The Powerlifting Thread

@ASUThermo You know of any reason why usapl got rid of the primetime sessions this year? Looks at the schedule and i didnt see them listed. Kind of enjoyed watching those in the past.

@ASUThermo You know of any reason why usapl got rid of the primetime sessions this year? Looks at the schedule and i didnt see them listed. Kind of enjoyed watching those

I'll ask around, but I am thinking it had to do with covid. Originally the spectators and coaches were very limited, and the competitor cap was very small. The production is rough compared to 2019, feels like a well done local meet.

Anyone know where I can find the lineup for USAPL Nats? Hopefully I can watch some of the 74s tomorrow morning

There should be a 2nd live event on their channel for the other platform.

Bump because I still enjoy the sport.

An old training partner did another group message and he plans to compete at a USPA meet on July 30th at a gym another old training partner owns. Sadly the slots are all full, but he said there are always no shows. Debating if I should attempt to train for this, even if I can't fully commit to training. I'll be 42 in the old man division. My squat and deadlift is nearly back to square one and weak AF though, but at least I'm squatting pain free now. My bench is the only thing that's been maintained, although nearly 5 months away should be more then enough time to get my squat and deadlift back up a good amount.

Anyone still competing? @ASUThermo ? Are you planning on sticking with USAPL or moving to Powerlifting America?

Bump because I still enjoy the sport.

An old training partner did another group message and he plans to compete at a USPA meet on July 30th at a gym another old training partner owns. Sadly the slots are all full, but he said there are always no shows. Debating if I should attempt to train for this, even if I can't fully commit to training. I'll be 42 in the old man division. My squat and deadlift is nearly back to square one and weak AF though, but at least I'm squatting pain free now. My bench is the only thing that's been maintained, although nearly 5 months away should be more then enough time to get my squat and deadlift back up a good amount.

Anyone still competing? @ASUThermo ? Are you planning on sticking with USAPL or moving to Powerlifting America?
This far out you should be able to get in the meet with drop outs. Is there a wait list? Just handled a lifter today at the USAPL Masters Pro event atthe Arnold....they had a bunch of drop outs.

I was going to do PA Bench nationals last weekend because I was in FL, but at the deadline I decided not to due to the suspension BS since I'm doing USAPL nationals in June, then maybe USPA north Americans in November. After that I'll see what the M1 105 class looks like for PA, if I have a shot at making a team for world's or North Americans I'll look into their masters nationals.

This far out you should be able to get in the meet with drop outs. Is there a wait list? Just handled a lifter today at the USAPL Masters Pro event atthe Arnold....they had a bunch of drop outs.

I was going to do PA Bench nationals last weekend because I was in FL, but at the deadline I decided not to due to the suspension BS since I'm doing USAPL nationals in June, then maybe USPA north Americans in November. After that I'll see what the M1 105 class looks like for PA, if I have a shot at making a team for world's or North Americans I'll look into their masters nationals.
Or you could go the usvi route and have a really good chance of making a world team.

Or you could go the usvi route and have a really good chance of making a world team.

That was talked about. Now that the US is now sending teams, I think I'd rather go through the PMA route, but it's a possibility.

Thinking about getting a Titan Triumph singlet. Anyone else use it? For my weight (163-164 lb) the site recommends size Large. Should I go with their recommendations?

Also any recommendations on knee sleeves? I would go with SBD, but I don't want to spend $90+ on knee sleeves. Thanks.

Thinking about getting a Titan Triumph singlet. Anyone else use it? For my weight (163-164 lb) the site recommends size Large. Should I go with their recommendations?

Also any recommendations on knee sleeves? I would go with SBD, but I don't want to spend $90+ on knee sleeves. Thanks.

Triumph is by far the best IPF approved singlet available when it comes to support. You can get away with sizing down, I wear a large and am about 240-250 normally.

SBD is good, two kids I coach use stoic and they love them. The inzer cheater sleeves are good, but wouldn't recommend them for every day use.

Triumph is by far the best IPF approved singlet available when it comes to support. You can get away with sizing down, I wear a large and am about 240-250 normally.

SBD is good, two kids I coach use stoic and they love them. The inzer cheater sleeves are good, but wouldn't recommend them for every day use.
Thanks. If you're large then it makes me wonder if I need to get a small lol. I'm 5'6", 32-33" waist and will probably stay around 163 lb +/- 5 lb. What do you think for someone my size?

Will also check out Stoic. I remember reading that many people liked their sleeves, but we'll see. If the price difference isn't much I may get a pair of SBD and call it a day. Just need to figure out the size.

Thanks. If you're large then it makes me wonder if I need to get a small lol. I'm 5'6", 32-33" waist and will probably stay around 163 lb +/- 5 lb. What do you think for someone my size?

Will also check out Stoic. I remember reading that many people liked their sleeves, but we'll see. If the price difference isn't much I may get a pair of SBD and call it a day. Just need to figure out the size.

The large is very tight, but I like that for squat and bench. I switch out to a loose old SBD singlet for deadlift. Medium for comfort, Small for compression would.be my guess. We have a female that is 5'5" that's about 78kg - 80kg normally, she wears a medium and likes the fit.

The large is very tight, but I like that for squat and bench. I switch out to a loose old SBD singlet for deadlift. Medium for comfort, Small for compression would.be my guess. We have a female that is 5'5" that's about 78kg - 80kg normally, she wears a medium and likes the fit.
I'm surprised you can get into a large. I'm 5'10 195 and the xl triumph I have fits comfortably.

Strong knee sleeves are ok, but not as good quality wise as sbds. Like asu said the inzers are really stiff and not something youd want to use all the time. I would invest in a pair of sbds.

I'm surprised you can get into a large. I'm 5'10 195 and the xl triumph I have fits comfortably.

I thought XL would be the one fore me too, but ran it by a 105er that is a little shorter, but way more muscular than me and he said that L was the way to go. The Triumph should definitely be considered equipped gear compared to other singlets. The newer SBD singlets are still way behind Titan as far as compression/support.

Back