There was a small window in time where Conor would have been a 4 weight champion

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretend the Diaz fights never happened. Then, right after he beat RDA or Alvarez at 155 several months earlier than happened in the Diaz timeline, the champ at 170 was Lawler. What no one knew at that time was that Lawler was on a HEAVY decline. Conor COULD have beaten the Lawler at that time, and it would have looked like he beat Lawler in his prime.

After that fight, the champ at 185 would have been Michael Bisping. This is just a terrible style matchup against someone lucky to be champ in the first place. You have one of the best strikers of all time in his prime against a guy that doesn't take people down. Conor could have boxed him up and won the 185 belt here.

Conor could not have done any of this at any other point in recent history. This was just a small window in time where the stars aligned for him if he decided to stick with MMA. Which he didn't; he went to fight Floyd, started a whisky company, and the rest is history.

But.. what if?

I love Conor, but Woodley would have fucked him up. Him fighting at 185 is just delusional.

Having 145/155 titles at the same time is impressive enough. He's a legend and anyone who says otherwise is a hater.

Last edited by a moderator:
a little bit of a wishful thinking.

Woodley would have "Khabibed" Conor (as in wrestlefucked him)... or KO'd him.
And Bisping is just too big with endless gas tank.

Heck, Bisping took a good couple of Hendo's H-Bomb and survived 5 rounds (and won).... Conor would gas in 1 or 2 rounds...
Bisping would beat Conor like Nate did in their first fight.

Last edited:
Woodley has a good chin, knockout power and wrestling. He would have beaten Conor. I could see Conor finishing Bisping though

I always thought he had better chances agains T-Wood, than against Khabib. Woodley just doesn't use his wrestling.

I love Conor, but Woodley would have fucked him up. Him fighting at 185 is just delusional.

145/155 title at the same time is impressive enough. He's a legend and anyone who says otherwise is just a hater.
I meant Lawler, it was a mistake. And Lawler was really declined during his last defense. And I agree he can't beat anyone at 185.. except for Bisping.

Both Woodley, and Bisping would have beat him easily. He doesn’t have the power or cardio to beat either guy. Woodley is a much bigger wrestler, with KO power. And Bisping is just too big (ex-LHW) and powerful. He gave GSP all he could handle.

No way in hell he beats either guy.

Conor would have been in a favorable matchup against Woodley too, he even tweeted about it last year saying he should have went for that belt when Woodley was champion. If Conor had problems with Nate’s size though Bisping would have KO’d him

Pretend the Diaz fights never happened. Then, right after he beat RDA or Alvarez at 155 several months earlier than happened in the Diaz timeline, the champ at 170 was Lawler. What no one knew at that time was that Lawler was on a HEAVY decline. Conor COULD have beaten the Lawler at that time, and it would have looked like he beat Lawler in his prime.

After that fight, the champ at 185 would have been Michael Bisping. This is just a terrible style matchup against someone lucky to be champ in the first place. You have one of the best strikers of all time in his prime against a guy that doesn't take people down. Conor could have boxed him up and won the 185 belt here.

Conor could not have done any of this at any other point in recent history. This was just a small window in time where the stars aligned for him if he decided to stick with MMA. Which he didn't; he went to fight Floyd, started a whisky company, and the rest is history.

But.. what if?

I want whatever good shit you're smoking, on a serious note....

Conor's power does not translate well to 155, it was fun to talk about at the time (I was never convinced or really cared about any talk for him beyond 155) but its also unrealistic and he would have got mauled at 170, and stopped dead at 185

Back