The Shield tv show

I finished watching it, pretty good solid overall

One thing at the end that I am nitpicking

Vic got paid 62K for his new job like it was a bump in pay

62k for an officer doesn't seem like a lot of money even for that time period 2008ish

Good show, unfortunately the last two seasons were weak.

tried watching it,lasted 2 and a half episodes, its not good.

it pretty nuts that kenny johnson is 57 years old.

Damn you guys talking about it again are hyping me up to watch it again. It’s been years since I last saw it but I remember how hard some of those scenes hit me.

Shane and that grenade. Whittaker’s character. And poor Ronnie.

This show is very entertaining but you are right about it getting kind of repetitive. That's why when I used to watch the show I would only view no more than 2 or 3 episodes per night. Like someguys said, it really pays off in the end. There are a lot shows that become very stale or have a really disappointing finale. That's not the case with the Shield.

Yeah I made it until like season 3 and then I got seriously burned out on the whole show. The aftermath of losing the money train stash was about as far as I made it.

Yeah I made it until like season 3 and then I got seriously burned out on the whole show. The aftermath of losing the money train stash was about as far as I made it.

Season 3 was my least favorite, but shit got real after that.

Just finished rewatching this. Such a great show with so many highs and lows. The last episode was a rough one! I’d definitely put this in the top 15 or so tv shows. Christ! Vic was such a unlikeable character. Some amazing actors made appearances

I finished watching it, pretty good solid overall

One thing at the end that I am nitpicking

Vic got paid 62K for his new job like it was a bump in pay

62k for an officer doesn't seem like a lot of money even for that time period 2008ish

I just looked up ICE pay and 62k is the high end for a starting position for a intelligence position

https://www.federallawenforcement.org/ice/ice-salary/

Not reading the thread for fear of spoilers but I've got through 4 seasons so far and I absolutely love it. It's a brilliant show, and Vic is a fantastic character.

Does it get better? I think it's one of the greatest TV shows of all-time, so I guess I can't answer that question in a way that really addresses your concerns. I think it's incomparably superior to the Wire myself, but to each their own.

Not reading the thread for fear of spoilers but I've got through 4 seasons so far and I absolutely love it. It's a brilliant show, and Vic is a fantastic character.
Yeah, that show used to stress me out so much when I was watching it. People would stop what they were doing at work, often, just to sit down and watch it. I worked 3rd shift and a health club for a while and mean and the janitorial staff would sometimes all be in front of the TV watching Mackey's expoits.

I watched it after The Wire and couldn't get into it. tapped out at season 2. The shows portrayal of street life was too corny for me

Yeah, that show used to stress me out so much when I was watching it. People would stop what they were doing at work, often, just to sit down and watch it. I worked 3rd shift and a health club for a while and mean and the janitorial staff would sometimes all be in front of the TV watching Mackey's expoits.
It follows a similar path to Sons of Anarchy where they're trying to bury a problem before another one presents itself but I really dig it. Didn't have a clue Meryl Streep was in it till I marathoned a few episodes last weekend. I wish they'd done a spin off, I'm going to be gutted when I finish it.

It follows a similar path to Sons of Anarchy where they're trying to bury a problem before another one presents itself but I really dig it. Didn't have a clue Meryl Streep was in it till I marathoned a few episodes last weekend. I wish they'd done a spin off, I'm going to be gutted when I finish it.
By Meryl Streep do you mean Glenn Close? I actually don't remember Streep in the show.

One of my favorite shows.
Vic was relatable in that he wanted to be the good guy. He went to extremes convinced this little bit over line was okay because it's for the greater good... yeah he did some horrible stuff, but the show did a good job showing how he got to that point. Michael Chiklis always conveyed his horror and outrage in equal measure with his convictions, love, and loyalty during the show's run. Up to the point, at the end, when he is changed man; an empty husk left with nothing.

And unlike most of you (sherdog in general) I watched a few episodes of The Wire, and wasn't impressed. Never got hooked.

And unlike most of you (sherdog in general) I watched a few episodes of The Wire, and wasn't impressed. Never got hooked.
Yeah, I didn't like what I saw of that show at all. But I loved The Shield.

Back