thoughts on milk today

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
a god decade ago people here loved milk called it the super food due to having so much packed inside lots i hear today hate milk so im curious as far as current science on it for athletes

Ķ
a god decade ago people here loved milk called it the super food due to having so much packed inside lots i hear today hate milk so im curious as far as current science on it for athletes
I guess it still is, only thing that changed is how milk is made. Back in the days, cows grazed on pastures all year long (hay in winter). Nowadays they're shot with hormones, mistreated and they're typically fed grains, most likely soy because it's literally cheaper than dirt. Cows normally don't eat grains but when you're starving you'll eat whatever, right. Modern conditions affect the quality of milk a lot, the milk you drink today is not the same as in the old days. Even the organic one isn't really organic. I believe that organic certification is given if certain standards are met but those standards are pretty low. Eg. 20% of year long diet must come from grazing. Still fed grains the other 80%

It's also dubious how these standards are enforced. I doubt there are inspectors regularly going to farms to see if the standards are met or if someone is trying to get away with substandard methods

The stuff today is mostly Malk
2d57d8ac-c8dd-4691-b803-731a1659e15e.jpeg

Last edited:
Raw+Milk+Quart.jpeg.jpg

This is supposed to be good but it spoils fast because it's not pasteurized. Supposedly it's better because it has healthy bacteria. If you can find raw goat's milk, I heard somewhere that it's even better.

Personally, I just get the pasteurized, grass fed, organic milk because the chunky thick parts, fast spoilage, and expensive price of raw milk.

View attachment 598497

This is supposed to be good but it spoils fast because it's not pasteurized. Supposedly it's better because it has healthy bacteria. If you can find raw goat's milk, I heard somewhere that it's even better.

Personally, I just get the pasteurized, grass fed, organic milk because the chunky thick parts, fast spoilage, and expensive price of raw milk.

Came here to post this. Raw milk is natural milk, from cow's tit to your glass.
Due to the bacteria it is excellent for gut health. It is also not homogenised (this is the real killer, I read, because it breaks down the milk into something different).
But it is extremely hard to find (in the country where I live at least) and spoils in like 3 days.
Raw milk is even given as medicine in some countries.

After reading about all this, I came to the conclusion that milk's detractors are usually talking about industrial milk (like 95% of all milk out there) which is an unnatural, sterile, hormones and antibiotic trash cocktail.

Soy, almond, oat, rice, pea, etc.

Omega 6 and lectins, Omega 6 and phytic acid, gluten and lectins, phytic acid, lectins, ect ect......good way to ramp up your inflammatory markers and wreck intestinal permeability.

I'm not a huge fan of any type of milk, but I find plant milks to be deceptively unhealthy. The only plant milk I'd willingly consume is coconut milk. If you're craving real milk and have to rely on these fake substitutes....then maybe you should listen to your body since it's trying to tell you something.

Omega 6 and lectins, Omega 6 and phytic acid, gluten and lectins, phytic acid, lectins, ect ect......good way to ramp up your inflammatory markers and wreck intestinal permeability.

I'm not a huge fan of any type of milk, but I find plant milks to be deceptively unhealthy. The only plant milk I'd willingly consume is coconut milk. If you're craving real milk and have to rely on these fake substitutes....then maybe you should listen to your body since it's trying to tell you something.
Pseudoscience.

I don't crave milk either, it's terribly unappealing. Plant milks are just handy.

Pseudoscience.

I don't crave milk either, it's terribly unappealing. Plant milks are just handy.

Nah, real science. The fact that you're still using them and seek them out means you crave real milk. Don't deny yourself real nutrition.

Fuck plant milk. Processed bullshit.

I reckon real milk (grass fed) is fine but depends on your genetics, if your ancestors had it then it will sit fine with you.

I think it depends on the person whether milk is beneficial to someone or not. I personally tend to avoid all mik and dairy products with the exception of cheese. I'll eat cheese from time to time.

An item I found potentially interesting but it's hardly proof, was a doctors experience with mllk and his patients. The doctor requested that his patients stop consuming milk and to stop eating dairy products. This was in the 1960s. Many patients did as the doctor asked. Not all patients followed his milk avoidance advice though.

What was interesting in essentially this small observation study was how the non milk drinkers stopped needing hospital services. The doctor mentioned I believe that he used to admit about 100 patients a year to the hospital for various illnesses. Of his patients that stopped consuming milk, almost all stopped needing medial care. He mentioned in particular no one needed their appendix removed in the non milk drinking group, while the milk drinking group of patients were typical with the number of patients needing that surgery.

Obviously don't know if that was a fluke of one doctors experience, but I found it fascinating.

On the other side of the debate, one of the better known writers about avoid milk for better health a doctor died young, in his 60s, from prostate cancer.

Back