The Trenches, Episode 15: Sherdog Live Chat (LIVE Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT)

Who is at fault for the UFC 232 debacle that moved the event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. They also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with today's poll question asking the following:

Who is at fault for the UFC 232 debacle that moved the event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles? Jon Jones? The UFC? USADA? The Athletic Commissions? Or everyone?

Chime in on the conversation by voting in our poll or posting any questions you have for them.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in the article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in an upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum every Thursday. Below are links to previous episodes of that series as well as his previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches, Episode 14
The Trenches, Episode 13
The Trenches, Episode 12
The Trenches, Episode 11
The Trenches, Episode 10
The Trenches, Episode 9

The Trenches, Episode 8
The Trenches, Episode 7
The Trenches, Episode 6

The Trenches, Episode 5
The Trenches, Episode 4
The Trenches, Episode 3
The Trenches, Episode 2
The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Ask Ant 12/14
Ask Ant 12/7
Ask Ant 11/30
Ask Ant 11/16
Ask Ant 11/9
Ask Ant 11/2: UFC 230 Edition
Ask Ant 10/26: MMA Trade Edition
Ask Ant 10/19
Ask Ant 10/12

Ask Ant 10/5
Ask Ant 9/27
Ask Ant 9/21

Ask Ant 9/14

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Last edited:
Why do you list your combat sports resume as if it has any bearing on your ability as a journalist?

Did you have any pro fights?

Do you think people who have been hit in the head a lot would be reasonably calculated to be better or worse writers than people who have not?

Which, if any, Pulitzer Prize winning authors of the past have a history in combat sports?

Why does this post talk about you a lot but not talk about combat sports or the different material you've covered, other than a data dump at the end?

How do I get the mods to allow me to pimp my side hustles on Sherdog?

There, I'm giving you your desired free advertising.

Why do you think Jeff Novitzky and Dana White commented that the amount of metabolite of tbol found in Jon Jones's piss is 'a very, very small amount' and 'doesn't affect his performance' when it was pretty much the same amount found in a failed test in 2017?

Why do you think WADA states the turinabol metabolite detection window is up to several months. yet USADA (and the UFC) claim they can detect it after more than a year?

If your avatar is an example of one of your ''side hustles'' the mods have very good reason not to allow it..

There, I'm giving you your desired free advertising.
As much as we appreciate the questions, this is an article series specifically based on discussion and interaction with the forum itself. The Trenches was also created as an avenue between the main page and the forum.

If your avatar is an example of one of your ''side hustles'' the mods have very good reason not to allow it..
That woman's work is more famous than that of anyone on Sherdog's! Prove me wrong.

What the most dangerous weapon in MMA today? Do you see it working on nearly every fighter if all fighters in the UFC weighed the same?

Is this the biggest scandal in MMA history?

Never thought I'd say that so soon after the Khabib-Conor debacle

Our poll question of the week is up, so feel free to vote and also jump in on the conversation. If you ask a combat sports question, it may make it on the broadcast tonight.

Khabib jumps into the crowd. Jones not to be out done says "hold my nose beer"

Read thread title a little too quick and thought it said turinabol instead of trenches poll.

Jones of course is the first at fault, because if he didn't keep testing positive, we'd have nothing to even discuss regarding this issue. UFC are his co-enablers though, and they have 100% shafted both the fighters and the fans to skirt around Jons dirty tests.

Last edited:
This ones easy.....4) Foster 3) Novitsky 2) Dana....and coming in at numero uno is Jon "boner pills" Jones.

NSAC

I don't know why that's not a poll option

Read thread title a little too quick and thought it said turinabol instead of trenches poll.
The Turinapoll, brought to you by Sherdog and co-sponsored by Malki Kawa.

Jon Jones should've been banned for life from this "sport" two years ago. The UFC deserves this humiliation.

NSAC is responsible for the “debacle”, UFC and CSAC are trying to fix it. Not fair to lump the two commissions together in the poll.

NSAC is responsible for the “debacle”, UFC and CSAC are trying to fix it. Not fair to lump the two commissions together in the poll.
Ok, now we have six options in the poll.

Hello Ant i appreciate you answering our questions
First of all what do you think about Tyron Woodley constantly declining to fight Colby Covington ?
Do you think Dana alongside Jon and his team should refund fans in some way ?

Back