The Trenches, Episode 14: Sherdog Live Chat (Thursdays at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT)

Should Jon Jones submit to additional VADA testing?

• Total voters
That Rockhold is one marketable fella.

I get the first question and the last question and the biggest question.

Fourth man indeed

<DC-Champ>

Appreciate the answer guys. And I agree. Luke needs to move up.

EepxsRd.jpg

"So you AGREE with me!"

I'm cracking up.

Dana shuts down the WW division because he's angry with another black champion:D

Honestly, Wonderboy is probably still Woodley's hardest challenger.

Jones needs to, "Part the Red Sea", and walk around with a dialysis machine to prove his innocence.

My biggest threats for the champs:

BW Dillashaw: Marlon Moraes
FW Holloway: Max Holloway (yeah)
LW Khabib: Tony Ferguson
WW Woodley: Kamaru Usman
MW Whittaker: Israel Adesanya

I wonder how hittable Izzy is against a sophisticated, high-output striker like Whittaker.

Again, honestly, Romero might be the hardest challanger

This was a great show, probably one of my favorites to date. Thank you to everyone who submitted questions, the Ask Ant column may be coming this weekend, TBA on that one. If and when it comes out, I'll be sure to notify you.

Be sure to tune in next week, Ant will be live in Vegas at UFC 232 so he'll have plenty to talk about after the press conference.

For me...

BW: Marlos
FW: Volkanovski/Mendes (for the stylistic match-up that Max hasn't been tested against)
LW: Ferg (though the hardest match-up stylistically might be Teymur. A rangy-striker who excells at fighting backwards and has a sick sprawl if you try to grab his limbs)
WW: Time (and Wonderboy. Santiago's TDD seems to untested)
MW: Izzy

If PEDs never helps, then no one would take them. That's why people take them.
You completely missed the point.

PEDs help with recovery, strength, endurance, fat loss, muscle gain, and speed.

My question is - do the obvious physical benefits translate to skill benefits in striking and grappling techniques.

Now you're thinking - yeah, strength and conditioning, but I'm more thinking - can they learn to punch better? Is there a coordination benefit? Does it negatively impact finesse techniques? Etc.

My question is - do the obvious physical benefits translate to skill benefits in striking and grappling techniques.

Now you're thinking - yeah, strength and conditioning, but I'm more thinking - can they learn to punch better? Is there a coordination benefit? Does it negatively impact finesse techniques? Etc.
They can make your punches and kicks more effective if landed. How is it that Jon "Chicken Legs" Jones can rock and hurt DC badly with a kick when DC has been punched and kicked by bigger men and not be staggered.

Obviously Jones has skill but PEDs takes his skill to another level. I can take all the PEDs in the world and still can't hit more home runs that Barry Bonds. PEDs don't guarantee success but it sure as hell helps the already talented athlete.

You need to train technique for it to become/remain sharp.

When you're on PEDs you have much more energy. That means you can train harder/longer so that your technique becomes better.

Not to mention the explosiveness/speed/athleticism you develop as well. Which helps in certain techniqual matters.

I wonder how hittable Izzy is against a sophisticated, high-output striker like Whittaker.

Again, honestly, Romero might be the hardest challanger

And Romero's hardest challenge of course is the scale.

BW Dillashaw: Cruz
FW Holloway: Edgar(I dont really there is anyone really a threat for max there)
LW Khabib: Tony
WW Colby: Woodley maybe
MW Whittaker: Romero still
LHW DC(Still not stripped): Jones
HW DC: Stipe even though DC kod him . If we can invent a time machine to bring Werdum from the cain time in the present day i think he should be a terrible matchup for DC.

Back