Crime The violence recently directed at Asian Americans

I know you are an officer of the law, but sometimes it's better to let the community deal with stuff. Like when a woman won't press charges against her abusive boyfriend, so the brothers take him to the dentist.
Maybe I'm being too jingoist but I don't like the idea of foreigners coming here and beating on crazy homeless people even if they are assholes. They're homeless, they're probably mentally ill so as long as they're not hurting you or impeding you in anyway then you should leave them alone.

Maybe I'm being too jingoist but I don't like the idea of foreigners coming here and beating on crazy homeless people even if they are assholes. They're homeless, they're probably mentally ill so as long as they're not hurting you or impeding you in anyway then you should leave them alone.

Not everyone in Queens is a foreigner.

Plus the dude obviously understood the guy which means he learned English, could have easily been American. Lots of children from migrants and migrants who have become American citizens.

I agree though, violence isn't the answer. I think sometimes the best answer is to approach someone and have them tell why they have those feelings and try to understand the hurt they're going through. Maybe this dude's life went to shit and blames them for bringing the virus.

I also understand the guy who punched him though, he watches a lot of media and attacks on Asians and he is probably on edge a lot. This whole situation sucks.

You're an idiot. This has nothing to do with Trump. It's been going on for years in the black community.
True. There was a news story that got a little circulation and then disappeared. Back in 1992, in the aftermath of the Rodney King riots, there was a news story about Asian/Asian-American owned businesses being specifically targeted during the riots. There was some news stories examining the dynamic of these two groups in LA and other urban areas, and then zip, the whole conversation evaporated.

Not everyone in Queens is a foreigner.

Plus the dude obviously understood the guy which means he learned English, could have easily been American. Lots of children from migrants and migrants who have become American citizens.

I agree though, violence isn't the answer. I think sometimes the best answer is to approach someone and have them tell why they have those feelings and try to understand the hurt they're going through. Maybe this dude's life went to shit and blames them for bringing the virus.

I also understand the guy who punched him though, he watches a lot of media and attacks on Asians and he is probably on edge a lot. This whole situation sucks.
Its been a while since I saw it but I remember it looking like a group of tourists.

I wonder how Asians feel about being used as the flavor of the month, and as soon as people started realizing it's mostly black men attacking Asians and not "white supremacists", national media just forgets the topic and goes back to gun bans and global warming. There was a bit of a scramble to claim black on Asian assaults is still white people's fault, but everyone recognizes that's preposterous, so they just move on to a different topic

I'm not trying to make this a black vs white thing. However, I'm Korean-American raised in NYC and from personal experience I can attest it's not only black people doing the anti-Asian shit.

My ex-gf, who is Korean-American, was pushed randomly on the street by a fat white woman and called racist shit referring to covid. And another separate incident involved a really fat white guy at a Manhattan supermarket where he was following her around and told she shouldn't touch the fruit because she's going to spread covid and all this other racist shit. He kept following her around the store and harassing her so the store employees had to get involved and kick him out. For reference, this dude was obese - like 250-300 lbs obese. Ex-gf is like a 120 lb girl. Pretty despicable shit targeting much smaller or elderly people IMO.

So no, it's not only some black dudes that are thugs doing shit. It's also middle class to well to do white people.

while funny and deserving of the assbeating, that was a crime. If he had attacked someone then it would have been justified.

Agree. And let's adjust it a bit. Imagine a black man wearing a BLM shirt screaming how pigs are racists. And I white person blindsided him and beat him......probably wouldn't get many cheers.

And that's what this guy looked like. A crazy homeless man. We get them even where I live and they scream crazy stuff. Yet I would NEVER slug one in the back of the head. The more I think about this incident, the more I dislike it and the cheering it on

I'm not trying to make this a black vs white thing. However, I'm Korean-American raised in NYC and from personal experience I can attest it's not only black people doing the anti-Asian shit.

My ex-gf, who is Korean-American, was pushed randomly on the street by a fat white woman and called racist shit referring to covid. And another separate incident involved a really fat white guy at a Manhattan supermarket where he was following her around and told she shouldn't touch the fruit because she's going to spread covid and all this other racist shit. He kept following her around the store and harassing her so the store employees had to get involved and kick him out. For reference, this dude was obese - like 250-300 lbs obese. Ex-gf is like a 120 lb girl. Pretty despicable shit targeting much smaller or elderly people IMO.

So no, it's not only some black dudes that are thugs doing shit. It's also middle class to well to do white people.

I had some incredibly racist shit thrown at me from the Vietnamese when I lived in Garden Grove CA. Especially the men when I was with an Asian lady. It happens everywhere by every race.

But the sad fact is....90% of the VIOLENCE seems to be Black on Asian

For all we know the east asian guy is American too?

Agree. And let's adjust it a bit. Imagine a black man wearing a BLM shirt screaming how pigs are racists. And I white person blindsided him and beat him......probably wouldn't get many cheers.

nah, then it would a hate crime

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....DUH.

lol

No, it's not cool to harm homeless people for no reason.

Are you looking for a gold star or something? lol

Yeah I just saw that video. I think that Chinese dude should have saved that knuckle sandwich for a defense situation.

Well... let me know when an unstoppable mass surplus of videos showing "middle class to well to do white people" starts surfacing. Until then... Lets focus on the actual elephant in the room.

This one is extra disturbing for me since I've walked this street about a dozen times.

Last edited:
This one is disturbing for me since I've walked this street about a dozen times.

It looks almost targeted with how they slow down. Any background story here. I'm sure they could see it's an old man walking.

Back