Thor with a new PB/PR on elephant bar. 1058.

Wow after the rep he still looks fresh. I hope he beats eddie and then we might get deadlift war between them.

No suit? 500kg should be in the bag then

Since they put the deadlift as the 4th event this year...He says he is aiming for 475kg to comfortably beat everyone without taxing himself for the last event.

That said, he also stated that if he is in a very comfortable lead like last year that he would quote-"If I'm in a comfortable lead and I feel good...Fuck it I'm going for 501kilos."

Since they put the deadlift as the 4th event this year...He says he is aiming for 475kg to comfortably beat everyone without taxing himself for the last event.

That said, he also stated that if he is in a very comfortable lead like last year that he would quote-"If I'm in a comfortable lead and I feel good...Fuck it I'm going for 501kilos."
Eddie will discredit it by saying it's not on a standard bar lol

Eddie will discredit it by saying it's not on a standard bar lol

It's all Eddie has to cling to anymore.

I watch his vids on youtube because he is entertaining...But he does get repetitive and annoying with his "I have a world rehcoooord...It's a rehcooord of the world."

He seems to plug it with every collab he does. Starting to come off like Mike O'Hearn.

The two bars present two different challenges. The straight bar may not have any whip to it but that bitch stays steady throughout the lift from start to finish. That elephant bar, if you try to pull like you would on a solid powerbar you're going to be in for some whip blowback. Almost feels like you have to pull it twice during the single movement.(I'm basing this off of my experience with a deaflift bar and power bar.)

You really have to pull the slack out of it and move it up a bit slower so you don't catch that whip action. Where as the powerbar is just grip and rip.

Martins spoke about this in a video a while back. Even Rauno Heinla gets a better pull off a less whippy bar than the elephant bar.

Last edited:
I've heard the elephant bar is harder because its whippier. Idk.

Thor
Martins
Heinla

Have all either stated or shown through their training that it's more challenging because of that whip. Heinla's style is better suited for a powerbar.

Thor
Martins
Heinla

Have all either stated or shown through their training that it's more challenging because of that whip. Heinla's style is better suited for a powerbar.
People might say elephant bar is easier because all of the weigth will be lifted off the floor once you are midway-ish but since thor uses eleiko thin plates he does not benefit from this alot so i dont understand the hate

Brian Shaw posted a Q&A video on YouTube with Rob Kearney a few days ago, and they talked about the deadlift record in relation to the elephant bar deadlift. They came to the conclusion that they were two separate lifts given the difference in the bar.

On a side note, Thor looks unstoppable and Martins looks mortal ahead of the Arnold Classic.

It's all Eddie has to cling to anymore.

I watch his vids on youtube because he is entertaining...But he does get repetitive and annoying with his "I have a world rehcoooord...It's a rehcooord of the world."

He seems to plug it with every collab he does. Starting to come off like Mike O'Hearn.

The two bars present two different challenges. The straight bar may not have any whip to it but that bitch stays steady throughout the lift from start to finish. That elephant bar, if you try to pull like you would on a solid powerbar you're going to be in for some whip blowback. Almost feels like you have to pull it twice during the single movement.(I'm basing this off of my experience with a deaflift bar and power bar.)

You really have to pull the slack out of it and move it up a bit slower so you don't catch that whip action. Where as the powerbar is just grip and rip.

Martins spoke about this in a video a while back. Even Rauno Heinla gets a better pull off a less whippy bar than the elephant bar.

I mean that's a pretty bad ass record to cling to. He's also a former WSM champion. Eddie has been pretty upfront saying he's trying to capitalize on the wins for financial security. I enjoy his videos with Brian.

And after the bullshit Thor tried to pull during Eddie's WSM winning run with the press event, I haven't had much respect for him.

I mean that's a pretty bad ass record to cling to. He's also a former WSM champion. Eddie has been pretty upfront saying he's trying to capitalize on the wins for financial security. I enjoy his videos with Brian.

And after the bullshit Thor tried to pull during Eddie's WSM winning run with the press event, I haven't had much respect for him.

I can understand Thor's frustration there, being called for double dipping when there was no double dipping(He CLEARLY push pressed that 15th rep.)...I'd be fucking pissed too. I would have been pissed if a shit ref did the very same to Eddie, or Brian, or anyone.

Eddie on the other hand, clings to Thor's name for dear life to keep himself relevant. Since that 2017 debacle, only one of these two has been constantly throwing shade and shit at the other...And that's Eddie.

Though there does seem to be a glimmer of hope for burying the hatchet, they've been in a video or two together and being quite civil.(Sushi eating contest with Larry "I can't keep my mouth closed when I eat" Wheels)

I can understand Thor's frustration there, being called for double dipping when there was no double dipping(He CLEARLY push pressed that 15th rep.)...I'd be fucking pissed too. I would have been pissed if a shit ref did the very same to Eddie, or Brian, or anyone.

Eddie on the other hand, clings to Thor's name for dear life to keep himself relevant. Since that 2017 debacle, only one of these two has been constantly throwing shade and shit at the other...And that's Eddie.

Though there does seem to be a glimmer of hope for burying the hatchet, they've been in a video or two together and being quite civil.(Sushi eating contest with Larry "I can't keep my mouth closed when I eat" Wheels)

Thor wasn't frustrated until Eddie stomped him in that press event and Thor was clearly double dipping in that shit. He didn't complain until well after his turn was over. If you listen to the judges they even state that about 4 of those other lifts were given to Thor as warnings when they shouldn't have been counted. I follow Eddie pretty often and he rarely even mentions Thor.

Thor wasn't frustrated until Eddie stomped him in that press event and Thor was clearly double dipping in that shit. He didn't complain until well after his turn was over. If you listen to the judges they even state that about 4 of those other lifts were given to Thor as warnings when they shouldn't have been counted. I follow Eddie pretty often and he rarely even mentions Thor.

His QnA videos mate...Watch em.

And no there was no double dipping...Fucker push pressed from 12 onto 15.

Back