The metal thread \m/

So is S.O.D..

They have a humorous element but SOD is Actually significant to Metal's history though,in terms of influence. They were one of the first,if not the first crossover bands,and their political incorrectness is very notable.
Would have been better if they didnt put our a second LP tho.

They have a humorous element but SOD is Actually significant to Metal's history though,in terms of influence. They were one of the first,if not the first crossover bands,and their political incorrectness is very notable.
Would have been better if they didnt put our a second LP tho.

Sure, but that's beside the point and Brujeria has done well for themselves commercially. All I'm saying is that being tongue-in-cheek doesn't mean it's not good.

Agreed on that 2nd record. Milano pretty much milked the shtick by then with M.O.D..

Sure, but that's beside the point and Brujeria has done well for themselves commercially. All I'm saying is that being tongue-in-cheek doesn't mean it's not good.

Agreed on that 2nd record. Milano pretty much milked the shtick by then with M.O.D..

If it's good it's good, no matter how ridiculous <45>

I wont say its not good..it just kinda gets boring to me.

Like to me,a band like The Mentors are a funny band but their music fuckin RULES

I think if brujeria didnt sing in spanish no one would care about them all that much

If it's good it's good, no matter how ridiculous <45>

Pretty much.

Here's an OLD story. Between my stints at Relapse, they signed Jim Plotkin to an artist deal and the relationship went up in flames. I think all they managed to put out was one Flux album. When I came back, after awhile I tried to help mend the fence. This was partly because I was working with Aaron Turner's project House Of Low Culture and he was friendly with Plotkin. Well, it didn't go that swell. Stories didn't match and I couldn't really find where Jim was owed anything. He insisted otherwise and I found him to not be very reasonable. So I moved on and whatever.

So comes time to do the 2nd House Of Low Culture record and this time Plotkin collaborated. I wasn't to psyched but I could live with it. But I wanted Aaron to make a couple changes. Switching a couple songs out or changing the order or something I can't recall. On the previous album he was accommodating to my requests so I didn't figure there'd be a problem. Turns out it was. He said no to the changes and I said no to putting out the record. Not sure if Jim had anything to do with Aaron's decision, but he certainly had something to do with mine. :D

I wont say its not good..it just kinda gets boring to me.

Like to me,a band like The Mentors are a funny band but their music fuckin RULES

I think if brujeria didnt sing in spanish no one would care about them all that much

Agreed on both The Mentors and the singing in Spanish. But in fairness, that shit just sounds more evil in Espanol. :cool:

Still the GOAT music video for metal IMO

Also Century Media Isolation Festival is streaming in 11 hours

ZiwEfyaxnvQ5Zc4uYgSBAd-650-80.jpg

New Fluids. Lol the third track is literally Zombie Apocalypse from Mortician but I'm not complaining.

Enslaved has been one of the best metal bands out there for years, but this new song is meh. The new drummer's clean vocals are garbage, and the song is so standard and average for an Enslaved song.

Their last album had a couple meh songs but was overall pretty good so hoping the rest of the new album is better than this single.

This kinda shit's fun live in a bar. Bass rattling your chest. Metalhead ambiance. Scuzzy bathrooms.

I can imagine. I still somewhat regret not going to last years Maryland Deathfest. Videos of it were sick. Not a big venue.

Mortician, Devourment, Rippikoulu, Blood, Immolation, Malignancy, G.O.D., etc. Insane Lineup.

Back