The xHeadx Random Food Thread

Are you Italian? I'm trying to get that family recipe.

Nope, but we make Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Mediterranean, American, and all sorts of stuff. I'll also post some home made pasta with meatballs & sauce.

i gave up on pretzels long ago now i just make bites

They can be a pain in the ass but once you learn how to make dough, the rest is not too difficult. You'd be surprised, or maybe not, how similar different types of dough are.

Nope, but we make Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Mediterranean, American, and all sorts of stuff. I'll also post some home made pasta with meatballs & sauce.

I enjoy cooking. Will most def give some of your recipes a go.

once you start shaping pretzels into shape how long until you are making choc chip cookies for your husband. i aint going down that road.

Braised Short Ribs.

• Beef short ribs (8-10)
  • up to 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3-6 thin slices bacon, diced (not necessary but will add flavor. leave out if you don't like)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp
  • 3-4 potatoes, peeled & chopped
  • 2-3 carrots, sliced or diced
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 shallots, minced (not necessary but include for flavor)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1/8 to 1/4 cup red wine
  • 4-8 cups beef broth (enough to almost cover the ribs)
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • Salt & pepper to taste
In a dutch oven, or similar cooking pot, sear the beef ribs & then remove. If using bacon add here & brown the onions & shallots & add garlic a few minutes into the browning. When brown, add tomato paste & flour (a bit at a time & only enough to thicken sauce) and brown for 1-2 minutes. Next, add beef ribs, vegetables, wine, broth, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to simmer & cover. Braise until meat is fork tinder (1-2 hours). Monitor your braising liquid level & stir occasionally.

2016-07-12 22.13.31_1.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy cooking. Will most def give some of your recipes a go.

If you ever need specifics, feel free to message me & I'll provide details where I can.

once you start shaping pretzels into shape how long until you are making choc chip cookies for your husband. i aint going down that road.

This is a family effort with the wife & me but you do you. <Moves>

Vanilla Bean Cupcakes

Cupcakes:
  • 3/4 cup real, unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3-4 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 - 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1-2 vanilla bean paste (vanilla seeds from pods -- DO NOT SKIP this one)
  • 1 1/4 cups sour cream
  • 2 1/2 cups cake flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Icing:
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • up to 2 tsp milk (use as needed to thin frosting)
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 vanilla bean paste (vanilla seeds from pods -- DO NOT SKIP this one)
You'll need a mixer for this one & a spatula. An offset spatula is even better but not required. Always a good idea to sift flour, sugar, salt & baking soda but not required.

Cupcakes:
  • Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar in the bowl for 4 to 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, vanilla bean seeds and sour cream.
  • In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  • In the mixing bowl add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined. Be gentle & do not over mix!
  • Divide batter among cupcake pan & bake up to 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Good idea to use cupcake liners and/or cooking spray. Use toothpick to check if done.
Frosting:
  • Using a mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
  • Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and salt & beat for about 3 minutes until fluffy.
  • Frost cooled cupcakes with a spatula (or offset).
Quality vanilla bean & extract will make or break this recipe. Also recommend cake flour over all-purpose. Do not over beat your batter like your meat!
20190709_202034.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the BBQ Meats?

That's all I really care about..

No propane...

Where is the BBQ Meats?

That's all I really care about..

No propane...

I posted some in the thread I referenced in the OP. Will post here at some point. I only BBQ with charcoal & wood.

Beef & Vegetable Soup

• 1 Chunk of Beef, chopped into smaller chunks (chuck roast, tri-tip, etc., 2-4 lbs)
  • 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 Onion, diced
  • 3-5 Red Potatoes, peeled & chopped (can use russet or golden)
  • 2-3 Carrots, peeled & chopped
  • 1 Cauliflower Head, chopped
  • 1 Small Bag Frozen Green Beans (16 oz can use canned, drained)
  • 1 Small Bag Corn (16 oz can use canned, drained)
  • 1 28 oz Canned Tomatoes, drained (I prefer whole but can use diced)
  • 1-2 32 oz Beef Broth
  • 1-2 Tbls Cooking Oil
  • up to 4 oz Water
  • Salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot (I have a bomb ass Le Creuset cast iron pot but use what you have), heat cooking oil on medium heat & brown the meat chunks but don't burn. I like to add the garlic with the meat but can add garlic at end of next step. Remove meat from pot & add additional cooking oil, if needed. Brown the onions but don't burn. When browned, add the meat back to the pot.

Add the potatoes, carrots & tomatoes to the pot & 1 container of beef broth. Cover & bring to a boil then lower heat to medium-low & cook for about 30 minutes, right before potatoes & carrots are soft. If using whole tomatoes, gently break up with spoon. Add the cauliflower to the pot & a little bit of beef broth, if needed. Cook another 15-20 minutes. Add the green beans & corn to the pot & add more beef broth, if needed. The soup is ready when the meat is tender & the potatoes & carrots are soft.

Like most soups, this is even better the next day. You can also mix in different vegetables but I would always include the potatoes, carrots & tomatoes. You can also substitute ground beef but be sure to drain the meat as best you can.

2017-05-08 15.18.31_1.jpg

Beef Fajitas

• 2-3 lbs beef fajitas (inside skirt steak, no substitute)
  • 1-2 Onions, sliced
  • 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
  • 1-3 Avocados
  • Fajita Seasoning
  • 1-2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
  • Charcoal Grill
  • Tortillas (corn is preferred but flour is okay. Homemade is also preferred)
  • Hot Sauce (homemade is preferred)

Season fajitas at least an hour before cooking. I prefer a dry rub but can use a marinade. Use a prepared fajita seasoning but can make your own with your preferred spices. A good start is salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder & meat tenderizer.

Heat grill to 600° plus. At this temp, the fajitas will cook quickly in about 10 to 15 minutes. Do not leave unattended. The onions & bell peppers will be cooked simultaneously with fajitas.

Grill fajitas directly on the flame 4-7 minutes per side. We like ours well done but still juicy. Remove & let rest for 5-10 minutes.

Heat pan with cooking oil on stove. Add a dab of butter if you'd like. Saute onions & bell peppers to your preferred doneness. For bomb ass onions & peppers add salt in beginning & tsp of sugar when onions are translucent. Remove from heat when done.

Heat tortillas on comal or pan. Slice avocados. Slice fajitas against the grain. Construct the tacos.

20190601_175500.jpg

Smoking a brisket this weekend: 10 lbs, Prime. Starting on Saturday evening in prep for lunch on Sunday. Got the beer ready too. Will provide a play-by-play starting this evening.

20190823_150619_1.jpg

Do more ribs steak and stews.
Quick point of privilege...

We definitely cook all of those. I love rib eyes but will eat a t-bone or NY strip. Beef ribs are another favorite. Who doesn't like stew? I'll add these to the list.

Can you post a steak well done topped with ketchup?
tumblr_m9g0qpUIYD1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

well-done-trump-steak-7.jpg

Ugh.

Your pics show up really small bud

Damn it. I have to lower quality to upload. Maybe why. I'll look into hosting somewhere.

EDIT: Looks good from phone.

Tonight's dinner:

20190823_185304.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back