The Shield tv show

I get them confused too. Close really killed it in The Shield though. I actually wasted money buying Youtube episodes from that season.
Her first episode I really dug her. Excited to see how it all works out, it was obvious she was going to get the team back together again. There have been some weird moments though, like the old Captain rubbing himself off watching the rape video and matey boy strangling the cat, I'm still worried that he took that kitten home, hopefully it's a red herring and nothing happens :D

Her first episode I really dug her. Excited to see how it all works out, it was obvious she was going to get the team back together again. There have been some weird moments though, like the old Captain rubbing himself off watching the rape video and matey boy strangling the cat, I'm still worried that he took that kitten home, hopefully it's a red herring and nothing happens :D
Dutch and Asceveda both have some serious issues; they are like, the weirdest and yet most outwardly normal guys on the show. Well, I don't know if Asceveda is weird exactly, but he's definitely a whole different animal on the inside than outside.

There have been some weird moments though, like the old Captain rubbing himself off watching the rape video and matey boy strangling the cat, I'm still worried that he took that kitten home, hopefully it's a red herring and nothing happens :D
The scene with the cat was very impactful...disturbing to see a "normal" guy do that. And the Captain..
Dutch and Asceveda both have some serious issues; they are like, the weirdest and yet most outwardly normal guys on the show. Well, I don't know if Asceveda is weird exactly, but he's definitely a whole different animal on the inside than outside.
I think most of Asceveda's weirdness comes after he is accosted by that convict that get's the jump on him. So much going on in that show...

I was screaming bloody murder at his wife for her reaction after he told her about his 'ordeal'.
I liked The Wire but at times it felt like a bit of a slog, I find this more entertaining.

I have seen it twice (most recently, I just finished it on Wednesday. No joke).

It does get better. The last few seasons are especially good, and (@Peteyandjia) the finale is excellent.

Mackey is the man.
Billings is the GOAT.

I was screaming bloody murder at his wife for her reaction after he told her about his 'ordeal'.
I liked The Wire but at times it felt like a bit of a slog, I find this more entertaining.
Yeah, his wife's attitude sort of surprised me. She comes off as incredibly cold, but part of me wonders if she's just been hardened by the experience of being Mrs. Ascevada. Or shit, maybe she's part of why Ascevada's the ruthless climber he is.

His wife blaming him made me hate her.
Yeah, his wife's attitude sort of surprised me. She comes off as incredibly cold, but part of me wonders if she's just been hardened by the experience of being Mrs. Ascevada. Or shit, maybe she's part of why Ascevada's the ruthless climber he is.
I know it's purely fiction but I was outraged. One, he had to go through it, two, he was so ashamed that plucking up the courage to tell her must have been horrific. Yeah, I hated her too.
I don't like him, but aside from being married to the job and a bit shifty he appeared to be a good husband and father.

And unlike most of you (sherdog in general) I watched a few episodes of The Wire, and wasn't impressed. Never got hooked.
Me neither, can never get past the first 3 episodes of the second season. Slow as hell. Shield is kinetic action. I like that better. The characters are better too, too bad Vic didn't go up against Stringer Bell, only guy I even remotely liked on the wire.

Shield>>>>>>>>Wire

I watched The Shield’s original run. Really liked it then. If you want to watch another LA cop show give Bosch a look.
I loved Bosch too, but it is a very different show from The Shield. Not nearly the over-the-top action or personal drama.

I know it's purely fiction but I was outraged. One, he had to go through it, two, he was so ashamed that plucking up the courage to tell her must have been horrific. Yeah, I hated her too.
I don't like him, but aside from being married to the job and a bit shifty he appeared to be a good husband and father.
I have to admit, I actually don't remember the incident you guys are thinking of, I guess. I remember another related incident between them though, where she was very cold. I won't say too much about it though, cause I am guessing maybe you haven't seen it yet. She was cold, but it sounds like she was worse in this instance.

The other thing great was the Shield really pushed the envelope on what was on basic cable in the States at the time: near nudity, sex acts, gay sex, profanity and violence.

Now with HBO and streaming series, seeing an orgy following a decapitation is nothing new, but the Shield brought TVMA to a new level at the time.

Billings is the GOAT.

he was such a good guy for light relief I loved the few times he picked up the pace and was on the ball, calling things before dutch! I won’t spoil it but when he asks Dutch ‘tell me about the physiological profile of this guy’ and after Dutch repeats it is like ‘motherfucker ain’t that the exact guy sitting over there who’s helping you’

Dutch and Claudette ended up being the most morally straight and ‘likeable’ characters, I really found myself rooting for both with the exception of the cat! Could not stand ass is Vader or whatever tha hey ya guy called him. I agree with others though his wife reaction to him revealing his experience was harsh as fuck and I felt sorry for him there

I watched The Shield’s original run. Really liked it then. I haven’t gone back to it.

If you want to watch another LA cop show give Bosch a look.

i might give bosh a shot, keeps appearing in my recommendations.

Dutch and Claudette ended up being the most morally straight and ‘likeable’ characters, I really found myself rooting for both with the exception of the cat! Could not stand ass is Vader or whatever tha hey ya guy called him. I agree with others though his wife reaction to him revealing his experience was harsh as fuck and I felt sorry for him there
I feel like Lem had the biggest heart on the show, but one of his virtues--his sense of loyalty--ended up destroying him.

I think Dutch has a dark side to him, that manifested itself in a more obvious way with the cat but which is always simmering beneath the surface with him. I think he's tormented by his insecurities and obsessed with becoming a famous detective. I think the serial killer that embarrassed Dutch before Dutch turned things around on him probably had him pegged in a lot of ways, which is why Dutch broke down once he got home. I also think that, whether or not young kid later on was the budding serial killer Dutch believed him to be, Dutch wanted him to be one very, very badly, because of what it would mean to his career and to his ego to be able to say he nipped a potential Ted Bundy in the bud.

I'm not saying Dutch is a horrible guy, but I think he's definitely got a dark side to him. Plus, he blew it with Tina.

Back