The metal thread \m/

Your AV is my favorite album by them. Not a bad song on it.
I'm fairly new to Volbeat. I heard "Devil's Bleeding Crown" on the radio and became an instant fan. Even found the Tabs on YouTube and learned to play it on my Guitar.

Last edited:

Been listening to these guys a fair bit the last few weeks.

Annoyingly they played at both of the festivals I went to over the summer and I missed them both times lol.

The bit before the chorus is fucking heavy, lyrics are appropriately brutal as well. Drink my marrow and blood for dessert!

Bloodbath has been one of my favorite bands for years. Great song. Here's another of my favorites:

New Misthyrming is fucking brutal.

And because a lot of DM gets posted:

2nd LP from this great Swedish crust band. On Profane Existence this time around. I particularly like "Savage Execution", which starts at 12:40.

Or if you prefer, song #3 on Bandcamp.

Last edited:
2nd LP from this great Swedish crust band. On Profane Existence this time around. I particularly like "Savage Execution", which starts at 12:40.

Or if you prefer, song #3 on Bandcamp.

I like everything about this except the vocals

New Hour of Penance!

I haven't listened to all of it, just 4 songs. Gonna listen to the rest at work tomorrow

Cool. I'm just super-psyched they have a new album and felt the urge to share. Of the records I released, their first album was the most special. Awesome dudes who like to play Metal and drink beer. Artists who deserve support as people and for their ethics.

This Hour of Penance is alright. Kinda garaden-variety, but I'm picky with Death Metal. By the way, as a point of comparison, these vocals don't do much to get me excited, either sonically or with the lyrical phrasing/cadence. Whereas in Swordwielder I get sense of urgency, and I like some sort of feeling/emotion from a singer.

PS: Side-band of a Swordwielder dude. Chick vocals and she sounds fuckin' pissed. :cool:

If you like that, this is killer.

I don't listen much of a metal anymore but here are some of my recent favorites:

Cool. I'm just super-psyched they have a new album and felt the urge to share. Of the records I released, their first album was the most special. Awesome dudes who like to play Metal and drink beer. Artists who deserve support as people and for their ethics.

This Hour of Penance is alright. Kinda garaden-variety, but I'm picky with Death Metal. By the way, as a point of comparison, these vocals don't do much to get me excited, either sonically or with the lyrical phrasing/cadence. Whereas in Swordwielder I get sense of urgency, and I like some sort of feeling/emotion from a singer.

PS: Side-band of a Swordwielder dude. Chick vocals and she sounds fuckin' pissed. :cool:

If you like that, this is killer.

She definitely has that late 80s early 90s hardcore vibe going for her, thats pretty rad

Back