Media The reasons why GSP is le GOAT

Khabib, lol. He has 3 big wins. GSP, Jones, and Silva dwarf all the marshmallows Khabib crushed. One of his main wins, Conor is not really that big of a win in retrospect, more of a famous person.

Fedor tops all of them of course.
He was no.1 favorite for the LW title in 2015;

Conor himself admits this.

It doesn't matter how many big wins he has according to your bias opinion, he was already no.1 LW even in 2015.

No he did not. He outgrew his division and was never going to cut to 145 with the IV band. Casual exposed.

Outgrew his division? lmao listen to yourself

have you seen all the fighters lately dropping divisions with ease? garbrandt aldo everyone is going down... how come it’s not getting harder for them?

please... the only casual here is you

GSP is the WW GOAT because he has 16 top ten ranked wins in the division, not because he avenged his losses.

AS ran away from Jones; Jones ran away from HW.

Ignoring steroids as a factor screams bias.

All of that logic could be used against Jones.

At Featherweight, McGregor was cutting from 172 lbs, even though that's a common weight for Lightweights to cut from; he moved up after a single weight cut post-IV ban, he didn't have a choice.

Jones has earned the right to do what he wants ... look how many defenses he had and he’s prepping for a move up

okay what about aldo silva fedor.. never ran period

I guarantee you Mcgregor can cut down to featherweight today and fight... that IV shit is used as an excuse

You guys were saying the same shit about Aldo being big for his division at FW.... now look at him dropped even further down

maxresdefault.jpg

Khabib-1280x720.png

Reach is 492 calories? What

he ran away when the competition got stiffer... how can he be a goat?

what’s manly about protecting your record in order to make more money?

money is fake man made... pride is real

he didn’t need the money but he still sold at the top

no way he’s a goat in my book

Khabib is no goat either for the same reason

give me Jones, Fedor, Silva, Aldo all day
Competition is always getting stiffer. By that logic anyone who doesnt fight forever can’t be the goat.

Has any fighter ever have learned from their losses the way GSP did? Hughes and Serra made him into an unbelievable champion.

His only two losses were avenged in brutal fashion.

What a stupid logic, not every fighter has the option of rematch. GSP lost in his prime against Hughes and Serra. /thread.

He's the GOAT 170. But he ran away from AS and Whittaker.

"I am contractually obligated to defend my title."

I'm still waiting
You can't be contractually obligated to defend a title. That's why champions are basically the few who can negotiate on a fight by fight basis.

Nor can you be obligated to move up to fight the champion in a division above you? That running from Anderson makes no sense unless you claim Anderson ducked Jones. And Jones from all HWs. Aldo ran from LW, etc,etc Also look at how much success Sonnen had against Anderson with only wrestling and then ask what a far better MMA wrestler would do to him. GSP wouldn't get triangled at the last second. At worst he 49-46 UD's Anderson. He also beat and finished Bisping which Anderson could not do.

Doesn’t matter how many fights you win. One hard hitter can ruin your career.

Look at Aldo. Dude would have wrecked Conor in a rematch.

Mcgregor stepped up

just saying
By that logic Frankie had to drop down to fight smaller guys. But the fact is Frankie is a BW who fought 2 divisions up from his natural weight class (based on what you can cut to although dehydration cuts are stupid)

McGregor is not a FW he is a LW who killed himself to make FW and would never have been able to do so without IV's. He didn't move up to WW either. He fought LWs at WW. A WW is someone who can't make LW without completely changing their body. McGregor looks the same at LW as he did at FW.

So you have to lose in order to be the goat? That doesn’t really add up either.

I think it absolutely is part of the process. You can tell alot by how a guy goes out. Look at Andy still fighting. That’s a fighter’s fighter.

By that logic Frankie had to drop down to fight smaller guys. But the fact is Frankie is a BW who fought 2 divisions up from his natural weight class (based on what you can cut to although dehydration cuts are stupid)

McGregor is not a FW he is a LW who killed himself to make FW and would never have been able to do so without IV's. He didn't move up to WW either. He fought LWs at WW. A WW is someone who can't make LW without completely changing their body. McGregor looks the same at LW as he did at FW.

he doesnt look the same as he did at FW

but I agree Frankie is a G... he’s been fighting people bigger than him his entire career. Come on.. that has to count for something. Not everything is measured in wins and losses you know?

It’s absolutely disrespectful to the real goats like aldo fedor silva and jones when you compare two guys who went out on top vs them

GSP's undefeated run @ MW is more impressive than Khabib's.
Khabib's legacy in MMA is this:

• Khabib never been knocked out
  • Never been rocked
  • Not once bleed in the octagon
  • Not one round where his opponent is the aggressor/ more dominant fighter, Khabib is the hammer and you are the nail
  • Most 10-8 round in UFC although only been fighting 13 times.
  • Don't use PED.
  • No oilgate/vaseline-gate, etc.
  • Never in any danger whatsoever inside the octagon.
  • No rule breaking bullshit.
  • Zero cheating and foul in the octagon.

The most dominant fighter in MMA by far, it is very very hard to replicate what Khabib had done inside the octagon.

Also most Russian/Ex-USSR countries fighters that Khabib fought before UFC are probably better grappler/sambo than during his UFC dominance.

Khabib is the best lightweight in the world since 2014/2015/2016 until his 2020 retirement, albeit with or without belt this is the fact.

The best MMA grappler of all time.

And according to Khabib he is not THE BEST OF ALL TIME (Best of GOATs), but just ONE OF THE BEST or AMONG THE BEST.

Nobody can deny his last performance against Gaethje, if anybody is having doubt you can just watched this again:

I think it absolutely is part of the process. You can tell alot by how a guy goes out. Look at Andy still fighting. That’s a fighter’s fighter.
I think there are admirable qualities in both approaches and you can’t really draw a hard line there. If you retire on top, some will complain that you ran away or were scared. If you fight until you lose, others will say you were never that good to begin with. As a fighter it’s a no-win situation.

As a counter example I’d give that of Nunes vs Ronda. Ronda went out the way you describe, so you’re telling me that if Nunes retired tomorrow then Rousey is the female goat? You just run into too many consistency problems if you try to make how a fighter goes out a hard metric. It has to be case by case.

I think there are admirable qualities in both approaches and you can’t really draw a hard line there. If you retire on top, some will complain that you ran away or were scared. If you fight until you lose, others will say you were never that good to begin with. As a fighter it’s a no-win situation.

As a counter example I’d give that of Nunes vs Ronda. Ronda went out the way you describe, so you’re telling me that if Nunes retired tomorrow then Rousey is the female goat? You just run into too many consistency problems if you try to make how a fighter goes out a hard metric. It has to be case by case.

Ronda was never on that level though. If Usman leaves now would you call him a GOAT?

Back