The Trenches, Episode 20 Poll: Did NSAC do the right thing issuing Jon Jones a license for UFC 235?

Did the NSAC do the right thing in issuing a temp license to Jon Jones so he could fight at UFC 235?

• Total voters
I'm glad they're discussing the NSAC saying they are going to monitor and punish fighters for saying mean things.

Next thing you know you all will be making online petitions like this was reddit.com/r/MMA

Thats why I come here is for the shitposts and lack of crybaby pussies

So... are Ant and Jason ignorant of Connor clubbing Khabib's teammate as he was climbing the cage?

The "Jon Jones hiding under the cage for hours" story is one of my favorite urban legends in the sport.

are you going to trust the opinion of sherdog bros or the head of the WADA lab who is a trained medical doctor and said jones was innocent???

lol too many flat earther sherbros denying sience here

JW Kiser is a saint!

A one-shot kill submission artist. Interesting.

I just want to see good fights.
Its always been entertainment first. Sport second.

People get 2 year suspension for testing positive while Khabib goes full retard and jump out of the cage and attacks someone
and only gets 6 months.

My straight opinion is he shouldn’t be allowed to fight until he is completely clean.

If we follow the entire situation from the beginning he is pretty much escaping by using a loop hole .

It took one year to his lawyers to come with a reason why he was popping for Turinabol.
An year he didn’t got tested at all.

And how the steroid got into his system is a mystery not even the Scooby Doo gang could solve.

The entire “snitch “deal is also ridiculous to the point that Jones himself said he had no part in it.

So we have a fighter with a story for getting caught testing positive for different prohibited substances at least twice walking around WITH prohibited substances in his system being allowed to compete because the numbers indicate that what he have LEFT of the steroid in his body has no beneficial effect on him.

And somehow someone with a background like Jones receives the benefit of doubt by an “external adjudication “ and later by the ACs.

To me is pretty clear that USADA,to avoid future problems,washed their hands by leaving the situation on the hands of an external arbitration.
And the same happened with the NASC leaving the bomb to California to decide.

MY QUESTIONs Are.

If You were a LHW in the UFC roster and got offered a fight with Jones what would you do?

And if you were DC what would you do?

Because here we have a individual thats is clearly balling the system holding the LHW belt and,in DCs case,the only defeats in his record.

No, but I'm glad they did. I want to watch Jones fight. But they are making a mockery of the anti PED system.

Khabib was suspended for 9 months with a $500k fine which can be reduced to 6 months if he stars in an anti-bullying campaign. Conor was suspended for 6 months with a $50k fine.

Any questions on this?
It matters not now. Nurmagomedov refuses to fight until the end of the suspensions of his teamates, which will be in November.

Ban that cheating dog got 50 years!

NSAC absolutely did the right thing. The anti-Jones squad conflated the hell out of the issue and thought this was a disciplinary hearing when it was just a license hearing with additional explanation of drug-testing circumstances. A suspension was never on the table.

NSAC, having never dealt with this situation before, rightfully decided to use Jon to make new procedures and protocol so they can adequately deal with this in the future. Or they were paid-off by Dana just like USADA, VADA, WADA, CSAC, Andy Foster, and every scientist whose opinion was cited. <Lmaoo>

I voted NO. They were right not to let him fight Gus, but that goodwill is undone by letting him fight 4 months later, without any real investigation, pulsing pukograms and all.

Adding the revenue he’ll bring in to the $500K+ they ransacked from Khabib, this is shaping up to be a good year for NSAC. Business as usual.

"I'd rather not see Jones fight, cause I'm a ******"

-People who voted no.

Not that it had much or any trust before, but this whole shitshow has killed any credibility for USADA and commission testing process. They could say they test Jones every day, but who would trust it?

Literally opened thread to say "hell no" but it was in the poll. Well done.

HELL NO!!!
Either he is clean or he is not. If it's clean, a temporary license is not something to talk about. And that's the big bullshit!
USADA and (in parts) the AC's show more and more each day how worthless these organizations are when it comes to getting a clean sport.
As a long time fan of MMA, my primary concern is to see the best fighters compete against each other. The whole stupid circus around it interests me only marginally. But if someone takes PED's and his opponent, it may be possible, does not take PED's, is that still clean then? Is it that what I want? The same as my poll vote: HELL NO!!!
I do not care if it is a small drop in the vast ocean in comparison: he cheated! And as a result, actually only NO license can stand. Actually.

USADA and the AC´s make me >>>>>>> <{natewhut}>

* Is bad blood brewing between the Nevada State Commission and the UFC? First the Jon Jones steroid debacle, and now the McGregor-Khabib fallout which seems to have left everyone angry. Do you think this quarrel will escalate and have genuine consequences for the UFC's business in Nevada -- or will the almighty dollar triumph supreme?

* Recently, the NSAC has announced that they want to suspend and fine fighters over pre-fight trash-talk because of the McGregor-Khabib debacle. Do you think this is good or bad for the sport? I must say, the UFC seemed really gleeful that their rivalry almost spiralled into ethnic warfare.

Oh, there is at least one guy who is really thankful to NSAC..........some rich guy from Ireland.....

there is actually a debate over this?

Back