Social "Times Up" (#MeToo) charities used most donations for luxuries and salaries

Not surprised in the slightest. The movement was always corrupt. But hey at least we dont have to listen to bryan callen's shit comedy anymore
How dare you!

I saw Bryan a few months ago at the Helium Comedy Club Indianapolis. He kicked ass!

He was the pastor of a the NEW life mega church. He is extremely conservative and a very outspoken opponent of the gay rights. Turns out he loved meth and male prostitutes. If I remember correctly there was some questions about if he misappropriated church funds. The church even had to payoff one of his gay lovers that was a member of the church.
There you have it. Honestly many mega churches are like Hollywood. They have power, money and even fame. When people have all that, regular people want to forgive them and even make excuses for any and all bad behavior.
We all really need to understand that there are very few people that aren't corrupted by power, fame etc. And putting faith into them blindly ends badly
Yoga has a lot of similar scandals as well.
Wonder what sherdogger was sleeping with the pastor?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...3-6m-2018-cash-went-salaries-not-victims.html

In short, they raised 3.6 million and used just $300,000 on victims. Everything else was for luxuries. In other words, these left wing charities don't give a shit about the cause, it's all about power and money.

Another reason why I don't give to just any charity. Most are horseshit.
Charities and international drug cartels are level as for the level of moral filth they engage in. At least the cartels are able to get their products to the people wanting them though

Everyone piggybacking on these Wokeist bandwagons.

#metoo was such a slap in the face for victims of sexual crimes. Trying to claim that rape survivors are in the same boat as fame-hungry actresses with no morals who've slept with ugly men to get parts in movies.......consentually.

If I was a female rape survivor I'd have started a counter movement. These things are not equal. Furthering your career is not the same as being physically attacked and sexually assaulted and fearing for your life. Yes, a few of those Hollywood cases did constitute rape of course, but most did NOT in the slightest.

Everyone piggybacking on these Wokeist bandwagons.

#metoo was such a slap in the face for victims of sexual crimes. Trying to claim that rape survivors are in the same boat as fame-hungry actresses with no morals who've slept with ugly men to get parts in movies.......consentually.

If I was a female rape survivor I'd have started a counter movement. These things are not equal. Furthering your career is not the same as being physically attacked and sexually assaulted and fearing for your life. Yes, a few of those Hollywood cases did constitute rape of course, but most did NOT in the slightest.
True. Good point. Metoo was more about sexual harassment and coercion. While rape is a much different and imho a more serious matter. Just another bad companion that resuled in little good

This is nothing new and nothing unexpected from the woke trend-surfing celebs.
They're simply awful people who would sell their own grandmothers for more fame and fortune.

Anyone with neurons firing could see these movements for the anti-male scam they were when they were formed.

Imagine being witless enough to support them.

Charities and international drug cartels are level as for the level of moral filth they engage in. At least the cartels are able to get their products to the people wanting them though

Lol. That is a good way of putting it.

Since the Mormon scandal came out, I've really began to think that all non profits should lose their tax free status. Universities, churches, sex dungeons, charities. They should all lose their sweet ability to not be taxed as they are all basically a scam.

Agree.

Since the Mormon scandal came out, I've really began to think that all non profits should lose their tax free status. Universities, churches, sex dungeons, charities. They should all lose their sweet ability to not be taxed as they are all basically a scam.

Which Mormon scandal?

Which Mormon scandal?

Basically the LDS takes in a billion more a year than it uses. It banks all that and reinvested the profits. It doesn't do any charity work and basically shouldn't be tax exempt

do your research people

stay off of social media, turn off the tv

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...3-6m-2018-cash-went-salaries-not-victims.html

In short, they raised 3.6 million and used just $300,000 on victims. Everything else was for luxuries. In other words, these left wing charities don't give a shit about the cause, it's all about power and money.

Another reason why I don't give to just any charity. Most are horseshit.

Unfortunately, this is unsurprising and occurs far too often with charities across any number of domains. Of course the angry hyper-partisan right-wing sheep in this forum will make this into yet another 'derp, leftists bad!' thread, but this problem is widespread...dishonesty and mismanagement spans the political spectrum. For example, how many of these 'super church' leaders are filthy rich and even have private jets?? LOL

There are a number of steps people can take when trying to decide where to donate:

- Various online resources try to analyze and rate charities, including what % of their donations actually reach those they are claiming to serve.

- Some umbrella organizations (like the United Way) require some transparency of member agencies in terms of finances, which often includes mandating a minimum % of donations that must flow to direct services/activities.

- Rather than donating to a big centralized org, instead do some good in your immediate community by finding local initiatives that you can support (local YMCA or Big Brothers/Big Sisters, after-school programs, church groups, youth sports teams and camps, etc.)

- Donate your time. A charity can't really turn your time into their personal vacation, inflated salary, or to cover over-the-top expenses... and you will know precisely what your 'donation' is doing.

This money was better spent than the $2.5 million that dude gave to the Trump vote contest.

I would suggest those looking for a good organization to make a donation to is the March of Dimes. They spend a small percent on luxuries and overhead. Unfortunately, there has been a totally fabricated meme circulating in conservative circles that only 10 cents of every dollar goes to research. Fake news.

Back