The metal thread \m/

That album cover really is messed up...

I own the shirt:p

I never listened to much AC but they're music is fine by me. I think they're live performance at Relapse's fest is hilarious.

Never heard og Genocide SS but they're good, thanks for the share.

I listen to all types of metal/grind to get me going. I mostly lean towards BDM but if it sounds good to me, alright.

Love all this shit:

My favorite band, love they're song writing. Riff masters

Disgorge isn't my thing. Not into the pig squealing vocals. :D

That 2nd one is alright though. When it comes to Death Metal my favorite band is Bolt Thrower. After that, the first couple Death albums. Or Possessed, if we're counting them. This album gets me pumped. I feel like this is where the band finally put it all together. The title track is epic.

Shit, I'm gonna post that in the brutal music thread. This crushes all. Here's a little story about the album. I always disliked their cover art. This was the last record on their deal, and I wanted to make the most of it and hopefully re-sign the band once we did a great job of selling their album.

So I made our graphic designer kinda insist we go in a certain direction. Essentially coming up with the art in house and them placing their faith in our guy. They still had some say. We just pushed our concept through and they helped refine it.

I left Relapse before it was time to renegotiate. Don't know if I could have prevented them from switching labels. I know I would have tried and I know the last album was easily their most acclaimed and commercially successful. So I feel like I'd have had a shot.

PS. You ever wear that Devourment shirt in public?

Disgorge isn't my thing. Not into the pig squealing vocals. :D

That 2nd one is alright though. When it comes to Death Metal my favorite band is Bolt Thrower. After that, the first couple Death albums. Or Possessed, if we're counting them. This album gets me pumped. I feel like this is where the band finally put it all together. The title track is epic.

Shit, I'm gonna post that in the brutal music thread. This crushes all. Here's a little story about the album. I always disliked their cover art. This was the last record on their deal, and I wanted to make the most of it and hopefully re-sign the band once we did a great job of selling their album.

So I made our graphic designer kinda insist we go in a certain direction. Essentially coming up with the art in house and them placing their faith in our guy. They still had some say. We just pushed our concept through and they helped refine it.

I left Relapse before it was time to renegotiate. Don't know if I could have prevented them from switching labels. I know I would have tried and I know the last album was easily their most acclaimed and commercially successful. So I feel like I'd have had a shot.

PS. You ever wear that Devourment shirt in public?

Yeah, I know the vocals aren't for everyone and I understand. I love em though, took a while but now I wouldn't have them any other way lol.

Origin is great. Before I started playing guitar I was a bassist so listening to Mike play was crazy. They're all sick on their respective instruments though.

To answer your question about the Devourment shirt. Yes.

Not often but from time to time.

I remember wearing it once when I went to go see a night showing of Halloween a couple years ago and while I was waiting in line to get my ticket there was a mother and daughter ahead of me. She for some reason was looking around set her sights on me; she looked down at my shirt and once she realized what it was she made sure daughter didn't turn around at all to look in my direction

<Lmaoo>

I don't blame her but I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.

Yeah, I know the vocals aren't for everyone and I understand. I love em though, took a while but now I wouldn't have them any other way lol.

Origin is great. Before I started playing guitar I was a bassist so listening to Mike play was crazy. They're all sick on their respective instruments though.

To answer your question about the Devourment shirt. Yes.

Not often but from time to time.

I remember wearing it once when I went to go see a night showing of Halloween a couple years ago and while I was waiting in line to get my ticket there was a mother and daughter ahead of me. She for some reason was looking around set her sights on me; she looked down at my shirt and once she realized what it was she made sure daughter didn't turn around at all to look in my direction

<Lmaoo>

I don't blame her but I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.

Funny-Animal-Laughing-Sea-Lion-Picture.jpg

I'm old, bro. Those days of wearing offensive shit and not giving a fuck are gone. Especially living in hicksville. :eek::D

I'm listening to the whole Origin record now. lol. It's just so great. The albums after Antithesis were all good, but not this good.

Here's another album I love. Is this Grind or Death Metal though?

Funny-Animal-Laughing-Sea-Lion-Picture.jpg

I'm old, bro. Those days of wearing offensive shit and not giving a fuck are gone. Especially living in hicksville. :eek::D

I'm listening to the whole Origin record now. lol. It's just so great. The albums after Antithesis were all good, but not this good.

Here's another album I love. Is this Grind or Death Metal though?

Lol, I'm in my mid 20s so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

If I had to label Brujeria I'd probably say death grind. The mix of spanish being spoken with death/grind playing was unique to me when I discovered them.

Lol, I'm in my mid 20s so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

If I had to label Brujeria I'd probably say death grind. The mix of spanish being spoken with death/grind playing was unique to me when I discovered them.

I was working Relapse mailorder when El Patron came out. Bill ordered like 250 of them and I was like what?? The we sold 'em all. Dude was ambitious. Pretty sure he tried to order the entire pressing of the Napalm Death "Hung" 7". Pretty sure we got far more than we could sell in a reasonable amount of time.

been getting into Scandinavian melodeath from the mid 90s
loving what I've heard from At the Gates so far

been getting into Scandinavian melodeath from the mid 90s
loving what I've heard from At the Gates so far
<{jackyeah}>

Tomas definitely has my favourite vocal style from the scene

Slaughter of the Soul gets all the love, but their first 3 albums are just as good, if not better... Slaughter has great production though. Their comeback album was solid too, but personally not really into the latest album.

Brujeria is kind of a joke band.

Tomas Lindberg is a tremendous vocalist. He's one of those guys that pushes past what he even knows his voice is capable of and it still sounds great.

Brujeria is kind of a joke band.

Tomas Lindberg is a tremendous vocalist. He's one of those guys that pushes past what he even knows his voice is capable of and it still sounds great.

Really the whole Death Metal and Grind genre is a joke.

A joke I'm in on but a joke nonetheless.

Really the whole Death Metal and Grind genre is a joke.

A joke I'm in on but a joke nonetheless.
There is plenty of great and serious death metal.
Enough that i dont call it a joke,and when toy say death metal,i dont have a negative feeling about it at all...but there are alot of offshoots from this style (deathgrind,goregrind etc) that are 90% really stupid low brow retarded bands,by people who arent even really metalheads.

There is plenty of great and serious death metal.
Enough that i dont call it a joke,and when toy say death metal,i dont have a negative feeling about it at all...but there are alot of offshoots from this style (deathgrind,goregrind etc) that are 90% really stupid low brow retarded bands,by people who arent even really metalheads.

What are some serious Death Metal acts you like?

What are some serious Death Metal acts you like?
I mean...to me most are serious,so its a bit weird of a question but

Immolation
Incantation
Kaamos
Morbid Angel
Possessed
etc?

Yes there are stupid death metal bands too,but i wont say its the majority.
Just alot of uninteresting overly technical stuff,or caveman gore stuff.
But the essence...so many good bands

I mean...to me most are serious,so its a bit weird of a question but

Immolation
Incantation
Kaamos
Morbid Angel
Possessed
etc?

Yes there are stupid death metal bands too,but i wont say its the majority.
Just alot of uninteresting overly technical stuff,or caveman gore stuff.
But the essence...so many good bands

I get what what you're saying, just wanted to see what bands you considered serious.

Great mentions.

But this is as serious as it gets.

Is there a better metal riff than Spheres of Madness? I'm pretty sure I've asked this in this thread before, but fuck every time it plays on Spotify I just get the urge to headbang violently

Back