Media The worst beat down ever handed in the octagon

Heavyweight beatdowns are the worst. I'd go with Bigfoot dribbling Fedor's head off the canvas for almost a full round in mount, it was so bad it made the man move away from HW's and look for an elderly man two weight classes below him and that was no less of a disaster. The longer one would be Stipe destroying Hunt.

Not a sustained beating, but within the 20 seconds it lasted it was bad, as well as being an egregiously late stoppage... one well placed elbow that for all intensive purposes should’ve ended the fight, followed by eighteen unanswered ground strikes where Mark wasn’t really conscious enough to effectively protect himself.... WTF...? Josh Rosenthal
weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

Max vs Kattar
Kattar vs Giga

Giga will 50-45 his next opponent. imo

BJ Penn v Joe Stevenson
Glover Texiera v Kyle Kingsbury was pretty bad iirc
I saw one ufc fight recently where an Asian fighter took his opponent's back, flattened him onto the canvas and threw several wild hooks to the side of the head before the ref stopped it. It was absolutely brutal

I gotta go Max/Kattar, with JDS/Cain right behind. Still don't know how Kattar made it to the end of that fight. Obviously Max doesn't have huge power but he was really cutting loose on Calvin. Those elbows were fucking nasty.

JDS Cain (2&3)
Cro Cop & Wandi (Wandi was never the same after that)
GSP & Serra (2)
Silva & Franklin (1&2)

Not a sustained beating, but within the 20 seconds it lasted it was bad, as well as being an egregiously late stoppage... one well placed elbow that for all intensive purposes should’ve ended the fight, followed by eighteen unanswered ground strikes where Mark wasn’t really conscious enough to effectively protect himself.... WTF...? Josh Rosenthal
weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif
"You better not die in there Mark or I'm gonna have to stop the fight!"

One beatdown that really stood out to me that may not have had as much pysical damage (thankfully) as others, was DC VS Hendo -- he beat Hendo in damn near every facet of MMA before finishing him. Just watching it happen to Hendo, albeit an aged Hendo, was nuts when it happened. I thought DC would win a commanding decision but maybe get caught with an H bomb, but that fight was 100% domination over one of the toughest guys I've seen fight.

Back