The metal thread \m/

Metallica got sloppy at times but they nailed the living shit out of Ride the lightning on this tour.

James and Kirk look like shit. Jeez that's rough.

They slayed that song, though. And both the solo and the lyrics are a bitch in this one.

Last edited:
Damn I miss the 38 Counts of Battery Pig destroyer. This is overproduced and all sounds the same. Prowler in the Yard was a masterpiece too.

I like both, but I also like more definition in my music too. The older stuff while less refined doesn't seem so compressed (it still is) and it just sounds more raw. I'm currently debating how I want to mix my stuff when I get my new guitar.

I like both, but I also like more definition in my music too. The older stuff while less refined doesn't seem so compressed (it still is) and it just sounds more raw. I'm currently debating how I want to mix my stuff when I get my new guitar.
I thought back when it was released that I’d like more production but I guess I don’t. Even new Devourment sounds like crap compared to their debut album despite having better production quality. I guess that’s part of the charm of metal for me, poor production lol.

I thought back when it was released that I’d like more production but I guess I don’t. Even new Devourment sounds like crap compared to their debut album despite having better production quality. I guess that’s part of the charm of metal for me, poor production lol.

Black Metal has a portion of fans who dont like it unless its recorded on a playskool recorder. So I get it :>

PxDx rules.

Damn I miss the 38 Counts of Battery Pig destroyer. This is overproduced and all sounds the same. Prowler in the Yard was a masterpiece too.

I think it was for Phantom Limb that Hull decided to go into a real studio with a professional so that he could learn some new tricks. Can't blame a guy for trying to improve his craft.

Just heard the new stuff on Profound Lore. Still good, but I kinda like this better. Especially with this remixed and mastered version.

Back