TO cries about Megatron being 1st ballot HOF

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...errell-owens-questions-hall-of-fame-elections

“No disrespect to anybody that got in, but I just don’t understand the process,” he said. “Calvin Johnson got in on the first ballot. This has nothing to do with Calvin himself. The guy was a beast. But, there’s no justification when you have Torry Holt and Reggie Wayne on this year’s ballot that have done equal or greater things.”

Is he justified or is this absurd?

Surely Megatron is on a different level to Peyton Mannings #2 receiver.

Nope Megatrons the goat only reason people have Jerry over him is the longevity and the rings. I'm biased cause I'm a Lions fan but Megatrons the only reason I and many others even started to root for them in the first place.

Being the number 2 receiver on a team whose number 1 receiver is in the HOF is a huge advantage cause you're going to get less coverage. Larry's 08 playoffs for example was cause Boldin being there meant you couldn't double him. Calvin got triple teamed with no help. No WR could individually have done more.

Last edited:
T.O. is in. The fact that T.O. wasnt a 1st Ballot guy like Marvin Harrison or Megatron is the Joke.

Harrison wasn't better than TO and he was right to feel slighted being behind him both for HOF and 100 year team. But Megatron talent wise clearly was better dude was more talented than Jerry Rice only one I can see someone saying was more talented was Moss. He's just gonna complain when any receiver gets in faster than him whether it be justified or not. And you know what I understand that level of petty part of what makes great players great(just look at Tom Brady)but pisses me off now we have people saying that arguably the best receiver in NFL history getting in first ballot was a mistake. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And thinking Holt or Wayne is better than Megatron when they weren't even the best on their own team(they should be in the HOF but not everyone in the HOF are equals) just takes what was originally a legit gripe and makes it look worse.

Harrison wasn't better than TO and he was right to feel slighted being behind him both for HOF and 100 year team. But Megatron talent wise clearly was better dude was more talented than Jerry Rice only one I can see someone saying was more talented was Moss. He's just gonna complain when any receiver gets in faster than him whether it be justified or not. And you know what I understand that level of petty part of what makes great players great(just look at Tom Brady)but pisses me off now we have people saying that arguably the best receiver in NFL history getting in first ballot was a mistake. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And thinking Holt or Wayne is better than Megatron when they weren't even the best on their own team(they should be in the HOF but not everyone in the HOF are equals) just takes what was originally a legit gripe and makes it look worse.

Talent Wise Megatron is top tier , but T.O. isn't that far off , granted Megatron has much better hands , but T.O.'s production is insane especially when you remove Rice from the mix. He is up there with Larry and Moss.

Talent Wise Megatron is top tier , but T.O. isn't that far off , granted Megatron has much better hands , but T.O.'s production is insane especially when you remove Rice from the mix. He is up there with Larry and Moss.

Stat totals wise you can obv see case TO's better. But it's not clear at all and is relying on longevity same as Rice(who played almost as long as Brady at a high level this mofo was in the Super Bowl as a number one option past 40). There's also an argument to say Megatrons the goat(same with Moss who honestly I think has the best case to be better than Megatron) just based on what he could do there's no such argument with TO he's clearly one of the best but he's also clearly not number 1.

But the whole argument seems to be "Megatron shouldn't be first ballot cause TO wasn't first ballot" acting as if Megatron clearly wasn't as good. When talent wise he was clearly better and stats wise when you go to averages and away from totals he's better as well. TO's insane super bowl on one leg is crazy but who's to say if Lions didn't get robbed against the Cowboys Calvin couldn't have had insane playoff games that year too?

Stat totals wise you can obv see case TO's better. But it's not clear at all and is relying on longevity same as Rice(who played almost as long as Brady at a high level this mofo was in the Super Bowl as a number one option past 40). There's also an argument to say Megatrons the goat(same with Moss who honestly I think has the best case to be better than Megatron) just based on what he could do there's no such argument with TO he's clearly one of the best but he's also clearly not number 1.

But the whole argument seems to be "Megatron shouldn't be first ballot cause TO wasn't first ballot" acting as if Megatron clearly wasn't as good. When talent wise he was clearly better and stats wise when you go to averages and away from totals he's better as well. TO's insane super bowl on one leg is crazy but who's to say if Lions didn't get robbed against the Cowboys Calvin couldn't have had insane playoff games that year too?

I'm not freaking out that Megatron was 1st Ballot Questionable because he left a lot on the table, but he deserved it. I'm more pissed that the Media shits on T.O. .

Megatron was one of the best football players i have ever seen, and probably will ever see. Don't care about player comparisons, there is no argument against him being 1st ballot

Your title is misleading and misrepresents what T.O was saying completely for some weird bias "TO is a bitch" attempt you're going for.
This was him crying about Holt and Wayne and him being ignored for years with great stats, not Megatron being undeserving.

Just like if you went to the same school as four other people and all got passing grades, but one dude got his diploma immediately after while you and 3 others had to wait a few years.
What the specific scores on the tests or classes were are not the issue if all participants have exceeded the threshold for an award. Those who don't have the passing grades don't get in at all. TO most certainly has a passing grade.

Last edited:
I know it's a little off topic but I hate NFL's whole process of Hall of Fame. I hate the whole "first ballot" or not debate. He's either a HOFer or he isn't. It's not like he's playing games and adding more stats....his careers done. How is her not a HOFer in 2016 but he is a HOFer in 2021 for example? What changed?

I think the biggest problem is that they only allow a certain number of people in per year. So if you get stuck in a tough year or get stuck behind some other really good WR, for example, you might not get in right away or at all even if you deserve it.

Almost as asinine as MLB HOF not have Rose, Bonds, and Clemens in it. And keeping Schilling out b/c of social media and policitcal views. I hope next year they induct Bonds, Clemens, and A-rod all in the same year! lol.

Back