Times you were heartbroken of a UFC GOAT getting finished

Been mentioned but Aldo immediately came to mind. UFC did him dirty with that world tour. He was at a disadvantage with the language barrier and Conor absolutely ridiculed and tormented him for nearly a year. Add in the promotion was clearly backing Conor, deck was stacked against him. Then he loses in the worst way possible, hard to not feel for him.

I didn't get upset when Fedor lost to Werdum, but the loss to Bigfoot was really annoying, especially since I was afraid Fedor would retire after. Now I wonder if he should've (stayed) retired a lot sooner.

Good thread, for me it was Couture losing to Brock. Never like Brock and always thought he was a cheater. What made it worse was how Lesnar used the cage to stop a takedown in the first round.

In fairness, I still don’t think Brock should be allowed to fight, but will readily admit that he does an incredible job in WWE.

Shogun losing against Jones :(
giphy.gif

I was on a revenge wagon for years after that hoping somebody would beat Bones :rolleyes:

That fight wasn't even fair. Was kinda surreal tbh

I was really upset about Anderson/Weidman, GSP/Serra, Jones/USADA

but fortunately I also like Khabib and he will retire a perfect 29-0
not goat, but I was bummed out cain finished brock. I was a fan of brock going back to wwe.

Anderson vs. Weidman 2 is the obvious answer. The first fight was pretty bad but at least it gave hope and it was a regular knockout. Seeing him break his leg was devastating.

I've been a huge Frankie fan since he fought Tyson Griffin back in the day. The Sandhagen KO was brutal to see.

Bj Penn against Ryan Hall. I was thinking how badly he would've smoked him in his prime

Shogun vs Sonnen was sad as fuck.

Renzo Gracie vs Matt Hughes - Hughes win by leg kicks ffs. Matt Hughes. Leg Kicks.

Kos vs Hughes was uncalled for

Chuck vs Franklin... He had that look in his eye, and broke Rich's arm... Still lost.

Wand vs Leben is something i try to pretend didnt happen, much as I love Leben.

CroCop vs Schaub was pitiful.

Brock getting kneed in the illness scar by Overeem made me feel sorry for him... Which felt weird, being sorry for Brock Lesnar.

BJ vs that guy in the car park

Don Frye vs Dog The Bounty Hunter's bodyguard was like BJ

But the winner is Gomi vs Miles Jury... That was disgraceful, spiteful matchmaking that made me sick to my stomach... Fuck Joe Silva.

Schaub getting finished by Brown had to bee the most humiliating stoppage ever up to that point. Brown stole his girl, then KO'd him and STILL talked shit to him after. The silver lining? Karma. Enter Black Beast to call Brown a wife beater, KO him 100x worse than Schaub was KO'ed and then call out 'Ronda Rousey's fine ass' in front of half conscious Brown on live TV.

Not like a huge Aldo fan but I respected him a lot, and seeing Conor end him like that, I really felt sad for him. What made it so bad was that Conor absolutely ridiculed him leading up the fight, and he couldn't get anything back for it. Before this fight Aldo was really up there with GSP and Jones, but that forever changed since after witnessing that.

Aldo remains ahead of Jones and Silva: getting caught isn't nearly as bad as getting caught.

Chimaev catching Covid was heartbreaking incident

Bj Penn against Ryan Hall. I was thinking how badly he would've smoked him in his prime
That night i went out and took a fall and tore my ankle to shreds. I could empathize w Penn at that moment

Khabib is our goat and saviour , death to the non-believers

Back