The War Room Bet Thread V4

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting to this one

Thou art a fiend and a chicken.

1. Democrats will retain a majority in the House in the 2020 general election
2. @Fawlty - for, @Farmer Br0wn - against
3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 6 months

bukbukbukbukbuGAAAAAWK!!

I'll do a one month avatar bet.

It only took you four times to finally articulate the metrics of this bet.

Done, lol

@Lead, we have a wager

Just FYI, I won't be putting anything on my avatar of an obscene or sexual nature. I know I have to stipulate that now because you absolutely will otherwise (you're nothing if not predictable).

Just so you know, anything along those lines will be rejected.

I'm okay with that.

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 6 months
6. The avatar cannot contain of obscene or sexual nature

Do we want to clarify how independents qualify or we going straight party affiliation? There's only one currently in the house but just trying to cover all bases here.
Also @Farmer Br0wn, can I get more detail on what you deem obscene? I have trouble getting bets honored and don't want this piece to cause a snag. @Fawlty, if you already have an idea, it may help to just pm me a heads up so this doesn't seem like an obstacle.

Let me know about the one question and afterwards, I'll get approvals and get this official.

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 6 months

Do we want to clarify how independents qualify or we going straight party affiliation? There's only one currently in the house but just trying to cover all bases here.
Also @Farmer Br0wn, can I get more detail on what you deem obscene? I have trouble getting bets honored and don't want this piece to cause a snag. @Fawlty, if you already have an idea, it may help to just pm me a heads up so this doesn't seem like an obstacle.

Let me know about the one question and afterwards, I'll get approvals and get this official.
My take is whatever appears on the ballot is the affiliation. If the Independent runs as the candidate for the party, that's where they score. If they run as an Independent but caucus with one of the parties, they don't score.

My take is whatever appears on the ballot is the affiliation. If the Independent runs as the candidate for the party, that's where they score. If they run as an Independent but caucus with one of the parties, they don't score.

That's easy to determine. @Farmer Br0wn, does that sound good?

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 6 months

I only agreed to a one month avatar bet, not 6.

In regards to independents, if they're registered independent, than they aren't Republican or Democrat. If you're not a member of a club, don't expect club privileges and such.

In regards to independents, if they're registered independent, than they aren't Republican or Democrat. If you're not a member of a club, don't expect club privileges and such.

Got it. Also, do you have more detail on what you would consider obscene? I don’t want that to cause issues when a winner isn’t decided.

Oops sorry, didn't see the 6 months in there, it's supposed to be 1 month.

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 6 months

That's easy to determine. @Farmer Br0wn, does that sound good?

Got it. Also, do you have more detail on what you would consider obscene? I don’t want that to cause issues when a winner isn’t decided.

Oops sorry, didn't see the 6 months in there, it's supposed to be 1 month.

Bumping again

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6a. A Democrat rep will be determined by if they ran on the Democratic parties ticket
6b. The avatar cannot contain of obscene or sexual nature

@Farmer Br0wn , I just want a little more guidance on what is obscene to get this finalized. That word can be fairly subjective and I don't want it causing problems once the bet is called.

Bumping again

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6a. A Democrat rep will be determined by if they ran on the Democratic parties ticket

@Farmer Br0wn , I just want a little more guidance on what is obscene to get this finalized. That word can be fairly subjective and I don't want it causing problems once the bet is called.

Cambridge dictionary says

offensive, rude, or shocking, usually because of being too obviously related to sex or showing sex

I think the only part posing a problem there would be the 'offensive' part, as anything else should be easy to spot, right?

My proposal here would be that @Farmer Br0wn should be able to turn down any avatar but must publicly give a reason. (Same for the other party, of course)

Like I said before, I really don't have a problem with avoiding anything obscene or sexual, in whatever way it could be reasonably defined.

Bumping again

3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Cambridge dictionary says

offensive, rude, or shocking, usually because of being too obviously related to sex or showing sex

I think the only part posing a problem there would be the 'offensive' part, as anything else should be easy to spot, right?

My proposal here would be that @Farmer Br0wn should be able to turn down any avatar but must publicly give a reason. (Same for the other party, of course)

Like I said before, I really don't have a problem with avoiding anything obscene or sexual, in whatever way it could be reasonably defined.

Let’s try this
@Fawlty v @Farmer Br0wn
3. 11/3/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6a. A Democrat rep will be determined by if they ran on the Democratic party’s ticket
6b. The avatar cannot contain obscene and/or sexual material. @irish_thug will make the determination if there’s a dispute

If you both are good with this, just quote and give an okay to make it official. 6b is holding this up too much and assigning the determination to a third party makes the most sense. If thug determines the av to be obscene/ sexual, the winner just need to find a different av to give out. If he doesn’t think it’s obscene/sexual, the loser must accept the av or will be welching on the bet.

We good?

@HockeyBjj @PolishHeadlock2

How confident are you feeling on your bet compared to the time you made it? Do you feel more or less likely to win at this point?

@HockeyBjj @PolishHeadlock2

How confident are you feeling on your bet compared to the time you made it? Do you feel more or less likely to win at this point?

I don’t think Tulsi goes 3rd party unless there’s some breaking news I missed. There’d be heavy rumors of her camp taking about it by now, not just some bitter but muh Russians talking heads filling time with empty conjecture

You will have no problems once you assuage your glory to The Nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.