The Trenches, Episode 29 Poll: Conor and Khabib, did they go too far in their Twitter beef?

Conor and Khabib, did they go too far in their Twitter beef?

• Total voters
Now that the show is live, join in on the discussion by posting in the Youtube Chat, where you will be able to interact with the hosts during the show.

i dont think either went too far.

ufc should not have got involved either. they are two grown men who can take care of their own business.

its just a game of tit for tat really..

That's a heck of a question, what the most exciting fight the UFC could make involving Justin Gaethje and another fighter.

lamo, I just said that because I thought Ant liked Branch a lot and considered him underrated... not because he's athletic and explossive<45>

Hey guys just tuned in how bout give Jack H. some credit for the win?

is that possible. smfh

Just some cultural background info. Khabib's wife wasn't wearing an Islamic veil. It was a piece of cloth. It's a tradition among his people. It goes back to when cloth was a valuable commodity (gift)

Or at least what was what some guy from the Caucasus told me

I don’t think it matters but folks will use excuses to be violent. Call his wife a towel and he will call the other guy a drunk rapist. It’s just Twitter

Cannot believe the majority of people are voting "Conor went too far"

idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg

Neither went to far. I don't see anything overboard with what either said.

Khabib is a devote follower of a religion that forces women to cover themselves and allows for husband's to beat their wives if they're naughty. I don't see a problem with bringing to light a situation like this... The more people know, the better .

Connor is an alleged rapist who denies having a child with a woman while there is clearly photo evidence that they were together. It's essentially undeniable at this point he's unfaithful to his wife. However, I'm not as familiar with Conor's situation and innocent until proven guilty is an important part of a legal system so if anyone came close to crossing the line, itd have to be khabib.

Conor tried to hit below the belt talking about someone's family. Khabib spoke to him direct like a man.

These ppl are fighters there is no too far words are not as loud as actions and if these ppl are beating the fuk out of eachother no one is in the right who the fuk cares

The UFC is a grade A circus. And I barely care anymore. So I certainly don’t care about children flaming eachother online. They can both fuck off for all I care.
Echoing my feelings precisely.
I’d love to see UFC become a sport.

i laughed she did look like a towel :\ keep running from a rematch you bum khabib

1. NBA and NFL fines are retarded why aren’t players allowed to show emotion. The money just goes back into the hands of the NBA which they obviously don’t fucking need. If they really cared that money would go to scholarships or programs to help the less fortunate
2. Freedom of speech is a thing in the US, they shouldn’t be allowed to stop any athlete from expressing themselves even if it is negatively, if athletes lose sponsors and popularity then that’s their choice fining them doesn’t do shit besides cause frustration
3. It’s fucking Twitter man, you don’t like someone mentioning you? BLOCK THEM instead Khabib eats it up because he loves the Conor money.

I’m not against Khabib attacking Danis honestly he’s a stupid fuck with glass confidence probably said something worth getting hit for. And Masdival wasn’t fined for piecing up León because Dana admitted the security was shit and should have done their job. IF the fans aren’t physically hurt then who cares about the shittalk it’s the business!

I just pushed Peter Griffin's quote past "Conor went too far" by one.

I feel the power.

NOTE
: We are implementing a new feature called LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will no longer have to refresh the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.

We also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with this week's poll question asking the following:

Conor and Khabib, did they go too far in their Twitter beef?

Chime in on the conversation by voting in our poll or posting any fight questions you have.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

The Trenches Episodes:
The Trenches, Episode 28: Mexican Wrestling Cain
The Trenches, Episode 27: 3 Piece and Soda
The Trenches, Episode 26: Conor McGregor vs. The Phone
The Trenches, Episode 25: BJ Penn's Legacy
The Trenches, Episode 24: UFC 235
The Trenches, Episode 23: The Retirement of GSP
The Trenches, Episode 22: UFC vs. Bellator Doubleheader
The Trenches, Episode 21: Adesanya vs. Silva
The Trenches, Episode 20: The Licensing of Jon Jones
The Trenches, Episode 19: The NSAC Hearings
The Trenches, Episode 18: UFC Brooklyn
The Trenches, Episode 17: Welterweights and Title Shots
The Trenches, Episode 16: Looking Ahead in 2019
The Trenches, Episode 15: The UFC 232 Debacle
The Trenches, Episode 14: UFC returns to Milwaukee
The Trenches, Episode 13: The GOAT Featherweight
The Trenches, Episode 12: Greg Hardy and Rachael Ostovich
The Trenches, Episode 11: Anderson Silva vs. The Next Anderson Silva
The Trenches, Episode 10: Golden Boy MMA
The Trenches, Episode 9: What's next for Conor?
The Trenches, Episode 8: The death of the Flyweight division
The Trenches, Episode 7: Cormier defends against Lewis
The Trenches, Episode 6: The Trade
The Trenches, Episode 5: Eddie Leaves the UFC
The Trenches, Episode 4: UFC 229 Brawl
The Trenches, Episode 3: Leading up to UFC 229
The Trenches, Episode 2: The Rise of Gegard Mousasi
The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Ask Ant Articles:

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

What on Earth would cause you to include Khabib in the going too far storyline???

The degenerate Irishman is in meltdown all over the globe.

They are entertainers. They should be able to say whatever they want to.

Back