The Trenches, Episode 21 Poll: Does Adesanya Deserve a Title Shot if He Beats Silva at UFC 234?

Does Israel Adesanya deserve a title shot if he beats Anderson Silva this weekend at UFC 234?

• Total voters
Thats stupid. The UFC should give extra bonuses getting a finish in championship fights. Make it worth while so the champs would like to keep fighting more often instead of ducking all the top contenders (bisping).
All fights, not just champs. Most of them are training to go to decision instead of training to get and prove how much better they are asap. They are getting too comfortable point fighting and both raising hands when its over, they only pretend to give it all when they lose.

Adesanya is the best fighter at MW. Why hold him back for "deserving" a shot?
He beat #8 Tavares, #6 Brunson and is facing #15 Silva. Some people are concerned that he hasn't faced current top flight competition in the division, namely the Romeros, Rockholds, Jacares or Weidmans of the division.

I thought Romero & Rockhold were at 205 now? If so I think the winner of Israel/ Anderson will likely be next, especially if its a spectacular finish.

However as a curveball, if Kelvin wins I can see his first defence being a rematch, but not with Rob instead a title vs. title superfight with Woodley.

Anderson is an unranked fighter so no.

He beat #8 Tavares, #6 Brunson and is facing #15 Silva. Some people are concerned that he hasn't faced current top flight competition in the division, namely the Romeros, Rockholds, Jacares or Weidmans of the division.
Lol...the "Romeros, Rockholds, Jacares, or Weidmans" you say it as if those guys aren't single fighters and one of a kind. Like there is only 1 Yoel Romero. Let's just say we go along with this theory though. After UFC 234, the winner of Whittaker vs Gastelum will need an opponent, why delay that any further by making Israel fight again assuming he'll be ready. Like if they were to make Adesanya vs Souza after 234 that puts the champion on the shelf for a while, and the winner for the #1 contendership could get injured then.

Another question for you, who in the top 5 @middleweight is jumping at the chance to fight Adesanya???? I'll wait....
Jacare tried to dismiss him, Costa tried to do the same. Rockhold is jumping the division. Israel is hot right now yet no one is calling him out. I wonder why.

people already forgetting that Marlon split decisioned John Dodson

We are debuting a new feature called LIVE THREADS, starting in this thread. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will not longer have to update the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

Faber managed to submit Ascunsao in WEC

So many terrific fights would await Aldo at LW, I wish he'd just pull the trigger and move up already.

So many terrific fights would await Aldo at LW, I wish he'd just pull the trigger and move up already.
bad move. too small. FW belt will be there for him if he sticks to that division

bad move. too small. FW belt will be there for him if he sticks to that division
If he only has two fights left, then yeah, beat Volkanovski or Ortega, and the final title shot for some reason.

Didn't vote. Needs a few more options:
Yes - If he gets the TKO/Sub
No - If he gets the decision win.

Dana tends to go this path with how people normally get title shots, usually.

On this episode of: "Americans try Geography":D

I got a serious kick out of that. Gave him a new nickname too, "Detroit" David Teymur.

David "Detroit Underwear" Teymur

If anyone encounters any issues from the Live Thread feature, please let me know. This is the first time we have implemented it to date.

I can't imagine what european UFC fans must go through to watch every event live.

Obviously he does not deserve it.
Silva is a name nowadays, not a top 5 contender.

Adesanya is miles behind Jacare, who is the top contender.
Beating Silva should NOT move him ahead of Jacare.

Beating #15 doesn't entitle you to a title shot.

Back