1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

The Trenches Ep. 46 Poll: Will Daniel Cormier take another fight after facing Stipe Miocic?

Discussion in 'The Trenches' started by jei, Aug 12, 2019.

?

Will Daniel Cormier take another fight after facing Stipe Miocic?

1. Yes, no matter what

34.3%
  2. Yes, but only if he wins

21.6%
  3. Yes, but only if he loses

14.7%
  4. No, Cormier is done

29.4%
  1. NorrisB Purple Belt

2. NorrisB Purple Belt

Man did I ever call that @SolarSeiko you still think he doesnt have cardio issues? He didn't gas wear down whatever you wanna call it in that last round?

3. JayPettryMMA Danger Zone Aficionado Staff Member Sherdog.com Staff

We want your thoughts on this question now, in light of the results from UFC 241.

4. SolarSeiko Purple Belt

No, he didn't. Stipe dug liver hooks in and then went up top and caught DC in the head with massive shots. DC was lighting up Stipe for multiple rounds and just stupidly stopped wrestling, I'm shocked DC didn't listen to Bob Cook and fought a very very stupid fight.

5. Redmondo Yellow Belt

That's the only reason I see DC coming back for the trilogy fight, if it's on offer. He is a loyal guy and I don't think he would like to leave his team after that performance where he was clearly winning but not listening to his corners advice

I'm not a massive DC fan but I think he should run it back against Stipe if possible. He's too good of a fighter to go out on that note

6. SolarSeiko Purple Belt

I'm so on the fence about DC now. I thought that guy had maybe the 2nd highest fight IQ in the company with Jon being #1. DC's performance was great for someone who clearly didn't follow his coaches game plan. I probably won't root for anyone if a trilogy happens, Daniel will be 41 - 42 by the time it happens.