To honor the death of Chester Bennington you must watch this video! (Linkin Park) [2021]

No was it after they started doing transformers and shit

Nah, before that point. They were the teen edgelord emo band.

Transformers was their "movie soundtrack / mainstream rock" phase

Nah, before that point. They were the teen edgelord emo band.

Transformers was their "movie soundtrack / mainstream rock" phase
But that was when they actually made good music

It’s pretty telling that in a decade defined by depressing early and mid 90s grunge rock Linkin Park, a NuMetal band that came on the scene at the end of the decade was the whiniest and most miserable band of the decade.
I still own the hybrid theory though. I was 19 when It dropped so I was still in the angsty self loathing stage of my life. It spoke to me then. Now not so much. One year later still, RIP to Chester. Always sad to see someone die before their time

It’s pretty telling that in a decade defined by depressing early and mid 90s grunge rock Linkin Park, a NuMetal band that came on the scene at the end of the decade was the whiniest and most miserable band of the decade.
2000s was the emo punk era, too. And LP's songs were well paced and fun, for the most part. Not feeling this take.

I didn't like that band but he was a great singer. Would've been cool to see what he'd do in another band.

Really liked them till their 3rd album. Seen them once as a tester for their second album where they weren;'t good but whenever I've seen them apart from that they were flippin awesome. Saw Lost PRophets support them but the less said about that the better.
I did really go off them but when they were at festivals I was at they always put on a brilliant set.
The Dallas DVD and the Jay-Z gig and album were brilliant.

great musician, died like a coward

Mental illness mixed with the grief of Cornell..

I agree, it is not right for a person to do that especially when they have a family.. but it was obvious he had some kind of mental issues that made the decision for him.

I wish nu metal was still a thing tbh
it pretty much is, the nu metal revival has been happening in heavy metal for a while now cause all the kids that grew up listening too it now have their own bands.
and much like the original nu metal run, it still sucks

it pretty much is, the nu metal revival has been happening in heavy metal for a while now cause all the kids that grew up listening too it now have their own bands.
I went to high school from 1998 to 2002 and that was right when Nu-Metal became mainstream and was hugely popular. Our graduating class song was In The End by Linkin Park. Everyone was listening to them just not me. I was listening to a ton of Thrash and Death Metal at that point.

The bands that were the precursors to Nu-Metal are infinitely better than most all of the Nu-Metal bands that followed them. Helmet is one of those bands that are considered a major influence on the genre and they are amazing. Only problem is since they are associated with that genre many people write them off which is stupid. Helmet's first 4 records are legendary. Plus they influenced Botch, Chevelle, Deftones, Full Scale, Godsmack, Grinspoon, Korn, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, Papa Roach, Pressure 4-5, Primer 55, Norma Jean, Reuben, Shuvel, Silverchair, Staind, System of a Down, Three Days Grace and Tool

I went to high school from 1998 to 2002 and that was right when Nu-Metal became mainstream and was hugely popular. Our graduating class song was In The End by Linkin Park. Everyone was listening to them just not me. I was listening to a ton of Thrash and Death Metal at that point.
]

Yeah I was the same, though I didnt finish high school until 07, but everyone was into nu metal or scene/emo.

Just never my thing

got to see helmet with melvins though!

but its not mainstream

Yeah I was the same, though I didnt finish high school until 07, but everyone was into nu metal or scene/emo.

Just never my thing

got to see helmet with melvins though!
I didn't much care for the genre but I did have a soft spot for System of a Down and Static-X. Also like a few songs by Disturbed but that is about it.

2000s was the emo punk era, too. And LP's songs were well paced and fun, for the most part. Not feeling this take.
Yeah, weird. Dude just knows the song Numb or something lol. So many whiny bands around then, Linkin Park was definitely not the whiniest...

These guys are highly talented and make music with such a passion that you can definitely feel it. Linkin Park brought them together and you can hear that. But still they have their own sound which they call violent pop. Check out their new song Balboa, it's a banger! I also recommend Dark Side, Died Enough For You and a cover song Left Outside Alone. They have also covered Linkin Park's Numb.

Back