The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@waiguoren

What are the odds you give Biden being the nominee?
What are the odds you give Bernie being the nominee?

Biden p= .25
Sanders p = .45

Say we were to do a name bet where we clarify the names beforehand. If I were to pick “Wai” for you, what would you pick for me?

Say we were to do a name bet where we clarify the names beforehand. If I were to pick “Wai” for you, what would you pick for me?
Mr. Lead, I don't particularly care what your Sherdog name is. My primary interest is in solidifying my championship status and name bets are valuable for those purposes.

Mr. Lead, I don't particularly care what your Sherdog name is. My primary interest is in solidifying my championship status and name bets are valuable for those purposes.

Okay, but I’m trying to see what we could arrange here in the form of a punishment if we elect it beforehand. It’s still a name bet but we’d have that provision like someone else did with a Trump av. Do you have any ideas? If so, we may be able to move forward with a bet here.

Okay, but I’m trying to see what we could arrange here in the form of a punishment if we elect it beforehand. It’s still a name bet but we’d have that provision like someone else did with a Trump av. Do you have any ideas? If so, we may be able to move forward with a bet here.
BimboTeet

:)

@Lead

Ist it possible to have bets that are only partially transparent before getting resolved? I would like to propose a bet the exact terms of which I would only like to reveal to you and whoever is interested in taking the opposite side of the bet.

The reason for that is that the bet would involve actions or lack thereof of one or more posters, which is why the terms could not be made transparent immediately.

@Lead

Ist it possible to have bets that are only partially transparent before getting resolved? I would like to propose a bet the exact terms of which I would only like to reveal to you and whoever is interested in taking the opposite side of the bet.

The reason for that is that the bet would involve actions or lack thereof of one or more posters, which is why the terms could not be made transparent immediately.

I’m not following here. What?

Can he make a bet that you sanction and post but the details of which are partially kept to PM between he, you, and his betting adversary.

Read man. Read.

Also, let's do this.

@Lead v. @waiguoren
1. Joseph Biden will be the 2020 Democratic nominee for president.
2. @waiguoren - against @Lead - for
3. Official Announcement at the 2020 Democratic National Convention (7/16/20)
4. Name bet: If waiguoren wins, Lead must chance his name to BimboTeet. If Lead wins, waiguoren must change his name to wai.
5. One year

Can he make a bet that you sanction and post but the details of which are partially kept to PM between he, you, and his betting adversary.

Eh, that seems odd and somewhat shady for terms of the rankings. Makes whatever it’s about not transparent for all to see. So is the premise itself classified?

@waiguoren

Last edited:
Read man. Read.

Also, let's do this.

@Lead v. @waiguoren
1. Joseph Biden will be the 2020 Democratic nominee for president.
2. @waiguoren - against @Lead - for
4. Name bet: If waiguoren wins, Lead must chance his name to BimboTeet. If Lead wins, waiguoren must change his name to wai.
5. One year

Whoa, now. You know what bet I was proposing here. Me- Biden, you- Bernie and null if neither wins. My whole engagement with you has been Bernie is weaker imo than current perceptions while yours has been the same with Biden.

Eh, that seems odd and somewhat for terms of the rankings. Makes whatever it’s about not transparent for all to see. So is the premise itself classified?

@waiguoren

@Lead v. @waiguoren
1. Joseph Biden or Bernard Sanders will be the 2020 Democratic nominee for president.
2. @waiguoren - Sanders @Lead - Biden
5. One year
6. If neither Biden nor Sanders is the nominee, the bet is a push.

Whoa, now. You know what bet I was proposing here. Me- Biden, you- Bernie and null if neither wins. My whole engagement with you has been Bernie is weaker imo than current perceptions while yours has been the same with Biden.
He just couldn't help but try and slip something past you imo
Slippery as an eel, this guy

@Lead v. @waiguoren
1. Joseph Biden or Bernard Sanders will be the 2020 Democratic nominee for president.
5. One year

Getting closer here. Remember though a name change bet isn’t going to be enforced manually from admins so you would have to give your word you will plat up to change your name. I keep plat year round so you don’t have to worry about that on my end. I picked four months cause that’s the required amount of time it takes after a name change to change it again. I don’t want a full year name bet and four months is pretty long but kinda the forced minimum here. Lastly, I want it to be “Wai” with a capital “W”.

@Lead v. @waiguoren
4. Name bet (If waiguoren wins, Lead must change his name to “BimboTeet”. If Lead wins, waiguoren must change his name to “Wai”.)
5. 4 months

We also need to pick a 7 which would be what mod decides on the bet if we reach a disagreement over its result. Seems like an impossible situation here but still needs put in since I shouldn’t call my own bet.

You are my favorite poster. I love you.
giphy.gif

Ohhh, I get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.