The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Came across this recently, in 95 a rapper named Kill Kill from Watts, member of the Grape Street Crips, accused 2pac of stealing his song Mama Dear and flipping it into Dear Mama, one of Pac's most famous songs, after giving him a demo tape at 92.3 The Beat

This is Kill Kill's take on it (the censored name the interviewer speaks at the beginning is Tupac Shakur)

It's a shit song, and not a great EP either, just an interesting story

After hearing so much good rap from last year I decided to go back (and 2019 too) and accumulate as many albums as I could of rappers I thought I might like.

I might put a bunch of stuff up once I've gone through the first batch. Currently on Little Brother's album (32 of 68 albums I have to listen to)

So far I can say that Black Moon's Rise Of Da Moon and Casual's Big Head Science are fucking awesome

Probably one of all time Favs at least Top 3, Kool Keith is insanely underrated this guy is a underappreciated Pioneer of the game.
I am sure most people who do Horrorocore Rap now don't even know this was the guy who made it all happen.
As much as I love Eminem and DOOM, Kool Keith was the original Alter Ego Rap guy.

The album on Vinyl is pretty rare hard to find online, the album isn't even on spotify which is a bit annoying.
That’s why I stick with downloading my music from YouTube or other sites onto my phone/pc. I can get anything I want, but it’s just not as simplistic as using Spotify etc.

How much you pay for it?

De La Soul tie with The Roots for me when it comes to best hip hop group ever.
Roots perhaps at this stage edge it because they're still killing it regularly through Though & ?Love alone, but De La have more classic material from 3 FT to Stakes (skip AOI x 2 and Grind Date was dope too).

I still have a ton of De La apparel, I rock my De La shirts every summer without fail
De La is number 1 in my heart and always has been. They're the first group to really put my onto hiphop and Pos is one of the greatest emcees I rarely hear anyone talk about. Speaking of which the IG channel I follow that breaks down songs? He does a Michael Jackson Wednesday and the last time Pos showed up. John Mayer is a reg, and you never know who else.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds territory. He doesn't record any Sessions. The closest we can find are his radio appearances through Classic Rock stations, formerly 100.3 and now 95.5. He does mostly rock and 80s hits, but he's no enemy to hiphop. He compares OC to Coltrane.

That’s why I stick with downloading my music from YouTube or other sites onto my phone/pc. I can get anything I want, but it’s just not as simplistic as using Spotify etc.

How much you pay for it?

5 bucks a month cause I am still in university, usually they have everything there is just a few exceptions in which case I use soundcloud.

5 bucks a month cause I am still in university, usually they have everything there is just a few exceptions in which case I use soundcloud.
Haha I meant the vinyl! But yeah usually they have everything but sometimes they’re missing something and it drives me up the wall not having everything in one place so that’s why I don’t use streaming apps, although they do make your life easier 90% of the time.

Haha I meant the vinyl! But yeah usually they have everything but sometimes they’re missing something and it drives me up the wall not having everything in one place so that’s why I don’t use streaming apps, although they do make your life easier 90% of the time.
Oh I think it was like 14 pounds or something like that I do not really remember been like 6 years.

De La is number 1 in my heart and always has been. They're the first group to really put my onto hiphop and Pos is one of the greatest emcees I rarely hear anyone talk about. Speaking of which the IG channel I follow that breaks down songs? He does a Michael Jackson Wednesday and the last time Pos showed up. John Mayer is a reg, and you never know who else.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds territory. He doesn't record any Sessions. The closest we can find are his radio appearances through Classic Rock stations, formerly 100.3 and now 95.5. He does mostly rock and 80s hits, but he's no enemy to hiphop. He compares OC to Coltrane.
De La would edge it for me just because of what they meant to me as a kid coming up, Prince Paul sent me down a rabbit hole with his 3 Feet High production that I never returned from, I'm still down here now, it's nice down here

De La would edge it for me just because of what they meant to me as a kid coming up, Prince Paul sent me down a rabbit hole with his 3 Feet High production that I never returned from, I'm still down here now, it's nice down here

Back