The metal thread \m/

For me, one of the heaviest songs ever. From the very beginning til the very fcking end.

that song: Saliga
(Band: origin)

arrrrrggghhhhh

If you dont know it, u should listen to this one.

deeeeeeep deep shit.

on a sidenote: dan lilker playing bass here.

Last edited:
As all of you know Neil Peart died earlier this year. Sadly on the 24th drummer Sean Reinert of Cynic and also doing the drum work on Death's Human passed away at the age of 48 and I just heard Reed Mullin of Corrosion of Conformity just passed at the age of 53. I'm fucking gutted :(

Saw Conjurer last night and they were fucking immense. One of the best live shows I've seen in a while. They were only the support band so the crowd were a bit dead but I think they'd converted a lot of people by the end of their set.

If you like extreme music, make sure to catch them if you ever get the chance. I really think they'll be huge within the next few years.

I skipped em when they opened last time they were in town. On the plus side I walked in right as Skeletal Remains started.

Thrash masterpiece. No triggers, self produced, fck sleyer ;-)
Sadus, fight or die

New Katatonia, not bad at all, but nothing like they announced for new album ("... album that sees the band reclaim part of their heavy metal roots..."):

New song:

This shit comes off as hipster black metal

I know I sound like one of those unreasonable black metal fucks where if it wasn't recorded on a playskool recorder it isn't black metal but it's way too intricate and doesn't stray away from traditional black metal in its approach for me to really see the point. Dude's a hell of a player though.

Only first two album of Emperor were black metal (those two are amongst the best metal albums ever). Everything else, that came later, was less and less black metal. IX Equilibrium was more death metal, Prometheus was extremely progressive album (when it was released black metal puritans were appalled about it), Peccatum and his solo albums are far away from black metal style.

how about the new Beneath the Massacre? Really intense band...

I saw beneath the massacre way back in the day.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of their new album.
"Reign of Terror" is still one of the heaviest songs I've ever heard.

Great shit!

Absolutely! Volume (loud loud loud) with decent bass..... and that shit going through your body like a train and you swallow/consume it each time to the fulliest up. Thatnguitar riffs, those absolute heavy heavy slower parts in contrast to the high speed machinwgun like drums. Wow I ABSOLUTE love it.

greetings from germany! Blast ahead ;-)

Back