The new gloves - Question about the design

Ballsaque

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

So, the new gloves seem according to the ufc to have:
• New wristband locking system, better fits to the wrist, removing any space that permits an opponent from grabbing the glove

• Lack of seams minimize abrasions and cuts; all seams are now on the palm side of the hand just below the fingers

• Innovative padding makes it easier for fighters to keep their fingers in a natural position and minimize eye pokes

• Removal of finger binding reduces bulk and minimizes seams that may cause abrasions and cuts

• Padding added to the sides of the glove at the index and pinky fingers to protect vulnerable bone structure

• Weight reduced 1-1.5 oz from previous UFC glove

So the weight is significantly reduced by 25-30%, however the amount of protection is supposed to be the same? Is a different material used here, or how would that even be possible?

Have any independent source tested and commented on these gloves to make sure its not all hot air?

Huge if true, and if true, seems to be both an advantage for grapplers and strikers, but it might throw some fighters off that are used to the old glove design.

I'm sure whatever design it is it's been stolen and pilford from an outside source that had already attempted to market their gloves to the UFC many many many many many years ago. Dana white is a piece of shit.

I'm sure whatever design it is it's been stolen and pilford from an outside source that had already attempted to market their gloves to the UFC many many many many many years ago. Dana white is a piece of shit.

That is a given, but were discussing the actual design here

quoted for truth.

The problem always was they can't close their fist comfortably.. that was corrected supposedly. I doubt somebody liked the old design, had no science behind

Respect u as a poster bro, but you're getting a bit too nerdy re the dimensions or these gloves lol.

LET'S BLEEEEEEEED!!!!

They took some of that MyPillow bullshit and stuffed them in some gold gloves. Instead of the Rocks red shoes, champs are gonna walk out in Trump's gold shoes to complete this clown show.

So instead of 4 ounce gloves, we now got 2,5 - 3 ounce gloves. I bet they wanted more knockouts

The padding is the same. They even added padding to the hammer fist side of the glove.

The extraneous material was all in the palm and finger area. It’s a lot more streamlined to fight tighter and closer to the hand and wrist. In order to make a better fist

I believe when they are talking about 4 oz. gloves they are just referring to the weight of the padding, not the whole glove (like in boxing). I am not sure the actual weight of the whole glove but it wouldn't be a reduction of 25 - 30%, it would be less. They likely used less material or a different material to reduce the weight of the entire glove rather than just the padding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkDaddy42018
Back