to be stacked up top

The timing? He lost to Guida in his first UFC fight. The blueprint was laid out from the start.
Who did Pettis beat that you think he would lose to now?

I dont get the USADA talk.
look at the date USADA started July 1, 2015 and look at Pettis record. It's at least fair to consider. I'm not saying he's guilty. For the record, PED's aren't a blemish to me. I think all the fighters and just about all high level athletes use them.

look at the date USADA started July 1, 2015 and look at Pettis record. It's at least fair to consider. I'm not saying he's guilty. For the record, PED's aren't a blemish to me. I think all the fighters and just about all high level athletes use them.

Imo Pettis was never some unstoppable fighter. Very talented and exciting with obvious holes in his game. TDD and lots of pressure were always a problem. Also, he has wins over top fighters after USADA.

Who did Pettis beat that you feel were because of PEDS? I think he would still beat all the fighters he finished during his good run.

Imo Pettis was never some unstoppable fighter. Very talented and exciting with obvious holes in his game. TDD and lots of pressure were always a problem. Also, he has wins over top fighters after USADA.

Who did Pettis beat that you feel were because of PEDS? I think he would still beat all the fighters he finished during his good run.
I'm not convinced 100% he was on them. Some fighters just haven't been the same since USADA. Big losing streaks or different kinds of records/performances since USADA. Big Rigg and Renan Barao come to mind off the top of my head. I have no evidence for those two but their records/performance are the most obvious. Pettis is not as clear.

I don’t really understand the idea of him falling off. He’s been going 1:1 against really high level competition for quite awhile now.

Back