The new Glock 44.....

FyrFytr998

When the shit keeps piling up…Get a shovel.
@Gold
Reaction score
Is a G19 sized .22LR. What an absolute joke.
{<doc}<{hfved}>

Glocks are for gaylords, Real Men shoot HiPoints!

@JOE QUEEF

kH5bzwF.gif

I'm a fan of the Glock I own but all their "big news" shit being basically wet farts is really turning me off on them.

Compare this. A standard Glock 19 new is like what? $550 right or right around there? You get 3 mags (base ones), shitty plastic sights and the new models OH SHIT have an AMBI SLIDE LOCK!!! WOOOO!!!

Whereas, you can go to CZ and get a P10C for $440 or something like that, only get two mags admittedly but one is an extended one, METAL NIGHT SIGHTS, and a threaded barrel.

I know, comparatively CZ mags are pretty pricey when compared to Glock but fuck.

I'm a fan of the Glock I own but all their "big news" shit being basically wet farts is really turning me off on them.

Compare this. A standard Glock 19 new is like what? $550 right or right around there? You get 3 mags (base ones), shitty plastic sights and the new models OH SHIT have an AMBI SLIDE LOCK!!! WOOOO!!!

Whereas, you can go to CZ and get a P10C for $440 or something like that, only get two mags admittedly but one is an extended one, METAL NIGHT SIGHTS, and a threaded barrel.

I know, comparatively CZ mags are pretty pricey when compared to Glock but fuck.
I have a p10c and the 2nd mag wasn’t extended. You got a 17 round mag with yours??

I have a p10c and the 2nd mag wasn’t extended. You got a 17 round mag with yours??
The version I'm in the process of buying has suppressor sights, threaded barrel, one regular mag, and one extended.

It's the weird grey/tan frame with black slide is the only annoyance.

Why are we supposed hate it?

So long as it still goes pew pew I’m ok with it

They hyped it up as some ground breaking legendary innovation.

It's a glock .22 with less features and capacity as many other .22 on the market. Even the company that makes the .22 conversion for glock ships with a threaded barrel.

Glock is coming across like Fuds.

Proof right there.

Glock 44 only holds 10 rounds, no threaded barrel, no optic cut
The KelTec competitor holds 33 rounds, optic ready, AND a threaded barrel (and is probably at least $100 cheaper)
The boiled shit that is Taurus has a 17 round capacity, threaded barrel, no optic cut

The issue I think people are starting to have is Glock always announces something like they have some ground breaking design coming out (remember the hype for the Generation 5) and all they end up doing is milling off the finger grooves.... and rounding off the front of the slide some to match the G26.... and FUCK ALL ELSE.

I like my 23, I'm sure I'll end up with that 34 I've been eyeing to send to Taran Tactical someday.... But I'm getting REAL FUCKING tired of their shit and how you have to pay EXTRA to get metal sights over their shit tier plastic ones when every other striker fire/polymer gun comes standard with metal (some standard with night sights no less).

Glock is coming across like Fuds.

Proof right there.

Glock 44 only holds 10 rounds, no threaded barrel, no optic cut
The KelTec competitor holds 33 rounds, optic ready, AND a threaded barrel (and is probably at least $100 cheaper)
The boiled shit that is Taurus has a 17 round capacity, threaded barrel, no optic cut

The issue I think people are starting to have is Glock always announces something like they have some ground breaking design coming out (remember the hype for the Generation 5) and all they end up doing is milling off the finger grooves.... and rounding off the front of the slide some to match the G26.... and FUCK ALL ELSE.

I like my 23, I'm sure I'll end up with that 34 I've been eyeing to send to Taran Tactical someday.... But I'm getting REAL FUCKING tired of their shit and how you have to pay EXTRA to get metal sights over their shit tier plastic ones when every other striker fire/polymer gun comes standard with metal (some standard with night sights no less).

I'm a bit of a Glock junkie.....but you are correct about the sights. The first thing I do is change the stock shit sights for something I like(usually Warren Tactical).

Glocks are for gaylords, Real Men shoot HiPoints!

@JOE QUEEF

kH5bzwF.gif
You best put some respek on my Yeet Cannon yo!!

Not just the CZ either. Canik's TP9 series are legit Glock killers if folks get past all the "Anti America" propaganda they want to throw at it. They are just as well made, reliable, and less expensive. I can get an optic ready TP9 for about $100 less than a comparable Glock base model. The only reason I haven't is because I kind of married myself into the one caliber, one magazine platform with Glock. My rifle and handgun share everything. If I had known Ruger was gonna eventually make the PC Carbine, I would have never sold my SR9c and saved myslef a few dollars and headaches.

At this point Glock is like Apple. Yeah there are just as good, if not better options out there, but the availability of Glock aftermarket items is like the APP store. Just more things to choose from.

Honestly, the only thing I see the G44 useful for is G19 operators who want to practice the manual of arms. Glock said it was for target shooters, but why not spend essentially the same amount of cash for the Kel Tec CP33 which is a legit budget target gun? Dedicated rail and 33 rounds will do a lot more for target sports shooting than the G44 can.

I think I read somewhere that the dimensions are slightly different from a 19/23, so holster fit may be an issue. Unless it's more tolerant of shitty .22 ammo, pass. I'll keep my AA conversion kit.

Not just the CZ either. Canik's TP9 series are legit Glock killers if folks get past all the "Anti America" propaganda they want to throw at it. They are just as well made, reliable, and less expensive. I can get an optic ready TP9 for about $100 less than a comparable Glock base model. The only reason I haven't is because I kind of married myself into the one caliber, one magazine platform with Glock. My rifle and handgun share everything. If I had known Ruger was gonna eventually make the PC Carbine, I would have never sold my SR9c and saved myslef a few dollars and headaches.

At this point Glock is like Apple. Yeah there are just as good, if not better options out there, but the availability of Glock aftermarket items is like the APP store. Just more things to choose from.
The S&W M&P 2.0 Compact is also just as good as a Gen 5 Glock 19 and like $150 cheaper.
I was hoping for some sort of carbine (like Ruger's that uses Glock mags) but instead their big announcement was...this. :/

The S&W M&P 2.0 Compact is also just as good as a Gen 5 Glock 19 and like $150 cheaper.
I was hoping for some sort of carbine (like Ruger's that uses Glock mags) but instead their big announcement was...this. :/
I forgot about the M&P, but folks for whatever reason flock to foreign striker fired offerings.

I forgot about the M&P, but folks for whatever reason flock to foreign striker fired offerings.
The trigger is MUCH better than the original M&P line. It also comes standard with steel sights. I still swear by my Gen 3 Glock 19 but only because I've had it for so long and it's never had a problem with any ammo. Plus it took me forever to find quality left handed holsters.

Back