The Rise of Billie Eilish

Yeah and The Dark Knight is better than The Godfather.

Only one good song imo, Bad Guy was a catchy tune. Most of her music is trash though and I don't understand the hype and attention she gets. I guess it's the way she's marketed as an artsy music genius. Pretty much all mainstream music is trash now anyway, it's been getting progressively worse for a long time now.

Mixed feelings about Billie.
She has good songs. She can sing. Then again, she has songs that are the epitome of modern soulless cashgrabbing and hype industry, and her mumbling in some of them is annoying.

I get the feeling that if she tells her producer to go fuck himself in the ass she will either write a bunch of good stuff, or will join the 27 club, or both.
I don't think this is really a matter of record exec/producer interference. My personal suspicion is that her brother writes 90% of her music.

I dig her, she's got some great tracks.

Don't really have much else to add aside from that.

She’s ok. They didn’t need to nerf Lordes and kind of replace her, but that’s just old school me realizing there should be dozens of performers and bands to chose from..

She has a great voice. And she sets herself apart from the rest, during a time in popular music when everyone is deliberately trying to sound alike.

She really have a beautiful and natural singing voice that is effortless. I first heard about her in 2019, that time when a 'fling' of mine was telling me about her and she did a cover of this song and posted it on soundcloud. I wonder where she is now, lol. But I've grown to like this song.

Back