Thinking About Getting A 9mm

You won't regret going suppressed. If you have any questions on the process of buying nfa items feel free to ask.

CGS makes the quietest suppressors btw.
from my 3 9mm suppressors (Lunar 9mm, Obsidian 9mm, Tirant 9m)
i think the order is
Tirant > Obisidian >= Lunar

mostly because the of the 'wet' values. Dry values?
Obsidian > Tirant > Lunar

I looked this up, because of this post.

All I can say is, Jesus! I'm jealous.

Yeah cgs makes the best stuff.

https://pewscience.com/

You can look up tests of various suppressors here. They are by far the quietest on .308. While pew hasn't published many 9mm tests from other reviews and user feedback it is generally considered the quietest 9mm pistol suppressor available.

They can also be found for a very good price.

Yeah cgs makes the best stuff.

https://pewscience.com/

You can look up tests of various suppressors here. They are by far the quietest on .308. While pew hasn't published many 9mm tests from other reviews and user feedback it is generally considered the quietest 9mm pistol suppressor available.

They can also be found for a very good price.

Unfortunately, none of it is applicable to me and my situation.

<mma1>

If you want a 9mm that’s affordable and overall a solid gun I’d recommend a glock 17, 19, or a Smith and Wesson MP 2 compact (or subcompact). I’m a bit partial to Smith and Wesson myself but both are popular for good reason.

since you have a 45 already if you’re looking for something more compact I’m a fan of smith and Wesson’s bodyguard. It’s a very comfortable carry and IMO fires nice despite its smaller size. Some nut jobs out there might bitch that it’s a 380 round but unless you’re firing at someone in a vest or have a bear charging you’ll be fine.

Last edited:
If you want a 9mm that’s affordable and overall a solid gun I’d recommend a glock 17, 19, or a Smith and Wesson MP 2 compact (or subcompact). I’m a bit partial to Smith and Wesson myself but both are popular for good reason.

since you have a 45 already if you’re looking for something more compact I’m a fan of smith and Wesson’s bodyguard. It’s a very comfortable carry and IMO fires nice despite its smaller size. Some nut jobs out there might bitch that it’s a 380 round but unless you’re firing at someone in a vest or have a bear charging you’ll be fine.
I dont outright recommend Glocks anymore as the 'affordable' option because price creep on them has become insane. Gen 3's were around 450 new, and when the Gen 4's hit, the asking price was $600. With Gen 5's now at $700 base, 800 for MOS, they are now in the 'top tier' pricing category as far as mass pro guns go. They are priced like Sigs and HK's but still have Glocks shitty sights and triggers.
Good mid tier guns NOW? M&P lineup, and new foreign contenders like Canik.

I dont outright recommend Glocks anymore as the 'affordable' option because price creep on them has become insane. Gen 3's were around 450 new, and when the Gen 4's hit, the asking price was $600. With Gen 5's now at $700 base, 800 for MOS, they are now in the 'top tier' pricing category as far as mass pro guns go. They are priced like Sigs and HK's but still have Glocks shitty sights and triggers.
The P10s from CZ are near that $550 price range too.

Just to throw out something different than what's already been suggested, have a look at the Canik line. In my opinion, they are the best value in pistols today. Reliable, well made and great triggers from factory.

What about the 43X and 48? Don't you carry the former with the Shield Arms mags?

What about the 43X and 48? Don't you carry the former with the Shield Arms mags?
I do. and when i bought that 43X i paid about $499 for it (i didnt, but that was what the retail value was back when they were new) Now, that same gun is selling for $600 bucks. At that price, i woulda bought a P365XL

I do. and when i bought that 43X i paid about $499 for it (i didnt, but that was what the retail value was back when they were new) Now, that same gun is selling for $600 bucks. At that price, i woulda bought a P365XL
Still $358 with the blue label price.

<VinceCa$h>

I used to want to grab a 19X for shits and giggles or a 34 to Gucci out for fun. Then I saw the prices and now for the prices they're at I'd rather get more CZs.

Back