The Powerlifting Thread

Nail down that form and enter a meet, then treat yourself to a pair of hundos.

Nail down that form and enter a meet, then treat yourself to a pair of hundos.
What's wrong with my squat? Bar need to be lower? It feels miles better than it used to but then on camera still looks like thoracic rounding and too much forward lean in the squat. I just don't know what to do to fix it. I'm sure I'll be able to handle more weight with form dialed in as well.

What's wrong with my squat? Bar need to be lower? It feels miles better than it used to but then on camera still looks like thoracic rounding and too much forward lean in the squat. I just don't know what to do to fix it. I'm sure I'll be able to handle more weight with form dialed in as well.

I spoke incorrectly, I should have not used form. Your knees looked like they were not locked out at the start of the squat in the last video and it looked like you might have started the lean for racking the bar before you completed the 2nd rep. Nothing huge, but you would want to iron those out before doing a meet.

I spoke incorrectly, I should have not used form. Your knees looked like they were not locked out at the start of the squat in the last video and it looked like you might have started the lean for racking the bar before you completed the 2nd rep. Nothing huge, but you would want to iron those out before doing a meet.
Yep that, pause and full stops when benching, and holding deadlift lockouts a bit longer than normal.

@ASUThermo also need to get back in the gym and do a grappling tourney, spent a good bit on an A6 Origin gi <45>

Big boy size, bruiser. I guess origin is the hottest thing right now right? Does Koral still make gi's and rash guards?

Big boy size, bruiser. I guess origin is the hottest thing right now right? Does Koral still make gi's and rash guards?
That I dont know. I would have gone with someone else but Origin is the only one I could find that size in.

2x2 with 385lbs today.

Need to find a way to consistently get the bench centered in the rack. I hit the right j hook here and it's been a problem for a while. Also the platform is slightly off kilter. It was leveled for one part of the basement and got moved. Moved my grip in to my ring finger on the rings and it felt easier than index on the rings.

2x2 with 385lbs today.

Need to find a way to consistently get the bench centered in the rack. I hit the right j hook here and it's been a problem for a while. Also the platform is slightly off kilter. It was leveled for one part of the basement and got moved. Moved my grip in to my ring finger on the rings and it felt easier than index on the rings.

www.traininglog.com

Musings from today:

Powerlifting is a marathon, not a sprint

Titan safety straps can catch 685lbs

You greatly underestimate your knee and hip mobility when an emergency arises

@JimRussel is gruff but correct a lot of the time

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Musings from today:

Powerlifting is a marathon, not a sprint

Titan safety straps can catch 685lbs

You greatly underestimate your knee and hip mobility when an emergency arises

@JimRussel is gruff but correct a lot of the time

Pain is weakness leaving the body
What catastrophic lifting event occured today?

What have your squat workouts been lately that made you think taking 685 lbs was a reasonable decision?
Hit 595lbs for 5 sets of 2 on Monday

585lbs flew like a warm up.

665lbs was an inch high but moved pretty quick.

685 was a wall. Hips moved first and put me in a good morning position. Couldnt stand up with it.. In hindsight I should have taken 665lbs again and try to hit good depth instead of being overzealous.

Hit 595lbs for 5 sets of 2 on Monday

585lbs flew like a warm up.

665lbs was an inch high but moved pretty quick.

685 was a wall. Hips moved first and put me in a good morning position. Couldnt stand up with it.. In hindsight I should have taken 665lbs again and try to hit good depth instead of being overzealous.
585 and 685 are a lot of pounds apart.

Is your “inch high” evaluation accurate?

I never attempted 685 in my life, even at my strongest, for reference. I had squatted 625x2x2 super easily at that point too.

585 and 685 are a lot of pounds apart.

Is your “inch high” evaluation accurate?

I never attempted 685 in my life, even at my strongest, for reference. I had squatted 625x2x2 super easily at that point too.
It turns out I miscalculated and 685 is what I squatted high, 705 stapled me. I should probably learn to count before loading the bar.

Back