The Powerlifting Thread

Post the video.

Thought it was 665 because I was planning on doing a 25 a 10 and a 5 after the 585. Instead I threw on a 35 10 and 5. Need to work on ankle mobility. Think it cost me the rep here.

Thought it was 665 because I was planning on doing a 25 a 10 and a 5 after the 585. Instead I threw on a 35 10 and 5. Need to work on ankle mobility. Think it cost me the rep here.

Thats a big squat. But an honest critique would be that looked several inches high. Also your knees arent locked out.

Thats a big squat. But an honest critique would be that looked several inches high. Also your knees arent locked out.
Before the rep starts? Makes sense. I almost lost this during the unrack and even with safety straps wasn't confident to sink it deeper. The safety straps ended up being too deep because when I dumped the 700 it tore skin and hair off the back of my head. The rack obscures the hip crease a bit but I'm not splitting hairs. If I thought this was comp depth I'd have posted it without being asked.

Before the rep starts? Makes sense. I almost lost this during the unrack and even with safety straps wasn't confident to sink it deeper. The safety straps ended up being too deep because when I dumped the 700 it tore skin and hair off the back of my head. The rack obscures the hip crease a bit but I'm not splitting hairs. If I thought this was comp depth I'd have posted it without being asked.
Just stuff to work on if you ever decide to compete. Some of the stricter feds wont give you the squat command unless your knees are completely locked out.

Just stuff to work on if you ever decide to compete. Some of the stricter feds wont give you the squat command unless your knees are completely locked out.
Yes @ASUThermo has told me that as well. I guess it's not something I think about consciously that I'll have to start paying attention to. I rush the rep and rerack too much.

Only to post in sherdog threads and then never use.

I watched it. Zero novel information.
That's because you can already hook grip 700lbs. For me this was informative and could be for anyone else looking to try it out.

Do people really need an instructional on how to hook grip?

There's nuances that people may not get. It's not simply wrapping your thumb around the bar and then your fingers around your thumb.

W

Ok I tried it and it was dog shit. You can't carry the bar low in your hand if you have short thumbs.

Sean is making Jonnie look like a 74 or Jonnie is making Sean look like a 93.

That's because you can already hook grip 700lbs. For me this was informative and could be for anyone else looking to try it out.
What does my ability to hook grip heavy stuff have to do with anything?

I mean “no novel information” as in not wrapping your thumb around the bar too much is a mistake mentioned in most other hook grip videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back