TheRuthlessOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys need another mod in there

or the mods who are in there to actually do their jobs

Mayberry is supposed to be "light-hearted"

Do you have any specific examples?

You can always report posts if you find them questionable.

The Mayberry has had slightly relaxed rules as a Gen disc subforum so simply being called out on something or getting pushback is okay. If the posting you are referring to is flaming or vulgar (OT style posting) then you should report them.

I noticed this too actually. Clicking new posts I keep thinking I'm in the war room

Do you have any specific examples?

You can always report posts if you find them questionable.

The Mayberry has had slightly relaxed rules as a Gen disc subforum so simply being called out on something or getting pushback is okay. If the posting you are referring to is flaming or vulgar (OT style posting) then you should report them.
Amigo,
I've been calling this out for a while now.
Thread titles I see and can't believe aren't in the WR, and usually the ensuing discussions are right on the line. You can of course leave it up to judgment calls, but most if not all of these threads are simply not in the spirit of the form in which they're posted.

Still more lighthearted than when everyone was talking about their depression, alcoholism, and homelessness

So the complaints are that the threads are too political? Because maybe I was under the assumption that the complaint was that posters were posting too hostile.. like war room argumentative.

Amigo,
I've been calling this out for a while now.
Thread titles I see and can't believe aren't in the WR, and usually the ensuing discussions are right on the line. You can of course leave it up to judgment calls, but most if not all of these threads are simply not in the spirit of the form in which they're posted.
Fair enough if this was what ts was referring to. At the end of the day, if they are too political they should be in the war room. But sometimes the topic isn't necessarily political, but ends up that way.

Fair enough if this was what ts was referring to. At the end of the day, if they are too political they should be in the war room. But sometimes the topic isn't necessarily political, but ends up that way.
Yah.
If I were a mod trying to look at the discussion objectively, it might not seem actionable, and the desire to impose order, and not wanting to stifle free debate, come into conflict.
Being a mod is riding a line and making the calls.

Although I find WR type threads in the Berry irritating, I will always (but sometimes begrudgingly) side with the decision that favors open discussion.
Thanks for doing what you do, TeTe and team.

I would be fine with a large reduction in the,"Hey everyone, look at what this shitty person did today! Doesn't it make you sooooo mad?!" type posts as well.

I would be fine with a large reduction in the,"Hey everyone, look at what this shitty person did today! Doesn't it make you sooooo mad?!" type posts as well.
All I want is for War Roomers to stop jamming their political opinions into every fucking thread.

Were I a mod, I'd take some of my free time to excise some of that "Trump 2020!" style posting that appears in so many threads.

Maybe even a warning that it would lead to a card.

It's a few problem posters, and lazy law enforcement.

Those threads aren't permitted, and it's covered in the Mayberry rules sticky.

- Please refrain from making threads with a news headline that does nothing other than to upset and depress readers, ex: "Child Gangraped" or "Local Girl beheaded by Father" these topics will be deleted.

Maybe even a warning that it would lead to a card.

It's a few problem posters, and lazy law enforcement.

And who says this hasn't been done? We saw the two reported posts. One was deleted for being a derail, and the other was given cards for heavy flaming in Mayberry.

I don't know what else you're looking for.

Those threads aren't permitted, and it's covered in the Mayberry rules sticky.

And who says this hasn't been done? We saw the two reported posts. One was deleted for being a derail, and the other was given cards for heavy flaming in Mayberry.

I don't know what else you're looking for.
Official notice that deliberately starting War Room threads in Mayberry will lead to a card.

Something like "This type of political post won't be tolerated in this forum and if it happens again cards will be issued."

I've seen warnings like that in forums that need it less.

But I won't starve you for examples of what I mean, I'll just quote them here.

Official notice that deliberately starting War Room threads in Mayberry will lead to a card.

Something like "This type of political post won't be tolerated in this forum and if it happens again cards will be issued."

I've seen warnings like that in forums that need it less.

But I won't starve you for examples of what I mean, I'll just quote them here.

We're not adding that notice, it hasn't been enough of a problem to warrant one. Notices in other forums have been put up when a certain topic or issue has become a glaring problem (like the genocide notice in The War Room for example).

As you said, it's only been a few posters and only one so far has gotten cards for taking things too far. The rest have been pretty tame and if a thread can't fit in Mayberry or War Room then it will likely be Dumped or deleted instead. The same goes for the threads that aren't political in nature but become one later on.

A report of the thread that doesn't fit the subforum is preferable over quoting the user or intentionally making a political thread just to mock them.

Back