The Official "Show your Stuff" Thread:

Is the 9mm fun to shoot?
very much so, no blast issues like a 5.56 without blast can, when you suppress it you dont get a bunch of back blast issues or carbon in your face. For home defense its the tits. cheap as fuck to range shoot as well. ONLY 'issue' i suppose is that felt recoil is actually a bit worse than 5.56, but the reduction in blast flash is a plus. besides, blowback aint THAT hard to handle and after running a few mags, you should be able to drive rounds in a 10 ring at house fighting distances EZ-PZ.

very much so, no blast issues like a 5.56 without blast can, when you suppress it you dont get a bunch of back blast issues or carbon in your face. For home defense its the tits. cheap as fuck to range shoot as well. ONLY 'issue' i suppose is that felt recoil is actually a bit worse than 5.56, but the reduction in blast flash is a plus. besides, blowback aint THAT hard to handle and after running a few mags, you should be able to drive rounds in a 10 ring at house fighting distances EZ-PZ.
Really want to grab one specifically for the home defense thing. Make a like 10" pistol.

My to go carbine:

em42alT.jpg
vQmoEiN.jpg

LE 6920..?

Very nice set up you got. Kept mine mostly stock, only have a red-dot on it.

Nothing runs like a Colt..

LE 6920..?

Very nice set up you got. Kept mine mostly stock, only have a red-dot on it.

Nothing runs like a Colt..

Yep. Colt is the gold standard for performance as far as I’m concerned (when it comes to AR’s).

The only other above it is the Knights stuff for about 3x more, for a more durable bolt, kinda more durable barrel and lighter weight.

Meh... Not really worth it for me.

A red dot is all you really need.

I have another colt 6920 OEM 1 that I keep around as a spare.

This one has the vltor A5 buffer system in it that really flattens the muzzle rise without a comp and a bunch of ambi parts, but is still a colt where it counts!

Yep. Colt is the gold standard for performance as far as I’m concerned (when it comes to AR’s).

The only other above it is the Knights stuff for about 3x more, for a more durable bolt, kinda more durable barrel and lighter weight.

Meh... Not really worth it for me.

A red dot is all you really need.

I have another colt 6920 OEM 1 that I keep around as a spare.

This one has the vltor A5 buffer system in it that really flattens the muzzle rise without a comp and a bunch of ambi parts, but is still a colt where it counts!
i dont know...i've built and used a lot of AR's and colt just doenst do anything that makes me stand up and grant them 'GOLD STANDARD' accolades. Daniel Defense has better barrels, and WAY better handguard support, better furniture, and better finish for example. i think AR tiers are SHIT TIER (Olympic, Delton) BASIC TIER (PSA, Bushmaster) GOOD TIER (Colt, FN) and PRO TIER (Noveske, DD, LWRC)

i dont know...i've built and used a lot of AR's and colt just doenst do anything that makes me stand up and grant them 'GOLD STANDARD' accolades. Daniel Defense has better barrels, and WAY better handguard support, better furniture, and better finish for example. i think AR tiers are SHIT TIER (Olympic, Delton) BASIC TIER (PSA, Bushmaster) GOOD TIER (Colt, FN) and PRO TIER (Noveske, DD, LWRC)

I think it’s the gold standard because many have been used professionally and they do very well in carbine classes.

Very good track record (if you dont count MIL abuse/lack of parts replacement and bad mags, no lube, etc...)

From the arfcom high round count thread their bolts seems to last longer than other normal bolts too (bolts not from KAC or LMT enhanced).

I’m sure the DD’s are nice and wish colt would offer more variety sometimes.

Like a carbine with a hammer forged barrel in midlength (Yes I know about their midlength).

So yeah I could probably build an arguably better bomb.com AR from the best parts.

But it’s not going to be $725 that I bought my OEM1 for.

Edit: Damn, now I’m thinking of putting a KAC SR-15mod2 upper on the all ambi LMT mars lower. That IMO would be pretty damn close to perfect. MLOK of course. <datassdom>

the recipe for Colts success is to use average materials for your receiver and upper, offer ridiculous discount rates to get government contracts, and then bank on the name recognition and the fact that 90% of government agencies will forever buy your product because 'thats what the military uses'.

from being a trigger puller for a number of years ive come to one conclusion: Military issue gear is shit. almost unequivocally. its JUUUUUUUUUST good enough to past muster without invoking congressional hearings...mostly.

edit

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread in the WR but I built a couple of not-glock-polymer80's yesterday. Too easy.

2v1b66x.jpg

How long until you can put 1000 rounds through 'em and tell us how it goes? Asking for a friend.

edit

Last edited:
No can do, bruddah.

Best will be a couple hundred a week or so. I am headed off to a no-gun zone for about 3 years. Was basically just getting all of my projects out of the way in case the political climate changed while I was gone.

Ok. Just curious how durable they seem.

Best of luck with wherever you're going.

I posted this in another thread in the WR but I built a couple of not-glock-polymer80's yesterday. Too easy.

2v1b66x.jpg
How difficult was it? I have one that's been sitting and I don't have a milling machine so I've been wondering how best to use a drill press to do the work.

edit

Last edited:
I used the drill press and didn't even have a sliding vice for it. I just set the milling bit about 1/64" high and made a lot of passes. The hardest part was the barrel slot milling. The material will wander. Slide it across the table of your drill press. Just stop and look at it every few seconds. Honestly the 80% is very forgiving.

I ended up doing 2 and both work great.

It was way easier than I thought.

The hardest part of this whole thing was remembering in which order to put the retaining pins in. Oh, and those fucking retaining clips on the firing pin spring. But that had nothing to do with the 80percent lower. That was the upper build.
Yeah, I think once I figure out how to properly go about milling down the last 20% I will be good to go. I need to get mine stippled as I don't have a wood burner first.

Back