The WMMA GOAT likes her fries with ice cream

Sugar is not the cause of diabetes.
You either:
1 work for coca cola
2 buy the kool aid from sugar companies
3 hold shares in sugar companies
It is absolutely the cause of diabetes, along with consumption of processed carbs. Sugar causes insulin resistance. Ie the body cant cope with constant high levels of sugar. The pancreas basically gets worn out. You can rehabilite it though with keto and fasting.
The sugar companies have spent hundreds of millions with false research and hiding the truth.

Sugar is poison and anyone denying this is a sugar addict, simple as. Whatever glucose you need is made by your body in very small amounts and ingestion of sugar is not only completely unnecessary, but outright harmful to every single organ in your body, hence me calling it poison. It has been known for some time that sugar is as damaging to the liver as alcohol and is the reason why so many people (especially in the US) suffer from a fatty liver disease without even touching alcohol. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to poison.

If we're talking about athletic performance, cutting-edge research shows that it's far more beneficial to train on low glycogen stores and become fat adapted and load up on carbs only when you actually compete, so that your body becomes adept at burning both sources of energy at high efficiency. Muscles undergo through better adaptation to anaerobic exercise when training on low glycogen stores. When you constantly deplete your muscles of glycogen, they adapt to store more glycogen. Eating sugary trash while being out of competition is completely unjustifiable from both a health and performance point of view. And even when you want to carb load before competition, you do it with low insulin index (not just low GI), whole foods that will replenish your muscle glycogen stores with minimal damage to the body. Eating sugary trash is never justifiable.
Well said.

You have one life to live, and you're going to squeeze out another 30 seconds by spending decades being a miserable bitch.
He was helping out the fool who was basically saying sugar is ok. When it is very clearly not.

Sugar is poison and anyone denying this is a sugar addict, simple as. Whatever glucose you need is made by your body in very small amounts and ingestion of sugar is not only completely unnecessary, but outright harmful to every single organ in your body, hence me calling it poison. It has been known for some time that sugar is as damaging to the liver as alcohol and is the reason why so many people (especially in the US) suffer from a fatty liver disease without even touching alcohol. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to poison.

If we're talking about athletic performance, cutting-edge research shows that it's far more beneficial to train on low glycogen stores and become fat adapted and load up on carbs only when you actually compete, so that your body becomes adept at burning both sources of energy at high efficiency. Muscles undergo through better adaptation to anaerobic exercise when training on low glycogen stores. When you constantly deplete your muscles of glycogen, they adapt to store more glycogen. Eating sugary trash while being out of competition is completely unjustifiable from both a health and performance point of view. And even when you want to carb load before competition, you do it with low insulin index (not just low GI), whole foods that will replenish your muscle glycogen stores with minimal damage to the body. Eating sugary trash is never justifiable.

https://deniseminger.com/2015/10/06...-a-call-for-some-evolution-of-thought-part-1/

Summary. Test subjects lived on a diet of rice & sugar, and could eat as much of it as they wanted, some were eating a pound of sugar a day. Not only did they lose weight, most of their blood markers improved as did their insulin response.

^^^^^^^ THIS

THE DOWNWARD FALL (just a few of the things that are pushing us over the cliff)
Cereal arrived in the 1930s
Trans fats arrived in the 1950s
GMO and High Fructose Corn Syrup arrived in the 70s and 80s
There are far too many other nasty chemicals to list.

Now we have the food industry and pharmacy industry satisfied. They have cheap garbage food that last forever and is easy to make. We spend all of our time at doctors getting more prescriptions for medical issues that will likely never be cured because the people who know the most to cure them would no longer be able to make money off of us if they solve the problem.

The only way to solve the problem is to quit eating the crap.

And yet the average life expectancy goes up. So shut up.

You either:
1 work for coca cola
It is absolutely the cause of diabetes, along with consumption of processed carbs. Sugar causes insulin resistance. Ie the body cant cope with constant high levels of sugar. The pancreas basically gets worn out. You can rehabilite it though with keto and fasting.
The sugar companies have spent hundreds of millions with false research and hiding the truth.

Lmao. Even health nuts with fantastic diets can get cancer or get hit by a bus tomorrow. Food is one of life's great pleasures. If you want to live a miserable existence so that you can live an extra 2 year as a 90 year old man go for it, but stop lecturing other people on how to live their lives.

Lmao. Even health nuts with fantastic diets can get cancer or get hit by a bus tomorrow. Food is one of life's great pleasures. If you want to live a miserable existence so that you can live an extra 2 year as a 90 year old man go for it, but stop lecturing other people on how to live their lives.
I didnt do that at all. I just refuted a statement that was clearly wrong. Nothing wrong with a bit of sugar in your life but its not good for you at all.

Oh god, a keto dork. Let people enjoy shit food without your diatribe lol

Keto is not sustainable for most people, and I wouldn't be surprised if it causes you serious issues down the line.

I say this as someone who lost 50 lbs from Keto back in like 2010 when no one knew what it was, and has experimented with keto/carb cycling since then.
Keto was what you took away from it? It has nothing to do with keto. And I don't need to lose weight.

It's about poison being marketed as food.

You sound 100% insane
Because the one who doesn't stuff his face with poison is the insane one.

Obesity. Fatty liver. Type 2 diabetes. They are self-inflicted illnesses. They should not be things and would not be things if people ate food rather than poison.

I do realize that obesity, fatty liver and type 2 diabetes are poor people's diseases. Poor people cannot afford food, but have to do with poison. In addition, the poison industry is about money.

I eat when I'm hungry
I don't care for fries. I think it's a waste of a tasty potato.

I'm on keto, so I don't eat either.

I can honestly say I don't enjoy food. I think it's a waste of time. As I wrote elsewhere, I eat 8 soft boiled eggs every day. I eat more than that, but it's my staple along with avocado, tomato, and a few other things.

Funny thing. When you stop eating sweats, you stop caring about them. I do eat 90% chocolate. Just one piece.

A side note. Keto isn't so much a diet as a lifestyle. It is primarily about putting a stop to compulsive eating. Breakfast wasn't a thing for 99.99% or so of human history. You had to pick or catch your food before you got to eat. Breakfast is the first thing everybody should stop doing.

Most things we are taught about food come not from doctors, but the food industry. The aforementioned breakfast. Food groups aren't a thing.

This thing is absolutely insane.
food-groups-chart.jpg

Source: https://www.healthyeating.org/products-and-activities/curriculum/high-school/lesson-1

Even if you remove the craziest things on this chart, it's still not a thing. Eggs and tuna aren't comparable. Eggs are the healthiest things humans can eat. Tuna is garbage, The white bread of fish.

The healthiest dairy you can eat is not even on the list. Butter. Organic butter. It's so healthy, you can eat as much of it as you want. Bulletproof coffee.

GMO corn next to avocado?

That's the main point. The food industry and the FDA don't make any distinction between poison (e.g. corn, cereal, farmed salmon) and food (e.g. tomatoes, eggs, non-farmed salmon).

I eat when I'm hungry. Or at least I try to, when I have time. Unhealthy I'm sure, but it is what it is.

Again, sweeping generalization and unsupported assertion.

Also, name calling, drama, hand-wringing and more unsupported assertions.

Please do better if you ever respond to me again.

PS: given that my mother's side of the family all had various insulin disorders I keep my carbs very low with one weekly exception. If you are going to engage in ad hominem attacks, again, try being correct. Also, peer-reviewed research is the equivalent of show your work.

^^^^^^^ THIS

THE DOWNWARD FALL (just a few of the things that are pushing us over the cliff)
Cereal arrived in the 1930s
Trans fats arrived in the 1950s
GMO and High Fructose Corn Syrup arrived in the 70s and 80s
There are far too many other nasty chemicals to list.

Now we have the food industry and pharmacy industry satisfied. They have cheap garbage food that last forever and is easy to make. We spend all of our time at doctors getting more prescriptions for medical issues that will likely never be cured because the people who know the most to cure them would no longer be able to make money off of us if they solve the problem.

The only way to solve the problem is to quit eating the crap.

Cereal was before the 30s. I am from a city that had a headquarters for one of the manufacturers.

Anyway, the basic ideas of what you guys are saying are sort of okay. But, to say, for example, that corn is evil? WTF are you guys on?

Damn food conspiracy theorists.

Cereal was before the 30s. I am from a city that had a headquarters for one of the manufacturers.

Anyway, the basic ideas of what you guys are saying are sort of okay. But, to say, for example, that corn is evil? WTF are you guys on?

Corn syrup is not corn. Its like made from corn starch but is mostly glucose. So it well mess with your insulin and give you diabetes. Its not good.

Keto was what you took away from it? It has nothing to do with keto. And I don't need to lose weight.

It's about poison being marketed as food.
Yeah I get it, the only words you know are 'keto' and 'poison'.

You're a freak with an eating disorder who doesn't enjoy food and you're talking down on normal people like they are idiots. You don't even have the brain function anymore to realize how extreme you sound.

Everyone in my family eats sugar and lives to nearly triple digit numbers. I'll continue eating sugar and being a normal and healthy member of society, because I don't need to squeeze out an extra year or two in my hundreds.

You'll be emaciated suffering from brain fade on your death bed wishing you would have just had one ice cream sandwich.

The cause of diabetes (I'm specifically talking about type 2, type 1 has nothing to do with eating sugar indeed) is chronically elevated insulin levels throughout prolonged periods of time in the day. For 99% of people out there, consumption of sugary trash in general coupled with constant grazing habits where you keep eating throughout a large part of the day is the cause of diabetes.
Sugar is not the cause of insulin resistance either.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM197103112841004

You either:
1 work for coca cola
No, it doesn't.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM197103112841004

Keto can't cure diabetes.

Today's corn is nothing like wild corn. It's just garbage.

Back