The Trenches, Episode 16 Poll: What is the best fight the UFC could put on in 2019?

What is the best fight the UFC could potentially book in 2019?

• Amanda Nunes vs. Cris Cyborg 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jones vs Smith? Really? Aint no one got time for that. You can throw in Corey and Santos into that mix. Let Jones fight Rockhold or DC or move up. Screw these weak fights for juicehead

Ant Walker vs Jason Burgos imo.
I can confirm we are actively trying to set up that fight on UFC 3. When it's more concrete, we'll make a thing out of it.

I can confirm we are actively trying to set up that fight on UFC 3. When it's more concrete, we'll make a thing out of it.

Result. Gonna be on the virtual betting? Gonna have to back Burgos on this one.

Conor vs Nate 3

for the 165lb title.

Sherdog Main Page writer Ant Walker wants your questions for his weekly column titled 'Ask Ant,' where he will gladly answer any and all combat sports questions you may have.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in the article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in an upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum every Thursday. Below are links to previous episodes of that series as well as his previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches Episodes:

Ask Ant Articles:

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.
Where is whittaker adesnaya?

Where is whittaker adesnaya?
It'd be one heck of a fight, but we didn't put it up there because both fighters have to win for that to happen (whittaker against gastelum, adesanya against silva). The ones listed are all open/possible matchups that can just be made without anything getting in the way.

Tony/Khabib has 125 votes at last count. The other TEN FIGHTS COMBINED have 45 votes.

Yet amazingly we had a very vocal contingent of Khabib fans here recently saying how Tony was "ducking" Al Iaquinta LMAO and that he shouldn't wait for Khabib's suspension to even be announced. Wonder what they were afraid of?

upload_2019-1-3_18-31-43.jpeg

Maybe they tricked us by denying Ferg v Khabib so many times, but I really want to see that
I'd love to see Yoel vs DC at 205
Jones vs Overeem

Hearing what Ant has to say about the events he covers is always interesting to me.

The Ant Walker fan club is alive!

So should we get Jon Jones with a goatee, a la evil mirror version?

The Ant Walker fan club is alive!

Yeah but if he's going to make a heel-turn and start calling himself the IRS or the Taxman that club will vanish amidst hatred pretty quickly:D

jon jones needs to get called out for not going to heavy weight to fight comier since dc
came down to light weight for jj

Jon Jones just need to be called out for the roids.

Question: Is Jon Jones even self-aware enough to play a heel-role?

I still don't know why people want to see Lesnar fight again. It's like Nick Diaz...just why?

*Wu-Tang bow in Jason and Ant's direction

Nah, that story is turinaboloney.

Back