The Shield tv show

I'm watching it for the first time. Its on HULU. I'm a couple episodes into season 3.

It starts off great. First episode got me hooked right away. It cools off pretty fast but I still liked season 1. Good characters.

I started getting bored with it by the end of season 2 though. I liked the whole storyline with the guy who got his face burned, I liked where all that was going then it ended suddenly out of nowhere in the middle of season 2, which was fine but it was like they had nowhere to go after that.

Season 3 and the show is pretty formulaic. You got the street level gang storylines which are pretty weak, then you got side stories with the detectives solving homicide cases. I'm getting bored with it. Its just not anywhere near the level of writing of The Wire.

Does it get better?

Yes it does. When you get to Season 5 its off the hook. Unfortunately, the last two seasons were meh....

Just finished watching the entirety of the series for the first time last night and I am blown away. Thats how you do a series finale. The Shield definitely goes down as one of the best TV shows Ive ever watched, up there with The Sopranos.

Also it has the best worst theme song ever that rivals face the pain

Just another DAAAAAAY
<{JustBleed}>

DAAAAAAAY

Just finished watching the entirety of the series for the first time last night and I am blown away. Thats how you do a series finale. The Shield definitely goes down as one of the best TV shows Ive ever watched, up there with The Sopranos.

Just another DAAAAAAY
<{JustBleed}>

DAAAAAAAY
Do you think Aceveda was responsible for killing the comic book guy from Outkast?

Do you think Aceveda was responsible for killing the comic book guy from Outkast?

I dont think so personally, that seems way too extreme for Aceveda. He was reckless toward the dude who made him suck his pipe but that was understandable.

YUP. He knew the comic book store guy had threats against him from the community and Aceveda pulled the security detail from Andre 3000's character.

Just another DAAAAAAY
<{JustBleed}>

DAAAAAAAY

The season finale imo was kind of a downer. Yeah it exposed Mackey as corrupt IN FRONT of the police department. That and he was a snitch who got his friend busted but saved his own ass. I was glad that his partner Shane killed himself but I wanted Tavon to be the one who killed him but oh well. Now Breaking Bad, that season finale was insane. Talk about tying up loose ends.

The season finale imo was kind of a downer. Yeah it exposed Mackey as corrupt IN FRONT of the police department. That and he was a snitch who got his friend busted but saved his own ass. I was glad that his partner Shane killed himself but I wanted Tavon to be the one who killed him but oh well. Now Breaking Bad, that season finale was insane. Talk about tying up loose ends.

That was the beauty of it.

Vic killed a brother Cop on the pilot to cover his ass...

Payment came due with interest by everyone knowing he snitched on his on guy...

That was the beauty of it.

Vic killed a brother Cop on the pilot to cover his ass...

Payment came due with interest by everyone knowing he snitched on his on guy...

Now, I would like to see what happened to Mackey a decade later. What Happened to Ronny in prison. Did Antoine get to him and kill him? Did the Armenian mob find Mackey or his family?How did Mackey's actions affect the police department.?

Why did you want Tayvon to be the one to kill him?

Now, I would like to see what happened to Mackey a decade later. What Happened to Ronny in prison. Did Antoine get to him and kill him? Did the Armenian mob find Mackey or his family?How did Mackey's actions affect the police department.?
The rumor is Vic Mackey became a truck driver and that his appearances in Sons of Anarchy were in fact Vic.

The rumor is Vic Mackey became a truck driver and that his appearances in Sons of Anarchy were in fact Vic.

Dunno, there was a scene in jail where the inmates were watching the "The Shield" on TV and Vic was there plain as day...

Then again One Niners and Biz Lats exist in the universe so...

Hard to explain Lem/Kozik.

Totally disagree. I think the finale was essentially perfect. Mackey got everything that was coming to him, on one hand, and yet, on the same token, in his final seconds on the show, you see that he is still defiant and unbroken. I thought it was some of the best TV ever filmed.

Shane is a bitch. Great show.

Dunno, there was a scene in jail where the inmates were watching the "The Shield" on TV and Vic was there plain as day...

Then again One Niners and Biz Lats exist in the universe so...

Hard to explain Lem/Kozik.
Yeah, in some ways it seems to be in the same universe, in others, not. Wasn't Dutch in the show too, as an FBI agent or something?

You know who doesn't get enough love for his work in the Shield?

Sicky Fingaz from Onyx playing Kern Little for a good chunk of the series.

Yeah, in some ways it seems to be in the same universe, in others, not. Wasn't Dutch in the show too, as an FBI agent or something?

Yes.

Off the top of my head (using their Shield Character names)

Vic
Shane
Ronnie
Lem
Aceveda
Claudette
Dutch
Margos the foot chopper

I want to say Billings too, but I don't recall off the top of my head.

Oh shit, Gemma from SoA was in two episodes of Shield too

Also quite a few minor character/guest star crossovers

Edit: fuckit here's a real list from IMDB

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls068280740/

Back