Thickest Rashguards/spats?

PabloMEX

Resident Bang Bro
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey yo,

Who makes the thickest rashguards/spats? I prefer some of the thicker feeling garments out there, a lot of the older stuff was way thicker than it is now. One brand that comes to mind was piranha, but they are out of business unfortunately. Any ideas?

Thx.

The couple of scramble rash guards I have a thicker than my non scramble ones.

All my spats are about the same including my one scramble pair.

I agree with millinair,

My Scramble rash guard is thicker than the other ones I have; Tatami, Shoyoroll, and Flow.

I think stuff not made for grappling will be thicker.
Look at thermal compression baselayers aimed at mountaineers.

Or just double up the thinner kind.
Most pro fighters wear double or tripled up shorts when fighting, and in the case of women the tops too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I used to have the scramble "be like water" rash guard, it was a little on the thin side. Maybe their newer stuff is thicker?

General compression gear made for outdoors people seems to be tailored for heat retention. See Underarmour Heat Gear. It is thicker, but the interior lining of that stuff is not what I would want while grappling.

I think a lot of the old school rash guards were just re-purposed surf gear. One of my favorite rash guards was some generic made in Pakistan gym rash guard that felt like it was between a regular rash guard and neoprene. It was heavy af after a training sesh, not really meant to wick away moisture, but I liked the durability.

I've got a bunch of rash guards and slays and they're basically all the same. The only thing that varies due the tag guards is the cut. Some are longer in the torso, or for more snugly around the armpit.

The only different pair I have is some Ground Game spats. They're noticeably thicker.

sadly they dont make them like they use to i had a gamess rashguard from 2007 was super thick amazing now they are made from cheap walamrt brand material and horrible designs on average

best bjj gear was in mid to late 2000s

tbh your best bet is looking up used gear from ebay

*UPDATE*

I finally found a rashguard that is more like the older stuff on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adult-Kids...rentrq:803da54e1720ad397f240e1dfff12e18|iid:1

If I had to put a number on it, I would say it's about 85% to what I wanted, but thicker than most other rash guards that I have bought recently. It reminds me a lot of the older Venum rashguards.

I am thinking anything super generic made in a random factory located in Vietnam or Pakistan is probably a safer bet. The trend with a lot of athletic gear is to be as thin and light as possible, so it is only natural that grappling stuff follows that trend as well. Oh well.

sadly they dont make them like they use to i had a gamess rashguard from 2007 was super thick amazing now they are made from cheap walamrt brand material and horrible designs on average

best bjj gear was in mid to late 2000s

tbh your best bet is looking up used gear from ebay

Yea I would agree, the one I linked still isn't as thick, but IMO much better than a lot of the stuff out there nowadays.

Back