Thoughts on Krav Maga

Langstarr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The application of it is solely intended for real life situations. I just started training and I love it. I’ve found myself contemplating its place among all the other martial arts. They all have their benefits. I feel like this is a good one to start with for family safety purposes and getting a great workout.

Who else out there trains?

i Dont train krav manga (i box)... i THINK you have to train any non fullcontact fight system also on a fullcontact level (dont ask me how to do this). Only then, so ITHINK you will get something tremendeously better out of it. of course train something ie. any art is better than no training at all. What i want to say is, the more real sparring sessions you have the better (ground for this is your general training).

uh oh...this again.
we just had a post about krav maga like a month ago and it went off the rails...

uh oh...this again.
we just had a post about krav maga like a month ago and it went off the rails...
I’ll see if I can find it. They do have sparring classes twice a week. I haven’t been to them yet.

Legit krav maga clubs do normal sparring like:

- MMA style sparring
- kickboxing sparring
- Rolling / grappling

That being said. Krav maga is probably one of the styles that suffers from biggest variation from legit to very bad stuff.

Legit krav maga clubs do normal sparring like:

- MMA style sparring
- kickboxing sparring
- Rolling / grappling

That being said. Krav maga is probably one of the styles that suffers from biggest variation from legit to very bad stuff.
it's the isreali karate lol

Back