Then vs. Now Matchup

DJ vs TJ

Nick vs Nate (Nick is retired although still signed with UFC)

Are you saying BJJ has advanced that much in that time frame?
BJJ has advanced a lot in that time frame as well as what the guy below me said.
I think he's just saying Royce's bjj sucked, comparitively speaking to the elites at bjj.

BJJ is a relatively new discipline. A high level boxer from 1920 doesn't have shit on a good amateur from today. Royce's BJJ in 1993 isn't shit compared to what guys at the top are doing these days. BJJ is a relatively new and rapidly evolving martial art. Maia ties Royce into a pretzel with ease.

BJJ has advanced a lot in that time frame as well as what the guy below me said.

BJJ is a relatively new discipline. A high level boxer from 1920 doesn't have shit on a good amateur from today. Royce's BJJ in 1993 isn't shit compared to what guys at the top are doing these days. BJJ is a relatively new and rapidly evolving martial art. Maia ties Royce into a pretzel with ease.

what about ADCC trials?

&

1930-1950 boxing?

Do you think Belforts bronze from 2001 (Europe) is "overrated"? (too much stalling)

And what about boxers from 1930-1970? do they stand a chance against todays boxers?
I touched on that a little bit. Yeah a good pro boxer from 1930 would get starched by a good amateur from today. The talent pool is deeper, the nutrition is better, the training methods and technology are much better. As for ADCC, 2001 wasn't too terribly long ago. It's not the same as Royce from 1993, but yeah I would believe a bronze medalist in ADCC today would overwhelm Vitor in 2001.

Back