The Trenches, Episode 6: Sherdog Live Chat (Every Thursday at 8PM ET/5 PM PT)

Who is the more valuable commodity for a fight promotion? Demetrious Johnson or Ben Askren

• Total voters
The Commissions secret agents are kidnapping Ant!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I gotta say, they're really getting in the groove with these shows, comical light issues notwithstanding. It flows well, they have great chemistry, and the questions y'all are asking are solid questions to drive the conversation. Thank you for that, really.

Also, I assume that Dana and the UFC granted this trade because Mighty Mo requested it, since I saw that Hume was the vice president of ONE, and Demetrious has always delivered for the promotion as a faithful employee, but what does Demetrious get out of it? I'm shocked he wouldn't opt for the rematch with Cejudo considering a split decision loss after a reign that long. Is he trying to build his fanbase overseas before a return to the UFC? Does he intend to stay there until his retirement? Why would Dana say yes?

Is this a signal that Dana is weighing the thought of abandoning the Flyweight division? That is hasn't proven a good business move? What the hell is going on? I don't understand this trade at all.
Well, I'd say that Ant (and Jason) nailed the holy shit out of this question. Bullseye. Much props.
Report: UFC will dissolve men’s flyweight division, likely by end of 2018

Timestamped for those who missed the episode:

Back