The UFC is overhyping Burns to lowball the likes of Masvidal and other elite WWs

Has Burns done enough to deserve to a title shot?

• Total voters
Nate Diaz has been holding out for big pay fights for a while now.
You never know with Nate. After the Conor-fight he said he was gonna hold out for a huge fight, but still ended up accepted the Pettis-fight, which I can't imagine he got that much for.
the fact is that Ali and Usman are not even agreeing to a fight with Masvidal - Mas, who's one of the hottest fighters in the UFC. That fight in Nate was huge.

If the duo are not even agreeing to a certain price to fight one of the top guys in MMA right now, do you think they will agree for less to fight some relatively unknown guy?
Frankly - yes.

With a top name opponent which will generate more money for the UFC they have more leverage and can negotiate harder, because there's more potential money to gain.
With a smaller name they'd get less leverage and might figure they'd have to settle for less.

Last edited:
Askerin had 13 losses ? Must have happened in High School. Google search knows everything.

Masvidal has an MMA record of 35-13.

Ben Askren has an MMA record of 19-2 and 1 No Contest.

However, that part in your message about Google makes me think that you're being facetious.

Burns just beat Woodley worse than the current champ did and prior to that he KO’d Maia who even at his old age is pretty damn tough to finish.

he’s not overhyped. He’s a legit contender.

Just throw them all out there in the mix... shake it up & see who emerges next. You gotta start press for Burns as early as possible & this is a perfect time to get it rolling. he probably needs another big win or 2, but the way things ebb & flow he could make the jump at any time after beating the ex-champ so decisively. he seems like a night mare fight for usman though, so his manager might try & shield Usman from him.

Masvidal?

lol

Let me get this straight.

Conor gets chit for fighting Nate and Cerrone but Masvidal is some how a great fighter for beating Nate and Askren?

again...lol

Are you serious?

Masvidal smashed Till, who was coming off a title shot.

Masvidal smashed Askren, who was undefeated and just beat former champ Robbie Lawler

Masvidal smashed Nate, who just split fights with Conor McGregor and beat Pettis

Till is an underdevelouped fighter far from hitting i hes peak, who got rushed because hes sellable for the fans..

Askern was over hes peak, trying to get an UFC championship with a lot of undisclosed injurys caused by years of being an athelete.

Nate is a top 10 fighter, not a top 3 fighter...

Pettis is/was a top 10 fighter not a top 3 fighter

That isn't overhyping lol, he's the real deal.

But yes, he'll be used to lowball the pricey dudes

He was number six and just beat number 1. Maia is a one dimensional crappy fighter with 1 round of cardio and tyquill is pretty much a glorified punching bag that throws 1 punch per minute.

However their ranks are their ranks. If they don't want to give Colby a rematch the only other options are gilbert, Edwards and Wonderboy.

And how many top 10 wins does Masvidal have? Masvidal is a BMF fighter, I don’t think he’ll ever manage to fight his way to a legitimate title shot. WW is a bit messy right now but it’s good - there are plenty of good fights to make and either Burns or Colby should fight Usman next while Edwards and Masvidal fight for a potential #1 contender fight (or the winner fights Burns or Colby for next in line to fight the champ).

Overhyping Burns..?

Masvidal in his last 3 fights has beaten.. Till, Askren, Diaz.

Burns has beaten Nelson, Maia, Woodley..

You could easily argue that Burns has the better streak..?
Agreed. Also Burns would end Jorge's hype train

have you seen the amount of losses on Masvidal and Diaz records?

damn hooker ate that shot and put him out. I really didn’t care for hooker in the past but he definitely is making me think he can run for the title. I think Khabib mauls him but his length will be tough to get in on.

He was number six and just beat number 1. Maia is a one dimensional crappy fighter with 1 round of cardio and tyquill is pretty much a glorified punching bag that throws 1 punch per minute.

However their ranks are their ranks. If they don't want to give Colby a rematch the only other options are gilbert, Edwards and Wonderboy.
That “one dimensional crappy fighter” has a win over this supposed badass Masvidal lol

That “one dimensional crappy fighter” has a win over this supposed badass Masvidal lol
I know right? all smoke and mirrors

Be real though maia looks decent in fights like the condit fight where he gets it done early, but in any fight that last longer than two rounds he looks AWFUL like absolutely atrocious. the laflare fight, the shields fight, the woodley fight, the burns fight, the colby fight. he just gasses and goes for the most desperate takedown attempts that have ZERO chance of effectively getting someone down. look at the woodley fight Woodley gets to say he has the highest tdd in the division soley because of that fight.

Colby - just lost, no rematch deserved
Woodley - he's out of the title picture
Masvidal - Beat Askren and Diaz + whining about money
Burns - good win streak, just beat Woodley
Edwards - good win streak, not as good as Burns' imo

It's obviously Burns and -maybe- Edwards. There are no other options.

I know right? all smoke and mirrors

Be real though maia looks decent in fights like the condit fight where he gets it done early, but in any fight that last longer than two rounds he looks AWFUL like absolutely atrocious. the laflare fight, the shields fight, the woodley fight, the burns fight, the colby fight. he just gasses and goes for the most desperate takedown attempts that have ZERO chance of effectively getting someone down. look at the woodley fight Woodley gets to say he has the highest tdd in the division soley because of that fight.
I don’t think much of Maia, so I agree. I think even less of Masvidal, who’s apparently some unbeatable killer now, despite not fighting anyone worth a damn.

I don’t think much of Maia, so I agree. I think even less of Masvidal, who’s apparently some unbeatable killer now, despite not fighting anyone worth a damn.
I too am not high on Masvidal, The askren win was nice though. stylistically askren is a bad match up for him however i think askren a very overrated bum too.

Masvidal is a flash in the pan imo. he loses to any top 5 guy at LW or WW.

I too am not high on Masvidal, The askren win was nice though. stylistically askren is a bad match up for him however i think askren a very overrated bum too.

Masvidal is a flash in the pan imo. he loses to any top 5 guy at LW or WW.
Obviously, it’s proven time and time again that Masvidal isn’t elite. I originally thought the Askren win was a good feather in Jorge’s cap, unfortunately we all know how awful of a fighter Askren actually is. So that flying knee wasn’t some elite win, still a nice finish though.

Back