The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Nice tune, cant help with the sample though, but in Funky DL has been holding it down from these shores for a long time. Dude does the jazzy tip just right

I've just come across his stuff recently and I'm loving it. Never used to be big on Jazz-type hip hop until I checked out Digable planents and dug deeper into Guru's solo stuff, I've been missing out.

I've just come across his stuff recently and I'm loving it. Never used to be big on Jazz-type hip hop until I checked out Digable planents and dug deeper into Guru's solo stuff, I've been missing out.
Lil Sci aka John Robinson is one of the jazz hip hop greats, he did a real nice collabo with J Rawls if you can find it
R-2006124-1270813308.jpeg.jpg

This is one oF Lil Sci's older solo tunes with Chief from Switzerland, really reall nice

Lil Sci aka John Robinson is one of the jazz hip hop greats, he did a real nice collabo with J Rawls if you can find it

This is one oF Lil Sci's older solo tunes with Chief from Switzerland, really reall nice

Dope stuff, man. I'm just kicking back right now drinking some brandy and vibing.

It just hit me when he shout out Kweli and DOOM in the first track, I knew I recognized John Robinson's voice from the Sorcerer's joint he did with DOOM haha

"So you should pump this shit, like they do in the future." -- Oh that is where El-P got that!

Very nice. These are the type of posts I look for. Thanks for sharing. Always love Jazz influence on Hip Hop.

The Roots with Jamaladeen Tacuma is one of my favorite lesser known album

Of course Guru's Jazzmatazz series

Have some of my old collection on a external harddrive. Sadly I lost a lot way back in the day when a harddrive broke and never backed it up. During the Napster era. Here are the first 3 that just popped up in my 'Just Chill' mixed album

Have some of my old collection on a external harddrive. Sadly I lost a lot way back in the day when a harddrive broke and never backed it up. During the Napster era. Here are the first 3 that just popped up in my 'Just Chill' mixed album
I love that Shadez Of Brooklyn joint

These are probably two of my favourite chill hip hop joint of all time

And a bonus joint

I love that Shadez Of Brooklyn joint

These are probably two of my favourite chill hip hop joint of all time

And a bonus joint

Nice. Love Mountain Brothers. Paperchase and Galaxies are my two favorites.

Last 3 songs coming in random before bed. Brining back memories...

Got to see Visionaries perform at Rock The Bells in 06' I believe. They put together some great music during their time.

BEP was one of the first hip hop concerts I ever went to. Back in 2000 at Aloha Tower in Hawaii right when Bridging the Gap album released. After this album they were never the same. Probably their most classic song before they went mainstream...

Emirc putting Hawaii on the map. Saw him live a few times. I believe he opened up for BEP as well as Common and The Roots concerts I went to in Hawaii.

After watching the Apple TV+ Beastie Boys 2 hr show, I have a greater appreciation. Before I never knew what they looked like.

The Intergalactic video was very well done looking like some Japanese Ultraman/giant robot old TV show.

The Sabotage instrumentals were very good. A lot of the lyrics didn't sound like the usual trash rap lyrics. "I'll stir fry you in my wok."

@GIBLERTBAPTISTA @boingyman @GreenGorilla @Limo Character
You guys familiar with this album? One of the true under the radar gems, real smooth, jazzy beats, awesome lyricists, one of my favourites

I'm familiar with them and it's possible I use to have this album on my old harddrive that broke, although all but a distant memory. I need to listen to the entire album to see if any specific track pops out. I also know Yeshua from Wee Bee Foolish. My hiphop knowledge is weak compared to the early to mid 2000s. I forgot so many dope artist and tracks. If only I could revive my old harddrive. I had so many dope 'underground' hip hop on there. Use to trade songs/albums with other heads on napster or searching on undergroundhiphop.com to download lol.

I'm familiar with them and it's possible I use to have this album on my old harddrive that broke, although all but a distant memory. I need to listen to the entire album to see if any specific track pops out. I also know Yeshua from Wee Bee Foolish. My hiphop knowledge is weak compared to the early to mid 2000s. I forgot so many dope artist and tracks. If only I could revive my old harddrive. I had so many dope 'underground' hip hop on there. Use to trade songs/albums with other heads on napster or searching on undergroundhiphop.com to download lol.
Well of there is anything you really want let me know, I have an extensive collection on hard drives or vinyl or cd. Or I can hook you up with some places that still provide the old goodness

No but I will definitely give it a listen, been struggling to find new stuff
Anything with Siah and Yeshua will be good, and Wee Bee Foolish as boing boing said.
Also check out 2 albums from Asheru and Blue Black if you haven't yet, Soon Come and 48 Months, both stellar

Back